PDA

View Full Version : two puppies need a home

kitty
05-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Two Eureka animal control puppies hold period is up and they are up for adoption. They are both males. One looks to be about seven months old and is a male German shepherd that is brown and black in color. The other is a male that looks to be about five months old and is black and white in color. I am not sure what breed he is, but he is very cute and has flopped over ears and a nub tail. They both do very well with other dogs and have done great with my daughter. For more information, please call Lauren 981-0765.

kitty
05-06-2008, 02:14 PM
The German Shepherd Puppy had to be euthanized yesterday morning. Sunday he began walking like he could not see and in the evening he had a seizure. I called the vet who felt it was okay to wait until morning to see him and then he had another seizure on the way to the vet and a thrid while waiting to be seen. The vet felt that there was some tumor or other neurological problem to be causing this problem in a puppy so young.

However the black and white terrier mix looking dog still needs to find a loving forever home.

jdelo
05-07-2008, 01:35 AM
Oh, how sad for the little guy, any more info on what could have caused such an action after 5 days of observation with you? Where the pups found together or just coinsidense that you had them at the same time?
No matter what , Thank you for you and what you do and for the update.
Can you post a picture of one waiting for home, worth a thousand words sometimes.

kitty
05-09-2008, 12:36 PM
No they were not found together, just on the same day. It is hard for me when they are at the police station because I go by there twice a day but I am not there all day to watch and observe. I can tell you that he was eating and drinking well and that his stool looked normal. I also walk the dogs that are at the police station for exercise and although he did not appear leash trained I saw no other issue, other than him being resistant to the leash. However I noticed with him being at my house his seizures appeared to be happening in the early morning and the late evening, so it is possible that I was just missing the times that he was having them while he was at the pd. When their hold period is over and they are at my house I can check on them regularly, and they get much more attention, but it is not the ideal place for them to be if an owner is going to come after them because they must pay their impound fees and any other fees that might apply at the police station.

jdelo
05-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Do still have the black pup, and does he appear to be well?
It is not a perfect situation but I know you work hard to get it all done as best you can. Do not think this is any of your fault, he was just a sick little guy and probably why he was out running lose to begin with. As many as you see, I know it does not get any easier to understand what others do, and deal with abuse and sickness. Just hang in there, You do a good job. We appreciate what you do.