PDA

View Full Version : Chihuahua in custody, need home

jdelo
06-22-2008, 01:34 PM
A very cute, young, less than a year maybe, small black and white chihuahua is in my custody and in foster home as too small to put in Kennels at Pd. She is female, and very clean, and good natured, no tick or fleas and is loving life with a big ole Golden-Doole to play with.
Today is her 4th day in custody and Monday can be adopted, and is cute or cuter than a bug, eating well and healthy and happy by all appearances..
Is kennel trained and needs a forever loving home, she has the cutest pug face one ever saw.

She needs someone, can you help her?

Please do not respond here, call me at 41-310-2555 or 417-310-3032 to see and meet. No collar or leash or tags or chip were with her, so bring something along, if you can give her a new and loving home. She may need a baby tooth removed as it is still in her mouth and will crowd new grown up teeth as she grows. I guess she is about 4 or 5 lbs now.

diguertin
06-23-2008, 05:21 PM
This puppy is not only adorable but smart as a whip. She quickly learned how to use the doggie door. She is great in the dog crate and will go right to sleep as soon as she goes in. She loves to look out the window or sit on the front porch. She will get into mischief if left to her own devices for very long. I have kenneled her when I couldn't watch her and she is good as gold. Will need more work on housetraining which shouldn't be a problem since she is great in her "bed".

I'm having trouble figuring out how to post her photo but will keep on trying. She will make someone a great pet.

diguertin
06-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Click her to see a picture of the "Baby Girl". She played hard and just settled down for a little nap on the nearest pillow.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=9a1zjq&s

diguertin
06-23-2008, 05:33 PM
still not getting it!!!!!!

ladysankofa
06-24-2008, 08:15 AM
would love to see pics of that little dog~

diguertin
06-24-2008, 07:13 PM
She got a home this morning - I've got really cute pics - just couldn't figure out how to get them on here.

ladysankofa
06-25-2008, 07:16 AM
Oh, I'm glad she's found a home! I was really tempted, but am not in a position to be adopting any animals right now... wish I could!! There are so many who need our help and good homes!

jdelo
07-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Thanks, Dorothy for fostering this cutie, and to you lasdysankofa for your interest. Keep checking the site for more adoptables.
I have been at my job as ACO for our beautiful Eureka and have had 12 dogs in custody for the month of June, and only two were owner retrieved, and now as of July 2, all 10 of them have golld and loving forever homes, and I have no fosters or anyothers in cutody right now.
Please spay and neuter your pets, and have them Id chipped ($20.00 at GSHS and you don't need an appointment) and we will have more win-win endings for these lost pets.

Sincerely, Jan

jdelo
07-25-2008, 06:09 PM
so heartbreaking to hear, and worse to say and I will use this cutie to teach some folks some things, hopefully.
If you have 2 or more dogs, you will create a "PACK" of dogs that may or may not be predictable all the time, esp with the intro of a new pack member. Never assume you know a new dog, until you have had it a while, and have observed it in many situations.
A person unnamed, adopted this adorable "BabY Girl", as well as the Border Collie I have in custody today, still and again. They already had some big dogs on their property and live out in the coutry so to speak and they run around, she added Wolfie, and a week later, adopted the chihuahua. In the course of a few weeks, the little dog, 3 lbs was let out, unobserved and let to run with the big dogs, and was found dead, be the family with puncture wounds. This happened after a kitten had been killed by the dogs playing tug-or war with it, and another rescued from them.
Wolfie got the blame, and was returned to me. He was returned sick, dirty, and un-neutered as the adopter was to do, conditions of the adoption and I offered to pay 1/2 of the $40. chg. He had ticks, and fleas again.
I have "Wolfie" hoem with me, and he live in the house with a 4 lb chihuahua and is not a bit aggresive to it, except when the chihuahua goes after Wolfie, because the chihuahua has no clue that he is small, very small.

This tragedy could have easily been avoided, with proper supervision of the dogs, and possible neutering of the Border Collie. Male Hormones do not have much sence in a dog.

So Please, learn from this tragedy, and do not assume you can predict a new dog in your home for quite awhile, esp. if it has abeen added to other mor established dogs,
Remember, 2 or more, will and can create a "PACK" mentality with all of them, despite your prev. knowledge of them.

Thanks for listening, and let's avaid this from happening again, wiht education and proper training. Dogs left on their own for long periods of time, like a backyard dog, will get bored and find something to do, and it is seldom a good thing.