PDA

View Full Version : Miniature horse needs a home.

silvercreek
03-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Please help me find a loving home for a miniature horse. He has been gelded, approximately 5 years old, sorrel (light red in color). They can make very nice pets, would need to have another horse or animal as a companion, as they are a herd animal. They cannot be rode by anyone over 50 lbs. Can only be adopted by a loving person who has some knowledge of horses. Please email me at silvercrk@aol.com if you or someone you know would be interested. Thanks

jdelo
03-02-2008, 01:04 PM
crap, I live in the city limits, think a miniture horse counts as livestock? So sorry you must give it up. Good Luck! and goats sre good companions for horses, calming somehow to them.

silvercreek
03-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Horses are not allowed in the city limits. Sorry

jdelo
03-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Someone on this geekfest, i forget who right now, is looking for horses and/or mules I think. You'll get a good home, I just know it.
I was raised with Race horses and Quarter horses and I always wanted a "minature" horse and when I got my 1st farm, my Grandfather brought over a Shelton Pony one day and said" here is your Minature horse you wanted. He Had been at a sale and someone came in with 25 ponys and I think he must have been drinking or something because we were all riding Quarter Horses. This pony was lazy and mean and lived life as a pet until he died. Some how though, my Grandpa missed my point. But he was my favorite man in the whole world so it was Okay.

Funny how a word can bring along a flood of memories, Thanks

ESweekender
03-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Silvercreek, can he live out in the pasture with regular horses? If so, he's welcomed here. As long as he's not an escape artist or anything. We have 5 horses, a donkey and 2 mules, 34 acres. Some woods for shade, plenty of pasture and a great big pond. I just don't know a lot about them and not sure whether he'd be too small to be with the others.

silvercreek
03-09-2008, 03:53 PM
I have found him a home. I am very, very pleased and their little grandaughters will e too. ES Weekender, thank you so much for all your support.

ESweekender
03-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Not a problem Silvercreek. I was pleasantly surprised to get your email and find out you had found someone so close! Very happy for you and the little guy.

Becky Davis
03-11-2008, 05:32 PM
They are so cute. Is he one of the little tiny ones or a shetland?

jdelo
03-17-2008, 12:24 PM
If the new home you found for your minature horse does not work out, call Joe McClung, he already has 3 of them would probable help you out.