PDA

View Full Version : Absorb THIS!

Jeannie Jones
05-30-2008, 09:02 PM
Nafalia's on the phone and she's ready to roll. Her words follow:

I'm going to give you just briefly news of what is happening with my body. I'm not going into great detail so it's easier to absorb.

Due to the surgery of January 31, I just found out last week that since then my body no longer has the ability to absorb the nutritional value of food. It's sort of like slowly starving because the body's being compromised due to this issue.

The doc has me drinking 6 bottles of Boost a day, and due to the calories in the Boost, I am at least able to maintain the weight that I was at, that being 115.

Boost is very expensive. A 12-pack lasts me 2 days, and the cost is about $16.

I got help with the cost of the Boost through an agency here, and they will purchase it and bring it to me, plus supply me with 4 cab vouchers per month.

At this time, the symptoms are...I get very shaky inside and feel weak, and that's why so much Boost is needed. (Boost is a high-protein supplement in a small bottle that you drink, and it has a very good flavor to it.)

Outward manifestation that I am experiencing at this point is: my hair is falling out! I'll see a dermatologist June 11, and he will take care of the hair and we will see what he is going to do to keep my skin from breaking down. On that day also they're going to do a blood test to see if my liver is functioning okay.

The major problem is not really the outward manifestations at this point, but what's happening to the remaining organs of my depleted body!
:deadhorse:

We'll leave it at this point so as to not make it too long and drawn out, but if you have a little spark of energy to spare, please send it my way. I could suuuuure use it! :fried:

We'll keep you posted as the phases and stages of cancer and cancer after-effects continue. One of my favorite sayings, and one of the things I've come to understand, "Life is just full of trade-offs".

Love you much,

Nafalia

DaBee
05-30-2008, 09:11 PM
Here's you a spark, NancyNafalia.
Now, would you mind sharing a bit of the "trade-off" wisdom?
I get wafts of it from time to time, but point me in the right direction, ok?
Let me know when you need another spark or 2!
Love you and keeping you in my thoughts and focus of healing light.
deb

Jeannie Jones
05-30-2008, 09:27 PM
Nafalia's response, DaBee:

Oh, Deb, as soon as I find the right direction I'll be happy to share, but at this point I've been getting the short end of the trade-offs! :surrender:

I appreciate that spark of energy! It was what I needed to get up and go to the refrigerator and get a drink of Gatorade. That was badly needed!

Love,

Nafalia

Becky Davis
05-30-2008, 09:52 PM
Nafalia, can you take vitamin injections? I am trying to muster the energy for ya gal. Actually, I feel pretty good today, so fire away.

Jeannie Jones
05-31-2008, 07:45 PM
Reply from Ms. Nafalia:

Yes, Becky, I take a B-12 injection once a week that my neurologist prescribed. I did take it once every 10 days to 2 weeks until he found out about this latest surgery, and kicked it up to once a week. My primary care physician said that the reason that that was done was that B-12 is the one that helps you absorb, so I give myself a shot every week.

I'll sure take any little bit of energy I can get, and be happy to return it tenfold once I'm able to. Right now, I'm just doing the best I can do and drinking Boost. Today I've had quite a bit to eat (at least for me) so hopefully my body will absorb some of the food I took in today.

Other than that, all is well and I'm still giving it the old college try. :cheerleader:

As above, so below,

Nafalia

PMilam
06-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Oh Baby, oh Baby.. so sad to hear that you are not feeling wonderful!

A boost just sent... and I'll light a candle.. it will remind me to keep sending.

Craigs dad drank Insure.. not sure of the differences. I'm grateful that you have sensitive and quick to respond medical... and financial help.

More ... love

PMilam
06-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Did your doc recommend the Gatorade?
Just wondering about the salts and all... I really don't know.. and Craig is out mowing.. yep.. wet and dark.. the man loves his tractor!

mtnviewsteve
06-02-2008, 07:53 PM
~Sending the Very Strongest Healing LiGhT Possible~And Then Sending LiGhT from A Special Secret Circle To Bless, Cleanse And Lift You~In Love Always~Nafalia~~YOU Are With US Always~
~So Mote It Be~

Jeannie Jones
06-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Nafalia's on the phone and her words follow:

Yes, Patt, my doctor did recommend the Gatorade. I always have a bottle with me when I go to his office. I have to make it half water, half Gatorade, because it's too strong for me otherwise.

My doctor seems to prefer the Boost over the others, for some reason. My friend and I were figuring up yesterday, with my food intake and my Boost intake I'm taking in about 5,000 calories a day, so I can maintain my 115 lbs. Some days are good, some days are not so good.

I wake up each morning and the first thought I have each day, is "This is MY day, and no matter what confronts me I will not allow it to be taken away".

Monday I see my neurologist for the first time since before the 2nd cancer and surgery, and then next Wednesday I see the dermatologist, then on that same day I will drop by the lab so they can draw blood to check on my liver.

All I know is they have told me to eat high calorie foods so that I won't lose weight, and, I guess everyone is just waiting and thinking that my body will kick in and start absorbing again. I'm still losing my hair, but all in all...I'm still here!

Love and light,

Nafalia

Jeannie Jones
06-03-2008, 08:15 PM
~Sending the Very Strongest Healing LiGhT Possible~And Then Sending LiGhT from A Special Secret Circle To Bless, Cleanse And Lift You~In Love Always~Nafalia~~YOU Are With US Always~
~So Mote It Be~

Nafalia's answer follows, and I quote:

Hi, Steve! Glad you're back online! Thanks for the circle. At night before I go to sleep, I seem to travel into a crystal, where I fall asleep. In there, I think I am perhaps rejuvenated for the next day.

Will continue to work on letting the body heal itself, and just follow the yellow brick road as far as I can go.

Hope all is well with you and Maletha, and that being off work isn't driivng you crazy (HAH!). Perhaps you can just look at it as early retirement, and just sit on the porch and watch the crows (and crones).

Love always,

Nafalia

Jeannie Jones
06-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Nafalia speaks:

My dear friend Jerry (the truck driver) made it into town, and as he said he would do, he brought his wonderful red Corvette. We took a spin and then ended up in the Red Lobster for dinner. We had a wonderful evening and he brought me home and he headed out, because he had to stop by and see his grandson and then go home and get prepared as he left out on the road again this morning.

Jerry will be switching trucking companies to a better trucking line than he's with now in about 2 weeks, so I told him I would take him out to dinner to the Road House to celebrate his event in his life. So that is our next venture out when he comes back in. I guess that won't be a Red Knight Night, that'll be a Jerry's Night.

I am very fortunate to have someone who is close at hand to share time with.

That's all for tonight, folks!

Love,

Nafalia

DaBee
06-03-2008, 08:42 PM
It makes me so happy that you have Jerry in your life, NN.
love and light,
deb

PMilam
06-04-2008, 09:57 AM
It is a great Blessing to have a Red Knight for a friend!

I keep thinking of you... sending light as best I can. I'm praying that you will be healthy and able to just play for a while!

love, light and yum.. a high calorie diet,
Patt

Jeannie Jones
06-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Ms. Nafalia's on the phone...her words follow:

Well Deb, I have to admit...I'm glad I have Jerry in my life because he has been such a wonderful gift and a true friend that's a pleasure to spend time with when he has the time.

He's been through so much with me and this cancer thing, and no matter what is happening with my health, he always says, "Well, WE've just got to get this taken care of and get through it!" :whitehorse:

Love much,

Nafalia

Jeannie Jones
06-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Reply to Patt from Nafalia:

Hi Patt, I would love to be able to just have fun for a while! It would be such a luxury for me!

The high-calorie diet is good, but I find so much of what I am having to take in to be very rich (for me) after all this time of having to eat so sparsely that at times it's almost nauseating! :oy:

Yes, my Red Knight I know was sent to me as a universal gift, and I do so appreciate him. I'm a lucky girl!

I will keep absorbing all that wonderful energy, light and love sent my way and the next time that I have fun it will be posted in big red caps!

As above, so below,

Nafalia

artteacher
06-24-2008, 11:51 PM
:happyheart:Nafalia,,,,This post is brimming over with only the very brightest tator tot light,,,,,It is all focused on you!,,,,It is also filled overflowing with kabillions of tons of love,,,,:happyheart:

Jeannie Jones
06-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Reply from Nafalia:

Oh, Artteacher, I will take all the tater tot light and definitely absorb all the love. The problem seems to be getting less and less, and I am down to 1 or 2 Boosts a day, eating more, but still at times that feeling comes over me that I haven't eaten in years. My doc says it's just part of the cancer thing and will go away when I've been able to gain some weight and have more time to heal.

As above, so below,

Nafalia

artteacher
06-25-2008, 10:33 PM
Your doc is right, sweet Nafalia,,,,,It will go away,,,;),,,My father-in-law had his stomach totally removed from cancer and went through something very similar,,,,LIGHT, LIGHT, LIGHT YOUR WAY!!!!!!!:happyheart:

Jeannie Jones
06-27-2008, 07:56 PM
Message from Nafalia:

About 3 days ago I noticed a very sore spot that had a little lump in it, in the armpit area right at the edge of the left breast. At first I thought I had pulled a muscle in some way. So yesterday all day I stayed in the bed and kept my arm immobilized, thinking that would take care of the problem.

This morning I woke up and a couple of new things had occurred. I now found another sore spot up under my armpit on the left side and a sore spot up under my right armpit.

After having so many problems with cancer in such a short time, I knew it was time to do something, so I called the doctor and explained to the nurse what was going on. Making this brief, I'll just say the doctor told me to be there at 2:00 today.

He examined the areas and found more sore spots. A few that he touched brought me up off the exam table. Then he told me "I believe it's time for you to return to your oncologist, Dr. Hoos, as it appears the cancer has returned, but we need to get you over to him so he can verify what appears to be taking place".

I can't say that I was surprised to hear this, because for the last 2-3 weeks I've been growing weaker and tireder, and a lot of times my body just aches all over.

Don't want to say too much at this point, to make this long and drawn out, but will have more news next week most likely, after I have revisited my oncologist.

We will leave it here for now, and I will keep you informed as things go along. So once again, I guess it's time for me to ask for your Light and Love. Sure getting tired of fighting this cancer thing.

As above, so below,

Nafalia

PS: The good news here is that I had managed to get my weight up to 120, and as the doc says, that gives me a little something to fall back on.

mtnviewsteve
06-27-2008, 08:59 PM
~Have never stopped sending my strongest Pure White Healing LiGhT Dear Nafalia as you battle this Dragon~LiGhTiNg candle of Crystal White to send Comfort & Support ~
~Blessings Sweet Spirit Friend~

celeste
06-27-2008, 11:34 PM
I am sorry to hear of Nafalia's setback & hope health & wellbeing are soon restored.

PMilam
06-28-2008, 09:59 AM
Oh, Girlfriend.. I'm so sorry to hear this.
It's such a weird place to find ourselves.. in a battle we never wanted to fight. It's horrifying to find new pains.. new lumps.

I pray that this is just a fluke, they will fade back into nothingness. I pray that you have the Calm Angel to rest by your side, keeping you peaceful. I pray that this be over and done and behind you very soon.

with love,
Patt

Lamb Choppe
06-28-2008, 10:14 AM
Stay strong, Nafalia. As a fellow cancer survivor, it is possible that this is not cancer, since the little nodes hurt. It may just be an infection of some type involving some lymph nodes.

I know its hard (been there, done that) but try to keep your thoughts focused positively and optimistically. I really do think that illness is very much affected by our state of mind.

Take care and think positive thoughts!

LC