PDA

View Full Version : Friends, Stangers and Eureka Springs

dajones29
05-29-2008, 04:50 PM
I can not even come close to expressing how grateful I am for the wonderful people here in Eureka Springs as I close out my store. The support has been amazing and I am in awe of the way everyone has pulled together to help me.

Jan Delozier and Laura Barker have been so wonderful to me and I couldn't have gotten where I am at this moment without their support and help. We have had a lot of sales...and there is still a lot more stuff to sell.

Jan worked tirelessly today, as we unloaded some clothing racks I sold and reworked the store...it looks great! And she did an awesome job.

Thanks to Richard Kline for taking care of my doggies yard...you are so great!

Thank you everyone! I had no idea that so many people thought so much me of me...and I hope you know that I feel the same about you.

Debbie Jones

PMilam
05-29-2008, 09:58 PM
I am sorry to see you go. I barely got to know you.
Wish I could have been more help to you, and I'm grateful for those that have been able to help.

It's bittersweet, when you are leaving a place.. you do find out how many people that you have touched, and that care about you. Where every you go, you have this knowledge. There is a warm delightful pool to jump back into, if you want to come back.

I will do my dangedest to get out there, before you go.

Best wishes and Blessings for a wonderful new adventure, filled with loving people and exciting work to do... but not so's that you won't come back here!

xo
Patt

shuggie
05-30-2008, 11:18 AM
So long........

dajones29
06-02-2008, 11:44 AM
So long........

Thank you for the heartfelt wishes Shuggie

Patt,

I am feeling very sad about leaving. But I think once I get it done, that will be replaced by more excitement. It feels like I am in a holding pattern right now, so I went there last weekend to just get away and I'll be damned if I didn't come home and round the corner yeterday by Myrtie Mae's only to be confronted with Del and the other woman...it is hurtful that he could care so little about my feelings that he can't even wait until I move before he starts parading woman at all the places we used to go to.

I suppose the hurt will go away in time. It is difficult for me because I trusted him more than I have ever trusted anyone. And even today...I love the stupid jerk. But I deserve better...and I know it.

Thanks for the support everyone. Better get to work.

eurekamom23
06-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Deb-My dad is exactly the same. He has one in every city, half of them know about each other. Yet, he calls my mom daily, whom he was married to for 36 years, and tells her how much he wants her back. She won't have anything to do with him. I figured out his email password, and you would be surprised how many he can sleep with in one week. Hes a member of www.sugardaddyforyou.com. Check that out, its crazy out there. If any one of the women he was with have something, then about 20 a month are gonna get it too. Its digusting, you can do way better. You are a beautiful woman, friendly, and everything else a man should want. You will find someone in no time at all, and hopefully the right one this time. Good Luck!!

dajones29
06-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Eureka Mom...Thank you for your post. I appreciate it so much. I decided to edit my post. I am so hurt by his behavior, yet I am only adding to it. I can't change what he did. Or what I did. I gotta let this go.

He isn't worth it.

But I am.

PMilam
06-02-2008, 11:03 PM
There you go!! That is straight up the truth.. he ain't worth it.. you are!

dajones29
06-03-2008, 07:46 AM
I knew I could come here and get support! You guys are awesome.

I feel like I am in a holding pattern. Can't go back and with the ties to the store, I can not really move forward. I keep telling myself it is less than a month a way that I will be able to begin again...but time is going slowly.

Helen Keller says: Dare to imagine you can have a different life.

Telling myself over and over...thanks for reminding me, and supporting me...what great friends I have.

Better get my day started...will be calling my sis, I know she won't know anything for a week or so and I will be going to see her in a few weeks...she is having a baby shower for her daughter in law. I will be able to hug her then.

In the meantime...things to do, places to go...people who love me. I have it all don't I?

And Del has nothing....a part time family out of state. Part time friends here, there and everywhere. Part time lovers here, there and everywhere. No ties, no commitments no love. I feel sorry for him, but those are his choices. And he'll have to deal with them. He doesn't deserve one more minute of my time.

Thanks everyone for caring about me! Your the greatest.

eurekamom23
06-03-2008, 08:45 AM
You are absolutely right Deb, and you will end up so happy in the future. He will end up miserable. Living a life of lies takes a toll on a person mentally and physically. They get to where they can't keep their lies straight, and they end up with NOONE. They can't be trusted, and eventually run out of people to lie too. After you get all settled in at a new place, and get over all the memories of him, I bet you will feel like a new Lady!! Good Luck Agian!! I had a year like yours in 2007. Lost my brother, my mom was sick, my dad, well he isn't a dad. I left a boyfriend that had cheated on me several times, and I moved back to Berryville. Its 2008, my mom is better, can't say ANY THING for dad, and I am with the man of my dreams. Never thought that I would ever meet anyone that I could truely love and trust but I did. I always say, that Once I got to the bottom of the barrell of life, there was no place to go but back to the top!! So, head back to the top!!! Good Luck!!!

jdelo
06-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Just want to say, that i Love you Deb and we will get thru this, together!

As i found out that my beloved turned to others, Debbie and I came together in mutual pain and dismay and as I am helping her, she is helping me and together we are accomplishing great things. and for me healing and financial support that i desperetly needed and for her. help with her store closing and I shoulder to cry on.
A win-win in my book and during the months of tragedy for me has come healing and new beginnings and a new peace and contentment in my life.

Thank You Debbie, for you and your lavish compliments. It is an honer to be with you through this difficult time, see you 10am Wed.

dajones29
06-04-2008, 08:20 AM
More angels to thank!

Janet Farthing. She is a fabulous person who spent hours with me yesterday and helped to pull me out of the funk I was in. She is openiing up a resale shop downtown called Love Me Two Times...please support this wonderful human being.

Carol Peacock...sat with her at breakfast this morning. She has been a long time customer of my store...but I never took the time to get to know her. And what did I find out? She and I have so much in common! I am asking myself why in the world did I not take the time to build a life here for myself...instead of wrapping my life around Del...what a fool I have been. Because in that foolishness I missed getting to know some really wonderful people.

Susan Chamberlain made a special trip to see me and give me some answers and insights into my sisters Hepatitis diagnosis....you are very special Susan.

And my friend from South Africa...Chris. Every day I wake up to a wonderful, fun and supportive email from him...I wish you lived here in the states...I sense a great friendship in you.

Helen Keller says...dare to imagine you can have a different life.

I'm trying...
Smile everyone...Debbie

dajones29
06-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Audrey thank you for helping me find my new home...Angel's Haven couldn't be more perfect for me and my kids!

DaBee
06-04-2008, 09:50 PM
You are balancing, Debbie. It is good to see.

dajones29
06-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Thanks Debbie...Sometimes being an emotional person with a huge heart can really get you down... but you know what? I can't imagine ever being a person who doesn't feel anything...

Onward and upward...here I go.

Debbie

DaBee
06-05-2008, 06:10 AM
Since you are getting a new place to live, does this mean that you will be moving the business eventually? There's plenty of resale shops in B'ville, so my suggestion is to stay in Eureka. Sounds like a cool new place to live....doggies will love it, huh?

dajones29
06-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Dabee,

I am only signing a 6 months lease on my new place...Audrey said the property was called Angel's Haven...so I may never want to leave. By doing that I thought I would have the opportunity to take a break from living on the highway and take some time to repair my mind, head and heart. At the end of the year I will have a better idea of what is best for me, but I love Eureka Springs. My store fits well there and I love it.

So no I don't plan on moving the store. The rent on the building is so good and I have done so much work on the building, it doesn't make sense to uproot it. I knew I couldn't move it to Branson and going back to my hometown in Illinois just doesn't feel right.

So you all are stuck with me! I will not be so far away that I can't enjoy what Eureka has to offer and will be making more of an effort to come out of my shell and participate in it's beauty. I just feel so betrayed by Del that I can't imagine sitting there watching him go by day after day...running into him at the grocery store, where I tan...even where I eat daily. BV will give me a peaceful retreat away from that and give me the time to heal the damage he has done to my heart and to my core belief in the goodness of others.

Some people don't understand someone like me. When I give my heart...I give it completely. I offer all my trust into a relationship. Del knew that about me. And his behavior damaged some of my really core beliefs...I just need a break from it, so that I can put my life back together and go from there.

I just need some relief from running into him and the woman he has chosen to spend time with. Someone whom I feel doesn't hold a candle to the wonderful person I am. But even with that my heart goes out to her. If she chooses to believe she is the only one she will get hurt. I hope she will listen and be smart...so that she doesn't get blindsided like I did. I know more about him than what she does. I took the time to peel the layers and find the real Del. I know what has caused this crisis for him and why he is behaving as he is. I had 6 years with this man. She has only had a couple of months. She doesn't really know anything. And sadly...she never will.

Gotta open the store...talk to you soon.
Debbie

dajones29
06-10-2008, 10:11 PM
Just thought I would take a moment and update everyone on my progress. My new place will be available to move into very soon...and Denise and Rita and the girls delivered to me a beautiful and perfect hideabed (and matching chair)... Richard Kline who is going to help me move my home to my beautiful, peaceful oasis! A great lunch at Devito's with my geekfest friends...and

I have had a great time over the last week...the highlight being laughing my ass off while I beat my friend Cyndi in a go cart race! I can't remember laughing so much! Had an equally good time playing skeet ball...took home some silly treasures and kinda felt like a kid again!

Then we went yard sale-ing (got a lot of great stuff for the store) and finished our day at the Agri day in Green Forest, where not only did we have a great lunch I saw many people I knew there (I used to live there) and got to enjoy some great music.

I have had several great conversations with customers and friends...and feel pretty darn good!

All because I opened myself up the the wonderful community I live in.

Bless you all.

Debbie

PMilam
06-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Reading this has made my day! I'm so glad that you decided to stay.. I can just see your smiling face, across the table from me..

hurrrraaahhhhhh!!

dajones29
06-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Reading this has made my day! I'm so glad that you decided to stay.. I can just see your smiling face, across the table from me..

hurrrraaahhhhhh!!

I enjoyed talking and seeing your smiling face to Ms Patt!

Everyone made me feel so welcome. Thanks bunches!