PDA

View Full Version : Free Chiweenie Mix Puppies

moonchild12
03-20-2008, 06:10 AM
We have two female and one male, also an older female. They are pretty cute and small. My life has been too hectic to spend much time with these little guys, and they really need a good home. I know I should have gotten the mom fixed, but finances have been tight and dog food was more affordable. I tried to get them into the shelter, but they have a new rule about getting females fixed before you can bring them in. I am trying to feed a family of 6 on Jim's reduced winter paychecks and my little baby-sitting contributions, so my budget won't stretch that far. Anyway, the pups are black and brown and very sweet and playful; kid-friendly. Please feel free to call or stop by 253-8701. Thanks, Amy

Another Texan
03-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Pictures?

jdelo
03-20-2008, 02:13 PM
Good Luck with your home search and bless you for doing the best you could and now this that might be in the pups best interest now.
Think about getting pics up here, because pictues say a thousand words.
What is a Chiweenie pup anyway?

Becky Davis
03-21-2008, 06:32 PM
I know I know, but I can't spell it.

JrtLover
03-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Chihuahua and Dachshunds

Becky Davis
03-21-2008, 08:08 PM
smarty britches.

JrtLover
03-21-2008, 10:02 PM
Neener neener neener

Sarah Moore
03-22-2008, 09:26 AM
If someone is giving the mother and puppies up, the mother does not have to be fixed before she comes into the shelter. If the pet owner is keeping the mother, she does have to be fixed before we can accept the puppies. This policy was developed to work with pet owners to prevent multiple litters of unwanted puppies and kittens from the same person.

Based on the description of your financial situation, it sounds as though you would qualify for the spay assistance program at the animal shelter if you live in Carroll County. Your cost for spaying a female that size would be $35. I am assuming the female is either a daschund or chihuahua size. Think of it this way, it is a lot less hassle and a lot less expensive than food and veterinary care for a litter of puppies, then having to go through the same thing again in just a few short months.

jdelo
03-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Guess I could have figureed that out, I did think the weener dog stuff. At least they will be small. Good Luck w/ finding homes and get that mamma spayed, so much better for everyone

Thanks Sue