PDA

View Full Version : Lucky the Cat Needs a Home

Sarah Moore
09-18-2007, 08:28 PM
Lucky is a new visitor at the shelter and is looking for his new home. He is a large gorgeous gray tabby manx. He is very sweet and affectionate and loves being petted. Unfortunately, he tested positive for feline leukemia. This means he needs to find a home with other feline leukemia positive cats or he needs a home with no other cats. He will need to live indoors to be sure other cats aren't exposed. However, he will make someone a wonderful pet. Can you please help Lucky find his new home and family? He is really a great guy.

Hopefully Ken can post his picture within the next few days.

BillVoiers
09-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Can he not share a home with other cats that have been vacinated for FELV?

Zeek Taylor
09-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Bill, I faced a similiar situation this spring while seeking a home for a kitten. The lady who would have taken the kitten had a cat that was positive. Even though the kitten had been vacinated for FELV my vet recommended that he not be placed in the home with a positive cat. The vet said there was somewhat of a risk to the kitten due to constant exposure to the virus even with the vaccination.
The kitten I wanted to place has cerebral dystrophy so was hard to place anyway. He has motor problems with his rear legs. So what the hell, kept him myself and dearly love him.

kf5wd
09-19-2007, 06:04 PM
Don't know what happened but I posted a photo earlier. Here it is again. This guy is super sweet.

http://members.toast.net/kf5wd102030/unlucky.jpg

Sarah Moore
09-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Lucky is one Lucky cat. Just found a message on my machine from the shelter that Lucky was adopted today. The lady who adopted him had recently lost her 18 year old cat and she is thrilled to have this sweet handsome guy join her family. Thank you nice lady. Hope Lucky has a long and healthy life with you.

BillVoiers
09-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Was the adopter Judge MacBeth? She recently lost an old cat and was loking at a beauty from the Huntsville Pet Shelter/ Don't know whether she took him.

Sarah Moore
09-20-2007, 06:00 AM
I don't know, Bill. They didn't leave the person's name in the message.

froggie
10-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Is the cat going to live? That is so sad.

Sarah Moore
10-10-2007, 07:55 PM
That's sweet but don't be sad, Froggie. Lucky was truly lucky and went to a perfect home that met all of his requirements. There is even a vet tech in the family!! Without exposure to other cat diseases and a little more luck, he will live a reasonably long and happy life. Last report was that everyone in the family is very happy:)

BillVoiers
10-11-2007, 11:32 AM
Glad to see that Lucky got a home. FELV cats can live for several years. I saw one at All Creatures Refuge in Buffalo MO who had had FELV for four years and was quite happy and healthy. Let'a hope it doesn't become standard GHSH policy to euthenize FELV and FIV cats.

froggie
10-14-2007, 10:32 PM
Oh I am so happy to hear that. It is something I have always wondered about. I am happy for Lucky.