PDA

View Full Version : Miss George missing a home

kf5wd
08-25-2007, 07:51 PM
This wonderful old lady was abandoned by her family after 18 years as an inside pet. Her master had to go to a retirement home and the family did not want her. She is super sweet and loves attention; a real sweetheart. She has been checked out by our vet and is in great shape for her age. She would make someone (especially a senior) a wonderful companion. If you or someone you know can give her a good home for the remaining years she has, please call the Shelter at 253-9188 or better yet just go by and see her.

http://members.toast.net/kf5wd102030/missgeorge.jpg

Sarah Moore
08-26-2007, 07:53 AM
Let's get Miss George back up to the top. This lady need to be home in someone's lap!! Since she is already an indoor cat and so loveable, she would also make a great greeter in an office or shop.

islandvideo
08-26-2007, 11:08 AM
It's so sad that no one in her owner's family could/would keep her, especially as it's so obvious that she meant a great deal to him/her. To have been a loved and cared for indoor pet for 18 years and to then lose the person she loves and her home - and to then be in a strange place, in a cage, with strange people and strange animals all around - well, it must be terribly traumatizing - it just absolutely breaks my heart. I wouldn't be surprised if her health starts deteriorating from the stress. Poor thing, I wish I could take her.

09-01-2007, 02:53 PM
This bothers me also. I have taken a few older cats with situations like this from the shelter because they have just quit eating and are depressed. I have had some success but not a whole lot. Recently I tried with an 8 year old female and even though I was able to separate her from all my other cats because she didn't like other cats, she really just didn't like it there, would not eat or drink, and missed her owner terribly. A friend of mine tried to see if she could make any connection with her and that did not work either. We had to put her down, and it just was not fair. I do have another female (looks like the 18 year old at the shelter) from the same person and she appears to be doing fairly well so far but I am wondering how she will fare when the shelter has room for her. My dream would be to have somewhat of a "retirement" home for these kitties, but the problem is always money. I can only do so much. A few years ago, a woman brought a 23 year old cat to the shelter. I don't recall why she told them she was bringing the cat to the shelter but I ended up taking him home. I called the woman to see what the story was. She said the cat was her husband's cat, she didn't like it, her husband was dying, the cat acted sick & she could not deal with it. The kitty did okay for a couple weeks at my house and then went in to kidney failure. I comforted him as much as I could, but it would have been nice if the only owners he knew would have been with him at the end. Linda Winter

celeste
09-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Linda, I have a cat condo to donate to your harem, call 253-0007.

juniper
09-04-2007, 07:09 PM
I'll put her up on my website this week! Don't know if folks really pay attention to the pets for adoption, but it's worth a try!

kf5wd
09-13-2007, 07:54 PM
Miss George has been adopted by a lady who recently lost her elderly cat. Ain't that great?

islandvideo
09-14-2007, 09:17 AM
Yes! :D