PDA

View Full Version : BIG DOG Lover Wanted

Sarah Moore
08-05-2007, 08:24 AM
GSHS animal shelter recently took in a Great Dane Lab mix. His name is Zorro but he goes by Z. He is 4 years old, in excellent health, housebroken, and a very sweet gentle dog. He is a great looking dog. The owner simply could no longer care for him because of other isssues, not because of problems with the dog. Great Danes are known for their giant size and gentle personality. Z is truly a "Gentle Giant". He gets along well with other dogs and cats and needs a home where he will get plenty of attention and exercise.

Z needs to go to a loving home as soon as possible. I'm sure Ken will have a picture available within the next few days.

kf5wd
08-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Should have one by this evening.

kf5wd
08-05-2007, 04:13 PM
Here is Zorro. He is nice and also huge. Below Z is a very sweet Calico named Juliette. She is about 1 yr old and super sweet.

http://members.toast.net/kf5wd102030/PICT0006.JPG
http://members.toast.net/kf5wd102030/PICT0001.JPG

mizicelex
08-05-2007, 05:12 PM
I know this is about "Z", but has Sparky finally been adopted?

08-06-2007, 09:37 AM
Juliette, by the way, was thrown from a pickup in E.S. Someone saw her get tossed but did not get the license plate. Someone called from the area and Sheila and I went and got her. She is SUCH a sweetheart. She had had a litter of kittens but was pretty much dried up by the time she was disgarded by whatever creep. Linda Winter

mtnviewsteve
08-06-2007, 01:51 PM
GSHS animal shelter recently took in a Great Dane Lab mix. His name is Zorro but he goes by Z. He is 4 years old, in excellent health, housebroken, and a very sweet gentle dog. He is a great looking dog. The owner simply could no longer care for him because of other isssues, not because of problems with the dog. Great Danes are known for their giant size and gentle personality. Z is truly a "Gentle Giant". He gets along well with other dogs and cats and needs a home where he will get plenty of attention and exercise.

Z needs to go to a loving home as soon as possible. I'm sure Ken will have a picture available within the next few days.
:cool:
~~~Blessings Sarah Moore~Loved meeting you~You are one of Eureka's finest treasures~
:cool:

08-06-2007, 04:27 PM
You are SO right. Sarah Moore is one of the best things that ever happened to GSHS and to the board of same. She is indeed a treasure.

Linda Winter

kf5wd
08-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Ditto about Sarah. We are blessed with good, hard working board members and shelter staff. The best in my 23 years with the GSHS.

Sparky was adopted yesterday. Ain't that great?

Sarah Moore
08-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Thank you all for the kind words. As I've said before, I have great role models! We are indeed fortunate to have an incredible and dedicated board and staff as well as very dedicated volunteers that make our work possible. Steve, thanks for stopping by the doggie shop yard sale and your support. It was truly a pleasure meeting you and Maletha.

And, now back to Z and Juliette :) Wouldn't they be a handsome pair in someone's home?

Sue Glave
08-07-2007, 08:11 AM
I know this is about Zorro, also, but I just wanted to update everyone about Simon, our missing Siamese baby. We have not found him, but have learned a man in our neighborhood has been using a live trap, The lady who lives across from him thinks he has been trapping neighborhood cats and hauling them away. We can't prove this, but would everyone please keep an eye out for Simon--he could be anywhere. I think Sarah Moore is a wonderful lady, too. She called me when the ad came out in the paper to tell me about the Siamese at the shelter. Such a kind, compassionate person!

kf5wd
08-07-2007, 12:26 PM
It is illegal to use leg hold traps in the City but live traps are OK. Hope you or someone can catch him if he is trapping cats.

Sue Glave
08-07-2007, 12:35 PM
It is illegal to use leg hold traps in the City but live traps are OK. Hope you or someone can catch him if he is trapping cats.

Thank you.. We hope to catch him , too. We were told at the shelter the only way to get him was to see him leave with a dog or cat, then follow to see where he dumps it and then they can get him.

mizicelex
08-25-2007, 09:23 PM
I noticed that Passion, Cutie and Zoro's names are gone. Have they been adopted?

Sarah Moore
08-26-2007, 07:42 AM
I noticed that Passion, Cutie and Zoro's names are gone. Have they been adopted?

Well, this is really exciting! Yes, Passion and Cutie were adopted, but I hadn't heard anything about Zorro finding a home. I don't get the information on a daily basis like Ken does. Passion was one of those dogs that won a special place in your heart the moment you met her. She went to a home with 2 children who will have a wonderful life growing up with her. Ken, can you fill us in on Zorro? I will call the shelter later and find out if we don't hear from Ken soon.

Ruth Wills
08-26-2007, 01:02 PM
Zorro has been with us for a week now and I have fallen in love. I have always had Labs and so a mostly Dane is a new breed for me. He is the most laid back, sweet dog I may have ever met. The 15 year old lab/chow mix is still alpha dog but enjoys Z very much. He is much better with a "friend" around since Frank, my chocolate, died. Z is a couch potato and sleeps in bed every night. He loves cats and they love him. There just isn't anything about Z not to love!

Sarah Moore
08-26-2007, 07:05 PM
That is so wonderful. Thank you for letting us know this great news, Ruth. Z is indeed a very sweet dog and it sounds like he found the right family. Bless you for opening your heart and your home to him.

mizicelex
09-25-2007, 06:06 PM
Well, it's me again asking about a couple of shelter dogs. I see that Captain 's and Sterling's pictures are gone from the GSHS web site. Captain has been there for quite a while and I hope he's been adopted.

Sarah Moore
09-25-2007, 08:53 PM
I don't keep up with adoptions on a daily basis and have trouble remembering the names of the animals that pass through the shelter. But, I am pretty certain Captain was adopted late last week. I believe he was our longest canine resident and the last dog at the shelter who came in during 2006. They staff was very excited. I am also pretty certain Sterling was adopted either late last week or over the weekend. Maybe Ken will remember and fill us in when he has time. Feel free to call the shelter anytime at 253-9188 if you have questions about a specific dog.

mizicelex
09-26-2007, 06:21 AM
Thanks for the update. It's a wonderful feeling when a furry friend has found a new home, especially one that has waited so long!

kf5wd
09-26-2007, 08:35 AM
Both Sterling and Captain were adopted. Now we need to work towards getting Amy and Duncan adopted.