PDA

View Full Version : Miracle cat, happy ending story, local

jdelo
08-27-2008, 06:12 PM
This Evening, and a cat lost for 2 months was reunited with it's family, who never gave up looking for this beloved Cat.

It all began when they were camping at Kettle Campground in May or June and the cat wandered off, and though had camped many times, and returned, this day he didn't.
Determined, his mom never forgot or gave up, calling me just a few days ago still looking for him, Beans as he is called. I had to say no, no sign of him yet, thinking no way after all this time, and feeling awful for her, but pride because she was not gonna give up.

Tuesday i get a call and there is a stray cat with a collar around the office at Mountain Country Realty on Passion Play road. I went by there but the skittish cat was no where to be found. I suggested a life trap, harmless to them and if we could get to the tags on its collar, maybe find the owner.
The GSHS has them for a $25.00 deposit, you get that back when you return the trap. April, the lady missing her cat, was also notified by the shelter and came to look for it too, no luck.

Today, the cat came back and armed with food, they finallly got ahold of it and sure enough, it was Beans, April's missing cat of 2 months. She was skeptical until she was told the name Beans was on the collar. Can you imagine that feeling for April? Gives me goose bumps just telling the story.

So, with the determination of it's owner, never giving up, and the generosity of the staff at the realty office, a long lost cat is reunited with it's family tonight, intack with it's collar and bells and tags, and not too worse for the
wear, for bring on it's own for awile.

Don't we love a Happy Ending???

kf5wd
08-27-2008, 07:06 PM
Are you saying they would let the cat out at campgrounds they visited? If so they should not be allowed to have a cat.

Sue Glave
08-27-2008, 07:20 PM
kf5wd, Daisy is doing wonderfully! She and Fred are getting along well, better than she is with us so far! lol. She is currently hiding under my big chase lounge chair. (no danger to her, it is a stationary chair with a hallow bottom)We are giving her time to adjust to us and her new surrounding. Just wanted to let you know.

juniper
08-27-2008, 07:21 PM
Are you saying they would let the cat out at campgrounds they visited? If so they should not be allowed to have a cat.

I traveled the country with a dog and cat both. They loved to travel, and were well trained. We always let them out in safe places. never had any trouble at all. Some animals are OK with that.

jdelo
08-28-2008, 12:46 AM
She had always camped with the cat and it had always stayed close and wondered to check things out, as nosey cats do, no reason to think this time would be different, the point being, she did not give up and neither did the cat. I call that a happy ending, period.

PS, don't spoil the good feelings, and don't tell there is no Santa Clause to children or adults, please.

And this mom for this cat, lives in Eureka now and works at the GSHS now, just so you know, her name is April.

jdelo
08-28-2008, 12:49 AM
oh Sue, you got the kitty, Bless you for that, and giving her a good and loving home.

lovemyMac
08-28-2008, 06:35 PM
Incredible wonderful story. So glad Beans has been found!!!!:p

Eurekajunebug
08-29-2008, 12:13 AM
She had always camped with the cat and it had always stayed close and wondered to check things out, as nosey cats do, no reason to think this time would be different, the point being, she did not give up and neither did the cat. I call that a happy ending, period.

PS, don't spoil the good feelings, and don't tell there is no Santa Clause to children or adults, please.

And this mom for this cat, lives in Eureka now and works at the GSHS now, just so you know, her name is April.

Jan,
This is great news! I know April and her family. I knew that her husband had gotten a job in Eureka Springs, and that they planned to move here, but I didn't know that they had. April has lived here in the past, and she's a friend of our son. The last time I saw her, she was worried to death about that cat. I'm so glad that her story has a happy ending. The next time you see her at the shelter, tell her I said hello.

celeste
08-29-2008, 11:58 PM
are you saying they would let the cat out at campgrounds they visited? If so they should not be allowed to have a cat. amen!

jdelo
08-30-2008, 12:09 PM
Opinions, we all got em, ideas, we all got em, our ways, we all got em, tolerance, we all need it, working together despite our differences, we got to,
Peace and kindness, we need it.

Thanks for your input, it is all important, and everyone is entitled to theirs and i do not have to agree, but i do have to respect others ways, not my job to change them, only me.
I don't think i would take a cat camping, never did when i had one, took dogs, but did not let lose, in a strange place.

April got Lucky, and i do respect how long she kept looking and trying, her determination payed off. That i like, the good ending, despite the beginning or the middle. 2 months is a long time for an animal to be out on the streets or in the woods. Lucky Cat for sure, or extremely smart cat.

Hopeful Romantic, what can i say?

Eurekajunebug
08-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Opinions, we all got em, ideas, we all got em, our ways, we all got em, tolerance, we all need it, working together despite our differences, we got to,
Peace and kindness, we need it.

Thanks for your input, it is all important, and everyone is entitled to theirs and i do not have to agree, but i do have to respect others ways, not my job to change them, only me.
I don't think i would take a cat camping, never did when i had one, took dogs, but did not let lose, in a strange place.

April got Lucky, and i do respect how long she kept looking and trying, her determination payed off. That i like, the good ending, despite the beginning or the middle. 2 months is a long time for an animal to be out on the streets or in the woods. Lucky Cat for sure, or extremely smart cat.

Hopeful Romantic, what can i say?

I agree that it's not a good idea to take a cat camping and let it roam around. You can't tell what will spook it. I hope that April has learned her lesson and won't do that again.

PMilam
08-31-2008, 12:01 AM
I never would have believed it, if I had not seen it.
A friend was visiting from up north.. she had been over in the old country where she found a kitten. She was traveling with a dog, had never had a cat before.

When they got to our house she let both of them out.. when she whistled.. they both came a runnin'.. opened the truck door, and they both jumped in.

I was astonished.. never seen a cat that would come to a whistle.. call.. anything. I asked how she did it... she said she didn't know that cats wouldn't do that.

I've seen cats on leashes at campgrounds, also.
Some people think you should not be allowed to have an animal if you keep it inside all the time.
Can't we give a little? We are all different, just like the animals that we love.

jdelo
08-31-2008, 03:54 PM
Cats of course, have wandered from thier own houses, and yards and even an indoor cat has escaped the house, foiling the best efforts to keep them in. Cats, and dogs too, will do what they will do, sometimes no matter what we do to try to keep them where we think they should be, or want them to be.

I for one, would never have a cat that had to stay in the house all the time, and would never declaw one. But that is my choice and it is no better than another persons idea to do the oppisite. Just differerent, thats all. We all surfer the consequenses or our actions and choices and sometimes we are even rewarded for those choices.

I am not condeming April, who I have never even met, just talked to on the phone, for her choices. They are hers to make, and not mine to judge. I am just very impressed that she had hope and made effort for two months to
find her cat, and now she has it. She and the cat got real lucky i think.

So I can certainly give a little and understand we are all different, just like the animals we love and respect.

Mr.Nosey
08-31-2008, 08:50 PM
It turned out good for April lossing Beans for a short time because she went looking for Beans @ GSHS ended up hiring on with GSHS and making a good employee So Beans coming home is GREAT and having April @ GSHS is just as good so all worked out for everyone

Eurekajunebug
09-01-2008, 12:22 AM
I've known April since she was a little teen-age girl. She and her husband, Billy, have two of the cutest little girls you've ever seen. I'm not condemning her either. She's a sweetheart. I'm just too nervous about my cats to let them wander at a place they've never been before. My cats all stay inside, and nobody should feel sorry for them. They live the Life of Riley, and the ones we've brought in from the outside never even try to get out again. They know they have it good. When we moved here in 1988, we brought 6 cats with us, and we allowed them to go outside when they wanted to. In the next few years, three of those cats were run over on Hillside Ave. and a fourth drowned in our neighbor's fish pond. After that, my cats stayed inside. If we lived in the country, it would be different, but letting a cat run free on Hillside Ave. is just asking for trouble. I agree with you about the declawing, Jan. That is selective mutilation. I read where it's like pulling out our fingernails to the second joint. Some people say it doesn't hurt, but how could it not? I made a decision when I decided to have cats in my home. I never buy anything so expensive that I will have a nervous breakdown if a cat scratches on it or breaks it. That was my choice. Others make different choices, but to me, the cats are more important than "things." If there is anything that I would just die if they ruined, I make sure they can't get to it, or I put it away. The plan is when we move back to Memphis, we will find a house with a room that we can turn into a cat playroom.....where they can climb and play and sleep with lots of toys and windows. Scratching posts and beds and shelves to climb on. That's the dream.

jdelo
09-01-2008, 12:45 AM
Oh man, i wish i had that magazine i once had, it had a section it it, dedicated to cat and dog areas in big ole rich folks houses and it was awesome! Esp. for Cats. All these tunnels up high with breaks in them so they could just stop and hang out and watch or rest from all these different levels and they had a screened in porch, up stairs and more tunnels to get out in the trees around the birds but could not get out and they had trees to climb and sofas and castles with different levels, music and on and on it went. A cat heaven to say the least. Would make one want to be a cat there.

Thank you June, for not taking offence at anything i said. To each our own ideas and if i died, i would like to come to your house as a cat or a dog.

Welcome newbie Mr. Nosey, nice to have a another opinion, We need em all.

I am just not going to condemn anyone, unless you are down right abusive to a dog or cat or kid, and then look out...And if i wander up on anyone dumping an animal, someone will have to bail me out of jail!