PDA

View Full Version : kittens to good homes

Mr Eureka
12-18-2007, 12:08 AM
:(I have new baby kittens ready for santa! if any interest please call 479-253-8250:cool::):p;):mad:

BillVoiers
12-18-2007, 11:06 AM
Let's hope you will have the mother spayed as soon as possible.

kf5wd
12-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Mr. Eureka,
This thread is supposed to be for the use of animal rescue organizations, ie. Animal Shelters and Animal Control, not for giving away or selling animals. I hope you will insure that any female kittens you give away will be spayed so as not to reproduce to further add to the surplus.

JET
12-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Mr. Eureka,
This thread is supposed to be for the use of animal rescue organizations, ie. Animal Shelters and Animal Control, not for giving away or selling animals. I hope you will insure that any female kittens you give away will be spayed so as not to reproduce to further add to the surplus.

Sorry but that is not true. It says Pet Adoptions

kf5wd
12-21-2007, 04:44 PM
There is a big difference between give-a-ways and adopted animals. If you want I will be glad to point out a few. Give-a-ways are one of the main causes of surplus pets that are in shelters waiting to be adopted.

12-22-2007, 09:09 AM
Amen. Some give-a-ways wind up with good folks, many don't. And even if they SAY they will spay or neuter, they know they never will, they are just telling you what they know you want to hear. People need to wise up.

If you ever would hear all the stories of Linda Winter's with her cat and dog rescue, you would never let your animals have another litter. There are already enough cats and dogs in the world to supply us all. And too many tragedies for those that don't have homes, that are tossed out in the cold, abandoned and/or abused.

House_of_Healing_Hands
12-22-2007, 11:55 AM
There is a big difference between give-a-ways and adopted animals. If you want I will be glad to point out a few. Give-a-ways are one of the main causes of surplus pets that are in shelters waiting to be adopted.

So you think that we all should just take our strays up to the shelter instead of giving them a warm place to sleep, food, and love until they can go to good homes of their own?

Over the last 3 years my sister and I have rescued over 15 kittens....I personally still see at least 10 of them regularly, all of which are fixed. Some of them I have even fixed myself before placing them out. The few times I have called the shelter they always say then have no room.

Now I am a HUGE animal fan, don't like killing in most any form, but I truly believe one of the shelters biggest problems is that they went to a no-kill facility. The need for homes is greatly overwhelmed by homes available and will remain that way until we can start getting more of these animals off the streets and indoors. Be it at the shelter or someone's home.

So what are we to do? You think "give-a-ways" are a big problem for the shelter but often they have no room for more animals. Again what are we to do?

Kirsten

kf5wd
12-23-2007, 05:02 PM
Bless you or anyone else who rescues animals. There are plenty out there that need rescuing. What we are talking about here is letting pets have litters and then giving them away. As long as there are more pets than there are good homes, why would anyone let their pet add to the problem?

"What are we to do"?
Don't let your pet have litters - that simple.

juniper
12-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Sorry but that is not true. It says Pet Adoptions

At the title of the catagory:
Pet Adoptions
Our furry friends who need a home. Shelter animals ONLY please!

sobersister
12-25-2007, 10:55 AM
Merry Christmas KF

Mr. Eureka has a loving home full of animals, all of which are spayed or neutered. These kittens he found young and very hungry because the mother abandoned them behind his property. He provided a safe and warm (heating pad) home until they were old enough to be adopted. One night he looked inside their heated igloo house only to find a baby armadillo staying warm between them. Mr. Eureka is a RESPONSIBLE pet owner, again, all his animals are spayed or neutered. What he did was provide a loving warm home and food until they were old enough for another responsible entity to enjoy.

kf5wd
12-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Some time ago I posted that I would like to start a cat rescue support group. As I remember I said "feral cat" but there are no doubt others like Mr. Eureka, Linda Winter and Bill Voiers who rescue cats/kittens other than ferals. I thought it might help to know you are not alone in your efforts to care for the homeless. I would like to hear from anyone interested in such a project.

Becky Davis
12-26-2007, 09:34 AM
You can start with supporting people who are trying to find homes for young kittens and feral cats, by asking them questions first and then jumping on them.

kf5wd
12-26-2007, 03:58 PM
It's hard to support people who are trying to give away unspayed pets, no matter how they came to have them or how good their intentions. It is a fact that most give-aways wind up either reproducing and or in irresponsible homes. The proper way to handle unwanted litters is to get on the waiting list to bring them to the shelter where they can be properly adopted.

Mr Eureka
12-26-2007, 10:20 PM
Let's hope you will have the mother spayed as soon as possible.
I would love to have her spayed. I have had all of my animals fixed with shots and visit to Dr. Pike. However' this cat never comes close enough for me to get to know and she out smarts the traps. Over the course of time I have spayed all cats that show up at my home. I also feed them and of course they bring friends. This is the first time I have ever had kittens! So, being a animal lover I made them a warm place to sleep with a heating blanket and only 3 of the kittens will let me hold them so I am trying to find them homes. I had some interest in them until they went to the shelter and got a better deal ( almost free with shots etc) maybe this is why are shelter is having money problems. So, I will call the shelter this week and see if they have room. I have been told that there is no room. So, I guess as always I will have them there shots and spayed and turn them lose. I can't tell you how many times I have done this because the shelter has no room. I never asked for any cats, they found me. however, I do have 5 indoor cats and they are better taking care of then any animal in Eureka. Thank you for you suggestions

Mr Eureka
12-26-2007, 10:38 PM
It's hard to support people who are trying to give away unspayed pets, no matter how they came to have them or how good their intentions. It is a fact that most give-aways wind up either reproducing and or in irresponsible homes. The proper way to handle unwanted litters is to get on the waiting list to bring them to the shelter where they can be properly adopted.

You are correct, however this is not my cat! Infact I do have many animals all of which are very well taking care of by me and my vet (Dr. Pike) When I moved here the first winter there were two cats that showed up at my house. They would not let me touch them! So, knowing its cold outside I took a dog house that I had and put it on the porch with a heating blanket. I later trap them took them to the vet and had there shots etc etc. They have gone on and there has been many other which I took care of the problem. This cat has been around for about two years never could get close enough to see the sex and she out smarts the trap. This the first time she has had kittens and brought them to me and now has left them for me. they arrived about the time for them to be wing. Mom cat has left that up to me. So, I would like to find them good homes. This would mean taking them to the vet etc etc or that is not a good home. I am sure are GOOD SHELTER HAS NO ROOM. They never do!!! However I will give them a try and I will let you know how it turns out. I had a good home for 2 of them but they got a better deal at the shelter almost free two cats spayed and shots and potty trained for $20.00. All cats I have done this for has always cost me at least $100.00. Maybe thats why are shelter is having money problem!!! I am a responsible person. Thank you for your concern

Mr Eureka
12-26-2007, 10:42 PM

You are so concern about something you know nothing about! however, if you would like to meet in person. I would love to explan myself to you, more ways than one. I would love to see how many animals you have and how many hours do you do at the shelter for free.

Mr Eureka
12-26-2007, 10:50 PM
You can start with supporting people who are trying to find homes for young kittens and feral cats, by asking them questions first and then jumping on them.

Thank you Ms Davis finally someone who has done there homework! Yes this is a cat that just shows up at my house from time to time. I of course feed her! She now has brought kittens to me to feed. I have been working with the kittens so I can take them and have them fixed. The Mother cat will not come close enough, and she out smarts the traps. She trust me enough to let me hold herkittens which I found to be very special. If I can't find them homes and the shelter does not take them. I will have them fixed. This not my first time to spend money on something that is not mine.

Mr Eureka
12-26-2007, 11:11 PM
Some time ago I posted that I would like to start a cat rescue support group. As I remember I said "feral cat" but there are no doubt others like Mr. Eureka, Linda Winter and Bill Voiers who rescue cats/kittens other than ferals. I thought it might help to know you are not alone in your efforts to care for the homeless. I would like to hear from anyone interested in such a project.

I must inform you that I take good care of my cats! infact I have fixed many cats that belong to someone else. They show up at my home so I would feed them of course and over time I was able to catch them and take them to my vet Dr. Pike. I take care of my animals better than most in Eureka. This cat is a feral cat that I have tried to get close to and even trap. She out smarts the trap and she will not come close enough for me grab. I am glad that you would like to start a rescue. Sometimes the money I have spent on unwanted cats showing up at my home and dogs I feel like I should open one. So, you know nothing about me. I happen to love animals more than people! I feed every animal that show up at my house. All of my pets are taking for shots etc etc to Dr. Pike I have actually taking dogs that have been hit by car to Dr. Pike and these animal were not mine however I took them full knowlege that it would cost money. Dr. Pike gets all of my business and never has charge me for the hurt animals I have found and brought to him. However, money did not matter to me the life of the animal was what is important. So, before you go jumping the gun hitting that key pad of yours you should know the person intentions So. fi your not happy with my replay as for as I am concern you can go f__k yourself till the cows come home. I

tizzy
12-27-2007, 08:52 AM
Two different stray cats came to my sister's house and had kittens. She's not heartless and took very good care of them until they all had homes (and even kept three of them herself). I thank Mr. Eureka and all others who have enough compassion to help.

Lamb Choppe
12-29-2007, 04:35 PM

That is very true. It's always better to ask questions before jumping on people without knowing the facts. With the shelter, etc, full all the time, it seems like it would be better to encourage people who spend their own money to care for these animals rather than to let them starve or be killed by predators or vehicles.

kf5wd
12-29-2007, 05:01 PM
"Mr. Eureka,
This thread is supposed to be for the use of animal rescue organizations, ie. Animal Shelters and Animal Control, not for giving away or selling animals. I hope you will insure that any female kittens you give away will be spayed so as not to reproduce to further add to the surplus."

This was my initial response to an ad for free kittens. There was no mention of them being spayed. Had there been my only response would have been that this was not the proper thread for the ad. I have watched people give away puppies and kittens for over twenty years now; very few of which were already spayed. Those that were not just added to already suffering and needless destruction of animals.
Again I am grateful for Mr. Eureka (and others) that care for the homeless responsibly. Unfortunately there are those who need help in helping strays. Don't forget the Shelter runs a Spay Clinic that can help in many cases.
_

12-30-2007, 10:01 AM
Very late last night in the cold, I was at a farm feeding farm cats when a little female half grown cat, declawed, jumped in to my car. After I got her out of the car and I went in to the house where the food was, she ran in to the house just as if she knew she lived there. I could not bear to leave her out there so she will be going to the shelter today. Maybe she escaped because of being in heat and got lost but with some of the big farm cats ready to gang up on her and it being so cold, it made up my mind. Maybe I was wrong since someone may be looking for her but if they are really wanting her back they will call around for her. This was in Berryville and the cat is black and white.

My point is that if we rescue and we don't spay, know for sure that the person we give them to is going to spay/neuter or get them to the shelter to get spayed, many times this is what happens. Many people don't seem to realize that they can have babies very early. Linda Winter