PDA

View Full Version : Golden Ret. picked up

jdelo
04-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Lauren picked up a Large, male, red, old Golden Retrieve. He has a gray muzzle, and was wet and cold and tired. I found him at the Roadway Inn on 62 east when I came to work this morning.
He had a collar but no tags and no id chip.
His teeth comfirmed older age and hope he hadn't been running lose long, but he has ticks, and was very tired and cold and wet.

Call Lauren at 479-253-9188 GSHS or cell at 479-981-0765.

jdelo
04-14-2008, 09:45 PM
To date, no one has come forward for this guy, Lauren thought maybe she knew owners but has been unable to get them. They, owners, lost him last year too and didn't look bacause they thought he had gone off to die. He didn't, if this is same dog.
He is partially blind, but is cage and house broken, goes when he is out on a leash and is beginning to eat better now, he was very depressed in the kennel. The 15th will be his 5th day and he will be ready for a new home if anyone can be kind enough to let this old guy finish out his life with someone who can care and love him and spend some time with him, helping him to adjust to new surroundings, due to incomplete eyesight.
We all need someone, and he for sure does, Help if you can.
Call Lauren at numbers in post above for more info. He is being fostered at her house right now.

04-17-2008, 03:51 PM
This dog was lost and found again. Someone called from H.I. and was very concerned about him. He can hardly walk because of arthritis. Even though he can't see and hear very well and he is 16 years old, he is quite the escape artist. In the last few days, he was spotted all over H.I. and finally laid down on someone's porch on Blue Water Drive. I just want to advise everyone that if you see an old 16 year old Golden Mix, his name is Bowzer. I am not sure where he lives but watch for him and you can call Linda Winter or Sheila Sullivan at 870 423 2758 and we will be sure he gets home again. He is a sweet old fella.

Linda

jdelo
04-17-2008, 07:41 PM
I am a bit confused, 1954. We are not talking about the same dog, i do not think. I came here to post that Stormy, the dog I found at the Roadway Inn last week, was reunited with his owner today and they live in Eureka, not H.I.

So, I think there are 2 dogs now, One is at home tonight, seems maybe another is running around H.I.
So, if you see one out there, do what she says, because the other one is at home, we hope in Eureka.

04-18-2008, 08:36 AM
Now I am confused! The one I got the owner says is named Bowzer.....the one with bad arthritis, 16 years old, etc. He is home now. But according to animal control, it is the same dog, so I don't know, there must have been actually two old Goldens that were lost and found. Linda

04-18-2008, 08:59 AM
When I said if anyone sees that old dog running around, please let us know so we can get him home again, I just meant that IN CASE he gets out again and he seems to be doing over and over. L.

jdelo
04-18-2008, 09:08 AM
yep, I think there are, or were 2 old goldens, out and about. But, the important thing is they are both home now. So we hope for the best, that they stay there. The end, for me.