PDA

View Full Version : yet Wire hair terrior picked up Sat.

jdelo
07-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Black and brown wire hair terrior of some sort, female, wearing collar, and has a scar, seems young and was found on North Main this morning running in the road. Call 417-310-2555, or 417-310-3032, or Eureka PD at 479-253-8666 to get a message to me, is this is your little dog, she is scared and would like to go home. She has no chip or tags.
Owner id collar and scar, when you call please, Jan ACO for Eureka

island2some
07-26-2008, 05:33 PM
What is going on with all these animals?
Jan..just a thought. I know Eureka is a pet friendly town with our tourists..would it help to send out an immediate bulletin in a group email format alerting them of these pets?

jdelo
07-26-2008, 07:43 PM
Sorry, do not quite understand what you mean?, perhaps haveing " Duh moment" while taking care of 6 dogs and a Kitten. A Group E-mail format????

jdelo
07-26-2008, 07:51 PM
YEAH, an owner coming after the Yorkie, that looks like a wire haired terrior, There is Hope for them all, I hope. Her name is Sophie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

island2some
07-27-2008, 09:22 AM
If you could set up your email address book to get a complete listing of all the hotels/motels in Euereka, when you find a pet you could quickly send off an email to all the local places where tourists lodge.
I know at the Crescent Hotel a few months back, a out of town tourist brought her pet with her, and it got loose. She ran into the spa asking if any of us had seen her dog, and described it. Unfortunately, none of us saw it.
To this day I wonder if she had to leave for home without her dog.

jdelo
07-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Oh, yes i understand that, soon there will be an article inthe Citizen outling the differences between me-ACO for the city, and the privately owned and operated GSHS. We are not connected and many do not know that, including me, until i began volunteering to help with fostering city dogs with Rambo and Lauren when she was ACO. I will be out with fliers one day to take to motels, hotels, business and everywhere else i can think of, to let people of this community know, where to call, with strays, or to help find pets for visitors or locals.
Not good enough on the computer to organize all that info, someone would have to help me figure it all out, and I think fliers they can put up and keep will do better somehow, because if one person reads a "found"e-mail, will they remember to share that info or carry it for long? I worked as a desk clerk and it can get quite hectic at times and it is hard to remember one's own name at times.
Please keep ideas coming, i cannot think of everything like more than 1 could and I am willing to try ANYTHING to get these dogs home, or to a home. and the cats too.

It's all about the animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

celeste
07-28-2008, 10:10 AM
In layman or woman's terms what does all that mean, Jan? Are donations to your effort tax deductible?

jdelo
07-28-2008, 03:28 PM
YES, and can be brought to the Eureka Police Dept in care of Animal Control Dept. and they or I will write a receipt for tax write offs. Soon there will be a Memorial set up and the pay pal acct. set up and be all legal and non-profit, just to get the stray animals the best care they deserve.
Thanks Celeste, for asking, sincerely, Jan ACO for Eureka Springs.