PDA

View Full Version : Isn't life GRAND???

Sue Glave
09-03-2007, 01:14 PM
My kids just left and I am so happy I got to spend some quality time with them! I got to really get to know my baby granddaughter, Kiley. We traveled most of her 15 months of life, and then moved here in June. I am happy to report she left a certified G'ma's girl! Of course they all fell in love with Eureka (who wouldn't?) and have decided they want to move here eventually, but until then made us promise not to move out of town so they could come stay with us often. YE-SSS!!!!! :woohoo:

I don't want to post this without telling all of you on Geekfest how grateful I am to be able to interact with you also. Being new here and working so hard to get our shop going, we have not been able to meet many people. Just getting up every day and see all your familiar names on line and listening to what you have to say keeps the MAGIC going for me! Thanks, guys!

PMilam
09-03-2007, 03:17 PM
It's good to have you here.. I'm sure you have said before.. but, which store is yours?

Sue Glave
09-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Thank you! We are Tinmaker & Glitz~~~~you know the one with that snazzy tinman out front. We are down on Main St across from the trolley. And we LOVE it here! :) I seem to be talking in exclamation points today!

Another Texan
09-03-2007, 04:54 PM
Ruby slippered heels clicking together, "There's no place like home, there's no place like home".:howdy:

MotherMoon12
09-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Sue, I've been meaning to make it into your store. Do y'all have any pink flamingos? Some of the stuff in your window looks kind of gardeny so I wondered.

Sue Glave
09-04-2007, 05:40 AM
No, I don't have any flamingos right now, but if you want, we are going to our semi-annual big show in south Texas the last weekend of Sept. and the first week of October, and I could find vintage or sometimes new ones there for you. If you just want new ones, I can order some for you when we get back. But flamingos or not, come on in the store, I would love to meet you!

PMilam
09-04-2007, 08:15 AM
I used to have some pink flamingos that were not plastic.. had something like re-bar for legs.. they got broken.. does such a thing exist any more?

And.. I seldom get to town any more.. but, I will come by first chance I get!

Sue Glave
09-04-2007, 08:23 AM
I used to have some pink flamingos that were not plastic.. had something like re-bar for legs.. they got broken.. does such a thing exist any more?

And.. I seldom get to town any more.. but, I will come by first chance I get!

Tose are usually the type I see when we do an antique show. I can look for you also, or you might check the antigue places here in town. Looking forward to meeting you!

MotherMoon12
09-04-2007, 08:31 AM
I would love to come to your store. The next time I don't have the ankle biters in tow I will make a point of that.

Lamb Choppe
09-18-2007, 05:46 PM
I briefly went by Sue's store a couple of weeks ago to give her something; couldn't stay because I pulled up on the sidewalk with the car running. I plan to go again when I can spend more time looking around. From what I saw, it is a cool shop!

Sue Glave
09-18-2007, 07:51 PM
Why, thank you, Lamb Choppe! Thank you again for the piano books, too. We welcome all of you to our store, you don't have to buy, alto that is nice! :D. Seriously we just like to meet the people that live here, and as you could probably tell when you were in the store, I really LOVE to talk. So come on down and visit. We are leaving Sunday night until Oct 9th for our big antique show in south Texas. Making that money for the winter! We have had so many other shop people tell us that new shop owners don't usually make it thru the winter, but we intend to be here for a long time. After all, once you have lived in Eureka, where else could you go?

Becky Davis
09-18-2007, 09:22 PM
wherebouts in south texas will you be? have a very safe trip and post when you can..will your shop be closed while you are gone?

Sue Glave
09-19-2007, 05:28 AM
We will be in a little town that has 80 people called Warrenton. It is the Roundtop-Warrenton Antique show, just below HY 290 between Austin and Houston. It runs for about 14 miles thru several little towns on HY 237 and we set up in yards and fields, but there are thousands of dealers and people come from all over the US to set up and sell. We get to see our friends we haven't seen in six months and make money, What a deal!
We don't have a laptop, so no posts until we get back. :( And we will have to close the shop this Sunday night, but will be open again on the 9th of Oct in time for Folk Fest.
Thank you, sweet lady for telling me to be safe!

PMilam
09-19-2007, 09:12 AM
Have a great time, and make lots of money!
Becky already covered.. safe trip!

Becky Davis
09-20-2007, 09:35 AM
Ditto what Patt said.
Makes me want to take a road trip.

Chaffyn
09-20-2007, 11:54 PM
Too many folks in here saying what is obvious.

This is just another day in paradise.

So what?

Ain't it grand?

===
C
===