PDA

View Full Version : life goes on, more dogs today

jdelo
08-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Dogs on this thread have homes as of 08-29-08

Boxer, owner retrieved, Blond Pyrenees mix, available for adoption still, 08-17-08

a blond retriever, lab maybe mix, large sweet neutered male and a boxer mix young, i think male, found on 62 east running on the highway. They are housed together as they were running together at the Rapid Poberts and that area.
To see if they are yours, go to the Eureka Police Dept Kennels and check it out.
Call me and I will meet you or the police personal can help you.

Jan, Aco at 417-310-3032

juniper
08-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Someone on Onyx Cave Rd is missing a lab/retriver looking dog...Saw a poster at Sunfest.

jdelo
08-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Thanks, i have that number, I will call but this dog I think lives behind Pizza Hut, well, really behind candle shop as we have had numerous complaints about them in the trash in those bussiness in that area and this dog does not look like he has missed a meal and is very clean and has no "Life is Good" collar on it, but someone might have picked it up and kept as theri own, it happens, i will call.

One concern i am having is that i have 3 Golden Retrievers missing from this area with no sight of them anywhere. There are dog thefts when the economy gets weird and ugly people who want to make a fast buck at others expence, steal popular dogs to sell them or to add to their puppy mills. And i am worried this is happening with these dogs, so keep a close eye on your Labs and Goldens as they are very popular dogs, and prone to thefts. They , the stealers, will ignore chips and tags an other type people will buy these dogs and never bother to check if they are chipped, A sad but true fact in the dog world.

jdelo
08-16-2008, 09:15 PM
well, i missed this one good.
This big beautiful boy(neutered) is a former GSHS border and was adopted out about a year ago and he has an ID chip.
He is a Great Pyrenees Mix and a big old blond teddy bear of a dog. Very mellow and likes everyone and everything. He is not rowdy unless a guy initiates rowdy play and he walks great on a leash and house trained and thinks he would like to be a lap dog. He is a gentle giant and would be good for anyone but he would love room to run. He is only about 2 and in good health. He has shorter hair than a Pyrenees, like a Blond Lab.
His owners were finally located and he had been missing about 2 months and shows no sign of that, except could use a little weight. He is close to a perfect dog, does not get in trash or chew furniture, in fact, does not know how to play with a toy. He was tied out and then turned lose and took up with a neighbor dog, he was found with, and the owners came after him.
This dogs owner has had an illness since he went missing and cannot keep him now. His chip will have to be registered to new owners and unsure about his shots.
Please consider coming to meet him. To see him is to believe me.

P.J.Ashbaugh
08-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Jan GSHS has a boxer missing on thier board

jdelo
08-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Thanks, but my boxer was owner retrieved, not sure if their's is the same one, but i will call, Thank You,

mls1271
08-17-2008, 07:48 PM
Everyone, I have to tell you what a great dog this Pyrenees Dog is that Jan has. When we went out to pick up Winnie (the daschund) we also fell in love with him. We just do not have room for such a big dog. He is just a baby....not really but he wants love you can tell.

Winnie is still doing great. We all love her VERY VERY much! I will have to take pictures and post later.

Jan I promise I will be by this week to sign the papers.....we helped my dad mow 15 yards over the last two days so we have been busy.

Thanks again Jan and everyone go see these GREAT dogs!

jdelo
08-17-2008, 07:52 PM
No problem Missy, just call to make sure i am here. and Yes, post pics please.

juniper
08-18-2008, 10:20 AM
well, i missed this one good.
This big beautiful boy(neutered) is a former GSHS border and was adopted out about a year ago and he has an ID chip.
He is a Great Pyrenees Mix and a big old blond teddy bear of a dog. Very mellow and likes everyone and everything. He is not rowdy unless a guy initiates rowdy play and he walks great on a leash and house trained and thinks he would like to be a lap dog. He is a gentle giant and would be good for anyone but he would love room to run. He is only about 2 and in good health. He has shorter hair than a Pyrenees, like a Blond Lab.
His owners were finally located and he had been missing about 2 months and shows no sign of that, except could use a little weight. He is close to a perfect dog, does not get in trash or chew furniture, in fact, does not know how to play with a toy. He was tied out and then turned lose and took up with a neighbor dog, he was found with, and the owners came after him.
This dogs owner has had an illness since he went missing and cannot keep him now. His chip will have to be registered to new owners and unsure about his shots.
Please consider coming to meet him. To see him is to believe me.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d189/juniperes/WebDSC08698.jpg

This guy is SUPER sweet & mellow!!!

jdelo
08-18-2008, 10:53 AM
If you want to see and meet this beautiful dog, he is at the Eureka Water Co office today ou on 62 east. The girls fell in love with him and are fostering him for today to help find him a home.

Go check him out, he is a great big ole gentle giant of a dog.Chester his owner called him, Chase i call him. Call him what you want as long as it is nice and give him a loving home.

Hoochiesmomma
08-18-2008, 02:05 PM
Yes it's true....we fell in love. Chester has been a joy to have here, he's pretty much a big lug. He's been able to meet alot of nice people, not one single bark out of him. He shared our lunches although my baked potato was not nearly as appealing as the other things. We have been on several walks around the parking lot and yard, he is fantastic on a leash. When we were finally able to get him to play he pounced on the floor with his front paws and the building shook! I have to say, he seems especially drawn to men, he leans into all the crew members and when one got down on his knees, Chester walked right up to him and literally gave him a hug. He's now passed out on the floor, been a big puppy day. He would be such a fantastic companion, I imagine him riding around in his persons truck, loving life. I can't believe someone let this one get away.

The best thing about him aside from his endearing face? He is friggen housetrained! He is a big bonus dog for someone, thanks for letting us puppy sit today Jan!

jdelo
08-18-2008, 07:59 PM
Sure thing, want him tomorrow, just kidding, I missed him but would endure that to see him get the forever loving great home he deserves. Adopted at the shelter a year or so ago, and got away and owner is not able to care for him now, so here he goes again, waiting, but...

He may have that home, they will call tomorrow and let me know, as they met him today at the water office. If he gets a home, you guys are gonna be the official adopters headquarters, we will feature a new dog every week and get them homes, Don't tell your boss! Will he notice a dog there all the time, you think? Yes, if they are all our gentle giants size. I will really miss his hugs!
He is so sweet and loving, if i didn't have a 110lb dog now, Jasper, he would be home now.

Thanks for the plug for him, isn't he the cutest baby faced thing you ever saw in 100lbs?! Good ole Chester, one to remember for sure.

Oh yeah, another bonus, he does not get in the trash either, or tear up furniture or shoes or anything a dog does. In fact, he does not know how to play with toys, tug of war or ball or anything. Sad

jdelo
08-29-2008, 10:39 PM
This big ole beautiful mellow guy got a GREAT home today, with a guy and his girfriend that came here to see another dog and Chester adopted this guy from the moment he came in the door. He recently had lost his dog to the hills, ran off and was found by hunters, dead but was wearing blue harness and id so it was confirmed it was his dog. They stayed 3 hours spending lots of time together and in the end, off he went with them and did not look back. HE will live on a farm, in the country with the guy of his choice, and his other dog, who Chester played with when he wasn't playing with his new human buddy.
It is so rewarding to watch this process, when a dog chooses a person. It has happened twice this week and i am blessed to take care of them until they choose someone. When they left, they were going to Bubbas to get sandwiches, 2 for the 2 dogs, and 2 for them. Not Bad Chester... I will just miss you for a little while, Buddy.

Sue Glave
08-30-2008, 04:41 AM
Way to go, Chester! He is such a beautiful dog, I'm glad he found a good home!

island2some
08-30-2008, 07:12 AM
I am particularly attached to the Great Pyrennes breeds knowing how lovable they are, and what great dogs they are.
WHen I saw this baby's picture, my heart tore in two...I wanted him but knew that Cloud would not allow another male to rule his flock with him.
I am so happy he has a home!
Thank you for posting the good news!

kf5wd
08-30-2008, 08:03 AM
The shelter just got in a 2 year white female Pyreneese named Lucky Charm. Why not give a look see?

jdelo
08-30-2008, 08:48 AM
I can tell all you that after my weeks with this beautiful Chester i can certainly mirror what Islan2smone says about the breed and her beautiful Cloud, who i have met. They are awesome dogs, loving, affectionate, smart and despite the size, very manageable. HE was just a joy to have and a sedate, mellow guy when in the house and a funny playful good natured dog when outside or a big empty room. They seem to know their size and adapt according to space. He brought a lot of joy and laughs to me and my house.
He never had a problem with any dogs that come and went through here and played with the others according to their size,

To say the very least I was very impressed with this beautiful dog and would not hesitate to have another one if i wanted another dog.(?) If i was note living on this hi-way, and had a few less, he would have lived right here, but for his sake, i let him go when he picked someone he wanted.

So, check that one out at the shelter, she might just be your next best friend waiting for you and the GSHS is open today 10:30 to 5.

island2some
08-30-2008, 09:00 AM
A female Pyrennes?
I would love to go get her, but financially three dogs might be a bit much for us.
There was one female Pyrennes I almost took home with me back in February, where Juniper told me this man lived with a lot of Pyrennes dogs out on 23.
When we went, my son took a Kommondor from him, and he is a awesome dog that now lives up north where people never get to see a dog like him.
The man (I forgot his name) also was trying for me to take this adorable female Pyrennes that had the longest gold eyelashes I ever saw on a dog. I still think of her to this day.....

jdelo
08-30-2008, 09:26 AM
At least go check her out, coming from the GSHS, she will have alot done and and so vet care right off will be at a minimum and Cloud and Jaz just may like her. I have always had three dogs personally in my house. I had 3 kids so i guess 3 is just my number. Come on, you know you want to....

Hint, introduce her to Cloud away from Clouds domain, and of course, not like me, have one of his flock handling her as if she is already accepted by you or Ken. MIght work faster than Jaz did and he just might be more used to it, now that more time has passed since the terrific loss you all suffered with your Lab, time heals and dogs do carry emotions and grieve, but do not carry the human emotions that we may think they do, much more ad adaptable
than humans, thus the trust they give someone who rescues them after a horrible experience they have suffered with another human.

Amazing creatures we can learn from if we pay attention.

Go for it, Island2some. I know, me bad!

Keep in touch.....