PDA

View Full Version : two dogs need seperate homes, quick

jdelo
08-15-2008, 01:22 PM
We have homes now, 09-01-08 Thanks for looking but there are more on this forum that need homes.

24 hours left, available for homes, 08-17-08

Two dogs I have and were fostering for someone have been abandoned by their owners, so much for trying to help someone.

One is a 12 yr old black lab, that barks aggresivly at people at the door but is not aggresive to people. She is female and spayed and has food aggresion if another dog approaches it, but not people. She is good with people and kids and is an escape artist if left in the yard alone for long periods of time. She is crate trained and leash trained. Not aggresive with other animals she knows but used to being the only one. Wolf as she is called, likes to chew on bones and such but has done no damage to anything else, used to being in the house, but will attempt break out if left for long periods, thus the crate. She likes the crate, feels safe and secure and just sleeps, older girl that she is, but not look old, looks like a young dog and loves to play ball.

The other is a Am. bulldog, maybe a pit mix. She is about 2 yrs old and has been spayed. Also has food aggresion with other dogs and barks up a storm if left outside for long periods alone, She can be with other dogs her size and likes to play. She is young and so has energy to burn but is not hyper and minds and also used to living in doors with people and has not torn anything up in the house. Her name is Lola. She was raised by a very mellow guy.

I cannot afford them and do not want or need them, esp. with all the others. Do not know about shots, but they have been wormed and have flea control on them, and are healthy right now.
They need quick homes as i cannot take care of this many dogs and they will be put down if someone does not step in for them. They were brought to me together but do not get along, Wolf bosss Lola around and she does not need that, so they need to be split up, in their best interest.
I resent being used by these people i tried to help and that carries over to the dogs, who i am less patient with and that is not fair to them or to me, for i have 7 other dogs i am caring for for this job i have and one of my own, and only me to do it. So i would appreciate any help with them i could get, Thanks

Call 417-310-2555 if you can help them and me, please. Jan
This a last resort plea for help, shelter is full and Wolf would just be another black dog there. I would appreciate any ideas or foster homes until rescues could come forward. I cannot post pics, so call to see them, Thanks

juniper
08-18-2008, 10:26 AM
24 hours left, available for homes, 08-17-08

Two dogs I have and were fostering for someone have been abandoned by their owners, so much for trying to help someone.

One is a 12 yr old black lab, that barks aggresivly at people at the door but is not aggresive to people. She is female and spayed and has food aggresion if another dog approaches it, but not people. She is good with people and kids and is an escape artist if left in the yard alone for long periods of time. She is crate trained and leash trained. Not aggresive with other animals she knows but used to being the only one. Wolf as she is called, likes to chew on bones and such but has done no damage to anything else, used to being in the house, but will attempt break out if left for long periods, thus the crate. She likes the crate, feels safe and secure and just sleeps, older girl that she is, but not look old, looks like a young dog and loves to play ball.

The other is a Am. bulldog, maybe a pit mix. She is about 2 yrs old and has been spayed. Also has food aggresion with other dogs and barks up a storm if left outside for long periods alone, She can be with other dogs her size and likes to play. She is young and so has energy to burn but is not hyper and minds and also used to living in doors with people and has not torn anything up in the house. Her name is Lola. She was raised by a very mellow guy.

I cannot afford them and do not want or need them, esp. with all the others. Do not know about shots, but they have been wormed and have flea control on them, and are healthy right now.
They need quick homes as i cannot take care of this many dogs and they will be put down if someone does not step in for them. They were brought to me together but do not get along, Wolf bosss Lola around and she does not need that, so they need to be split up, in their best interest.
I resent being used by these people i tried to help and that carries over to the dogs, who i am less patient with and that is not fair to them or to me, for i have 7 other dogs i am caring for for this job i have and one of my own, and only me to do it. So i would appreciate any help with them i could get, Thanks

Call 417-310-2555 if you can help them and me, please. Jan
This a last resort plea for help, shelter is full and Wolf would just be another black dog there. I would appreciate any ideas or foster homes until rescues could come forward. I cannot post pics, so call to see them, Thanks

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d189/juniperes/WebDSC08706.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d189/juniperes/WebDSC08705.jpg

Here's Wolf!

jdelo
08-26-2008, 11:49 PM
This sad situation for Wolf, being abandoned by her mom of 12 yrs, has come to a fairy tail ending. She now has a forever home, out in the country, with another great Mom and family and a home to guard, as is her self appointed job and she did it so well, she scared a few folks by her aggressive barking at the front door, on her porch or her driveway. What her real intentions are is not what it appears to be, listening to her, because if she does not chase you off, she is just as happy to let you in, or out of your car, or past her on the porch, for then, you can pet her and throw anything for her to retrieve back to you, to do over and over and over again, until you finally just say'No More" at which time she will lay down at your feet.
One special lady, she thought would understand that and as soon as she came to my house to check out the kennels and the dogs, learning all she could about my goals and intentions so she could find a way to help us. She had already told me, she did not want a dog, not that kind of help was she offering.
Wolf had different ideas and from the moment she walked in, Wolf was right at her side and stayed there, inside, outside and when she sat down to talk.
Luckily for Wolf, This kind lady noticed her, and turns out, living out in the country like she does, if she has a dog, she wants a watch dog, but not an attack dog, and so by the time she was ready to go home, so was Wolf.
She opened up her jeep door, and Wolf jumped in and layed down, and said
"see ya, and Thanks" to me and didn't look back.
We did find out Wolf had some trauma associated with dirt roads, on which she lives now and her Mom is working on a solution for that. Seems all was fine on the highway toward home, but when they turned onto the dirt road they live on, Wolf panicked and began to pace and attempt to jump out.
Last Fall, she was involved and escaped with her life, in a house fire where she lived out in the county on a dirt road. We don't know for sure, but suspect that may be part of her fear. Once home and out of the car, she goes right back to her calm, "Lets play" mode.

Now, Lola, her companion family dog, also abandoned is still here. Wolf never really liked her and let her know it, so they are both better off now. Wolf was an only dog for 10 years, and never really liked to share with the new addition to her family 2 yrs ago, even when Lola was a puppy, Wolf did not want to share anything with her. Separating them, as i have since they have been here, has let each dog, be herself without being at each other. A win-win and now we just need a home for Lola. Pic coming soon, she is a 2 yr old female,spayed pit\am. bulldog mix. Mellow, loving and raised with kids, a little shy, (Thanks Wolf), but very loving and just wanting her own home and someone to love her for her and she will be your very best friend.

jdelo
09-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Lola, the pit mix, has finally gone home, because i took her and left her with them, i just cannot bring myself to put down a health, loving dog,

D
So these two are in homes and no worries now, but there a few more that are going to need homes or fate is questionable. I cannot keep them forever
as much i would like too. Please help if you can, see other dogs and picures on this Pet Adoption forum, Thanks.