PDA

View Full Version : Needing washer repair or a good used one

Another Texan
03-08-2008, 04:43 AM
Our washer is having some issues, the basket is no longer spinning and it's making a horrible noise when it should be spinning and the agitator is no longer agitating, well not the clothes. Previous attempts to remove the agitator have resulted in a whole lot of curse words and frustration.

Sooooo I'm looking into either calling a washer repairman/woman or purchasing a reliable used one and sending this one to the recycle center or figuring out how to turn it into a peddle power model.

Anyway would any out there in Geekfestland share info on washer repair technicians including basic service call rates or maybe someone has a currently unused used washer needing a new home they would like to get rid of for a reasonably price.
TIA

chou
03-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Hello and here is my no kidding BEST appliance repair lead: Howard's Appliance Service out of Green Forest. His name is Gary Howard, he is older, plain, simple and shy but has never let me down. His service call fee used to be $35 for the trip and 1st hour last time I used him~~in 2007 I think. If he has to order and install a part the labor for that return trip is at No Charge.You can tell him your symptoms over the phone & he will probably ask you the make and model of your washer. (his # is (870 or 479 can't recall for Green Forest) 545-3583 . I met him repairing refrigerators, washers, and A/C's over at the Pre-owned Furniture store in Berryville and owner Terry Howerton rated him the BEST around! Hope this helps. Sincerely Marcia

jasons
03-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Their is a cupler between the motor and the transmission that caused my problem. It's 2 plastic piesces that have 3 legs with a rubber piece between them. the rubber gives out or the legs break off. This would do what you are describing.
Tilt the washer on an angle and remove the motor and you will find it.
they cost about 6 to 10 $. Allen appliance has them in Berryville.

Another Texan
03-09-2008, 10:35 AM
jasons ~ you are so much more than the Computer Repair Dude! Just got done removing the motor and found that one set of the 3 legged plastic thingys were broken. Thank you so much!

Marcia ~ thank you so much for the tip on appliance repair service. Looks like we don't need Gary's services this time but I'll keep the info for future reference.

Becky Davis
03-09-2008, 11:05 AM
That is great. Learn something new everyday. Isn't Geekfest great?

jasons
03-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Pay backs are hell.
I've replace this part on two machines now.
The new part is made from better stuff and should last much longer (life of the machine anyway).
Glad I was able to help.

Another Texan
03-11-2008, 04:55 AM
Installed the new and improved coupling and the machine works great! Again jasons thank you for sharing your knowledge.

PS the parts have gone up a bit, $16 plus change after taxes but hey that's okay.