PDA

View Full Version : Warning!! Graphic photos of breast reconstruction.

PMilam
10-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Skip.. if you can't look at weird stuff...
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;

Wens am, leaving for Springfield..

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n170/Riverwoman616/Photo924.jpg

Upon return...

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n170/Riverwoman616/Photo935.jpg

Last night, after removing dressings ...
Shocking!!!

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n170/Riverwoman616/Photo941.jpg

This is today... not so funny, today.. more pain right now than up until now..
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n170/Riverwoman616/Photo945.jpg

The tummy removal comes later.. it's the part that I most dread.. at least when it's your chest, you can still get up and down.. it's that abdominal part that really hurts!

Thank you for your support and prayers!

mtnviewsteve
10-12-2008, 06:23 PM
~Whata' Beautiful Spirit Sister~Walking the Talk as Always~
~Blessings Patt~

Sidney
10-12-2008, 06:30 PM
You look beautiful to me!! :) Thank you for sharing!

DaBee
10-12-2008, 07:26 PM
You are a blessing for all to witness. How long has it been since you were diagnosed with breast cancer? It must have involved many surgeries and treatments. It is an honor that you have shared these photos with us.

PMilam
10-12-2008, 07:39 PM
5 years.

Thank you all.

Saoirse
10-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Your openess as always is inspirational. Light and love for a speedy recovery on your next procedures.

HEART
10-14-2008, 09:54 AM
...sending heartfelt love and light patt...how are you today...

...soothing and encouraging...and holding oh so gently...xo

Vicki Webster
10-14-2008, 10:09 AM
Patt as usual your courage leaves me speachless. You are indeed an inspiration, bless you.

juniper
10-14-2008, 12:43 PM
Ouch! I hope going through all this will help relieve the pain. XX

PMilam
10-14-2008, 02:07 PM
that's what made this decision so hard.. either put up with the growing pain.. no prediction of it's time line.. and no one has offered any other solution.
So.. go through this trial by expansion, and a long surgery.. and more healing time.. in the hopes.. the expectation that the older pain will be relieved.

It's not an easy solution.. but, I cannot bear to live my life out, on pain meds, and not being able to do any amount of arm work without paying for it, for days.

I just had my second expansion injection, almost 4 hrs in the car for a 10 minute procedure. Not real comfortable.. not too painful.. just not able to do much. It makes me tired. My wedge pillow came today.. looking forward to that, instead of a wobbly pile of pillows.

Typing is not too much of a stress. Just hard to sit up straight for long time.

That gentle patting feels very nice. Thank you.

MotherMoon12
10-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Pink, soft, cotton candy clouds cushioning you. Love you lots.

daturasgarden
10-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Patt, we're thinking of you through all of this. It's amazing the techniques and procedures out there! Hoping any pain is over quickly! Blessings to you and your family...

micki
10-14-2008, 07:50 PM
sending lots of positive energy your way, ms patt. hugs:hug:i

silvercreek
10-15-2008, 05:32 PM
Patt, Bless your heart and your courage. Will be thinking of you and wishing for the very best results possible. Pain is a real bitch and pain pills are worse. Hugs and kisses.

PMilam
10-24-2008, 01:28 PM
whoa, whoa... misery.... remember that song... it's in my head a lot lately..

not fun at all... gritting my teeth, bearing it, in hopes that in the end, I will no longer be in pain... sure is a bitch of a way to get pain free... the right side is much worse, since it was radiated. The left side looks somewhat normal. thing is they have to stretch the skin waaay out, for the surgery.. probably have to cut away some of the "bad skin".
I know of two other women, in the area, undergoing this process right now. I'm sure they could use some of the pink fluffy stuff, too!
soft pink gentle thoughts my way, please... needing a bit more wind beneath my wings... literally!

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n170/Riverwoman616/Photo1137.jpg

MotherMoon12
10-24-2008, 01:34 PM
Pink fluff, light, and love going out to all of you who need it. You are one of the strongest people I know. Harpies can do anything they set their minds to. Love you sooooo much.

DaBee
10-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Surrounding surrounding surrounding with love and light.

eurekamom23
10-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Praying for you Patt!! Lots of love headed your way!!

Sidney
10-24-2008, 07:11 PM
Many prayers to you Patt! You still look beautiful!! And thank you again for sharing this intimate part of your life with us!

Grayfox
10-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Bless your heart. I remember so well how badly burned you were and how utterly miserable you looked. This is a big old bump in the road for you but I'm betting that it will one day just be a bad memory and you'll be walking on air. Fingers crossed for you here.

Becky Davis
10-27-2008, 12:28 AM
Gawd Patt! I had no idea...I should have come to see you. Amazing what they can do isn't it? You are pretty amazing yourself. You come from some tough stock gal.

PMilam
10-30-2008, 01:54 PM
I will spare you the photos.. this is horrendous.. my left breast is infected... I've had 2 shots of antibiotics, and taking them by mouth also.. it'd draining... it's nasty.. it hurts like holy hell!!

I'm going to Spfield tomorrow.. and if I don't feel at least 50% better.. I'm going to ask to have the expanders removed..
At the rate I'm going.. it would be at least a month before I could even have the surgery... living thru another month of this is something I have a hard time even thinking about...

Please keep me in your prayers.
Thanks.

MotherMoon12
10-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Pink, healing, healthy light flowing to you.

mtnviewsteve
10-30-2008, 02:13 PM
Pink, healing, healthy light flowing to you.
~From Steve & Maletha~Love~LiGhT~Healing To YOU~

Vicki Webster
10-30-2008, 02:18 PM
Patt, sending healing light your way.

Annie2
10-30-2008, 04:13 PM
Oh, Patt. Is there a stronger pain med that could help you through this? I wish I could do more than send loving thoughts and prayers. I'm turning all the white light on high. Sheild your eyes, love!

Teresa DeVito
10-31-2008, 06:58 AM
May you find relief today Patt :hug:

PMilam
10-31-2008, 10:15 PM
I will have relief soon... the left expander is out... drain in.. I go back tues...

It is a relief to have the burning boob gone. I'm right boobed now..
I will wait til I am more pain free... and pain med free to decide anything else.

I called on you all this evening.. in the peak of the worst..
The thought of all the people that I know are rooting for me.. helped to slow my breathing.. and get on through it.. and thank you for being there. Also, there were some gentle caring people in the room, taking care of me...

Becky Davis
10-31-2008, 11:42 PM
I wish I could hug you. I hope you can feel me.

DaBee
11-01-2008, 12:16 AM
I breathed a sigh of relief when you told of having the expander taken out. How is the infection? Still running a fever? It was all so angry looking on Monday, but I'm sure the antibiotics helped...sure hope so, anyway.
Right there with you, Patt. You're surrounded with love and light, just as you know to be true.
Have a healing, restful weekend surrounded by your lovely family.
deb

Jeannie Jones
11-02-2008, 08:31 PM
Patt dear, I've got Nafalia on the phone and she'd like to leave a message here for you. Her words follow:

Jeannie just updated me, Patt, on what you're going through. I want you to know that you cross my mind often and I will definitely keep you in the forefront of my mind from this second on.

It seems as if the both of us for the last 2 or 3 yrs have done nothing but deal with cancer and its after-effects. I know for you as well as for myself, sometimes you just get bone-weary of dealing with the issues that this disease seems to bring into one's life.

I keep believing and thinking that somewhere along the way there must be an end to it, but it appears as soon as one issue is resolved, another one crops up. Know that I am walking with you and I send my spirit to you, to surround you with love, light, and the hope of an end to this disease called cancer.

As we will it, so shall it be,

Nafalia
Springfield MO

PMilam
11-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Thank you for your words and sending forth healing energies..
When I get panicky.. I open my brain bag of goodies... and Light enters.

Thanks to the many of you that take the time daily, to stop and focus energy towards those in need.. for those of you that roll the name of one in need around in your thoughts... working their images into the ordinary moments of life. When someone comes suddenly to mind.. you breathe deeply and expel clean balanced energy their way.

It's not easy to explain... but, simple to do.

Thanks for taking the time. Blessings abound.

mtnviewsteve
11-02-2008, 10:28 PM
~Healing LiGhT Blessings ALWAYS~Perpetual candle lit~

silvercreek
11-02-2008, 10:45 PM
Patt, Thinking of you with love and light and hopes. Sending more wind beneath your sails. Keep deep breathing. Hugs and kisses and love.

lunarmist
11-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Breathing in and exhaling pain and discomfort in hopes that it eases your pain and helps you heal. Love and light.

DaBee
11-03-2008, 07:55 AM
It is always good to hear from you, Nafalia. You are in my thoughts often, as is Jeannie. Positivity and light to both of you good women.
So many candles lit, Patt. Aren't we exceptionally blessed folks to have this forum in which to come together in kindness?
love and light to all,
deb

PMilam
11-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Yes... I feel very fortunate to have so many loving people in my life.. real and cyber...
Today.. the pain is less.. I go tomorrow to have the drain removed.. hopefully... if the drainage is low enough.
I still don't know what is next... I was in too much pain to listen to what the surgeon was saying to me.. There are options.. I'll be able to hear tomorrow... and make a decision... go on with reconstruction.. or take this other expander out.. and hope for the best...

Nafalia... I'm sorry for us both.. so much we could be doing now, if we had strength and energy... oh.. well.. be here now...
be happy here.. now... I hope you are experiencing a good health time right now.

Thanks for all your caring, candles and prayers.