PDA

View Full Version : Homes, Homes, Homes

jdelo
07-02-2008, 01:16 PM
As one month into my job and passion, as ACO of Eureka Springs, all the dogs I picked up in June, all 12 or 13 of them, and the foster I have had for 2 months, ALL HAVE GREAT AND LOVING FOREVER HOMES!
None are custody at this time, and none are in foster care.
I must Thank all the beautiful and compassionate folks have taken these lost and abused dogs into their homes and heart.
I am blessed to have this job, and they are blessed to have a pet who needed them very badly
Please, I can never say it enough, have your pets spayed and neutered and
ID chipped, as collars and tags can fall off and a chip cannot and it is about a 100% recovery rate to reunite a lost pet with it's owner quickly if it gets lost, with a $20.00 chip at the Good Shepard Humane Society or your local vet, and it is quick and easy, no appt need at GSHS. My Golden, bless her soul, had one for 14 yrs and it worked that long. I had it checked every year.
It is also very important to notify your vet or the chip retrieval co, of any new phone number or address, because old useless info will hender the recovery of your beloved pet. It is great for cats or dogs, esp cats that jump in boats or others cars.
I must Thank the GSHS doggie shop, and Tracellen for donations and support.
Wild Flower for donations of blankets for the dog houses, and all those others that have helped in many different ways. There has been a donation of dog food at the city Kennels and if any one wants to help, I need Epsoon salts to keep in the Kennels to keep fleas and ticks away from them, and any old collars and leashes you may not need anymore.
Thanks, again, from Jan, loving my job lady!

island2some
07-04-2008, 09:19 AM
We will get Jazz chipped next week.

I am soooo happy you are in this position!
You make my heart sing with joy!

From now on, in my mind and heart you will be the St. Francis of Assisi of Eureka Springs!
(St. Francis is the patron saint for the animals!)

island2some
07-15-2008, 08:41 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/xe0co8.jpg

Jan..she is doing great, and has found a lasting relationship with our Great Pyrennes, Cloud. They run around together all day long, and sleep together at night. One is never far from the other.

Thank you, again!

kf5wd
07-16-2008, 08:59 AM
This is really great news. Keep up the good work Jan.

jdelo
07-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Oh, how sweet of you and great to see Jazz again. When she came out to work, she ignored me mostly and layed at her master's feet, I was thrilled!
And this was the lab that i tried to find a home for for weeks, and she couldn't be in a better place, Thank You so much and now others know what they missed.
Bless you and Cloud and Jazz and the people in your life too, it is really all about the dogs for me.