PDA

View Full Version : female, blond lab needs home

jdelo
06-13-2008, 05:08 PM
This sweetie pie dog needs a home, she is a full blooded brlond lab, female spayed, she was here a month ago and new home can't keep her now, due to some personal issues, so she is back in custody, so to speak. They mentioned when they brought her home, that she is skittish of some folks and runs and hides, so she needs a patient home and lots of love.

Folks, I have 6 dogs in custody, 5 at the pd kennels and one with me, 3 dogs are housed together and that is too many. I will not be able to help out with any dogs brought to me, until, I, or with help from all you guys, to talk the dogs up so folks will know what is out there, or some foster help, which I need badly, until I move in July.
I would appreciate any help we can get, including old collars, or leashes or blankets, just take to the pd in Eureka is you have ay to spare., Thanks Jan
New phone number is -417-310-3032

celeste
06-14-2008, 12:10 AM
Jan, Tracellen gets LOTS of blankets & towels at GSHS Thrift Store, just ask for a bag or so once every ten days for the rescues. I just dropped off a box to Dr. Pike's today, or I'd have some to spare for your immediate, pressing needs.

kitty
06-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Tracellen will not have any to spare blankets because all of those donated blankets go to GSHS since that is our thrift store. Good Shepherds washing machine is broken and we do not have any laundry to spare.

queenie
06-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Jan,
You might want to call up either the Purple house or the Wildflower thrift shops here in town about your need of extra blankets, sheets etc. Plus there is the St. Vincent de Paul thrift store going to towards Berryville.
The individuals in charge at all three places are very sweet and I am sure would be more then willing to help you out. It would be extremely hard for us to give out our excess, due to the shelter needs everything we give them. We can never give them enough on a daily basis it seems. So give me a call and I will get you the names and numbers of the three I mentioned and that should get you what you need.
Tracellen

jdelo
06-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks, for all the info, and I can only imagine how much stuff it takes to take care of all the dogs and kitties at the shelter. When Buddy died i donated a bunch to Dr. Pike and ran my supply down, and who knew I was going to be doing this great job now for the doggies? The universe will provide, as it has so far.

Celeste, my number is 417-310-2555 if you want to call and let me know when and where to pick up any extras you may have, Thank You.

jdelo
07-02-2008, 11:56 AM
all dogs in my custody have all found forever homes, as of 7-2-08

Thanks to everyone for good advice and help!