PDA

View Full Version : looking for the right dog

Bevanne
11-04-2008, 06:46 AM
Last week we went to the Humane Society and found the perfect dog but since we had another one at home we decided to bring him to meet "Tootie" at the GS. But you snooze, you lose!!!!Found out she was adopted before we got back there.....Anyway, we're looking for a large, female, short-hair, good disposition dog. Prefer a mix of shepherd,lab etc. I know we're picky but have to go that route.

Sarah Moore
11-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Bevanne, please keep checking back with the shelter on a regular basis. As you have just experienced (unofrtunately in this case), animals come in and go out of there frequently so the chances of finding the right dog are good. If you let the shelter staff know exactly what you are looking for, they will keep an eye out and call you when one comes in that matches what you are looking for.

jdelo
11-04-2008, 11:58 PM
And look on line at other dogs at shelters around the area, i got Buddy in Rogers, after seeing him on-line. There are severaly in a 50 mile radius, like Cassville or Rogers, or Berryville, or Try Kelly who kept the dogs with HEART.

The right one is just waiting for you, good luck!!!!!!!!

larry408
11-15-2008, 11:29 AM
My wife is ready for another small young inside dog. She wants a poodle, poodle/mix or cocker spanial. She wants one a few years old and less then 20 lbs. We where keeping our daughters dog for her as he had a barking problem that caused problems at her new apartment. He had a stroke a few weeks ago and we had to have him put down. If anyone has one that they no longer wants or can not take of let me know.

belle
11-17-2008, 01:01 AM
Last week we went to the Humane Society and found the perfect dog but since we had another one at home we decided to bring him to meet "Tootie" at the GS. But you snooze, you lose!!!!Found out she was adopted before we got back there.....Anyway, we're looking for a large, female, short-hair, good disposition dog. Prefer a mix of shepherd,lab etc. I know we're picky but have to go that route.

Have you found one yet??? if not I may know of one.

Bevanne
11-17-2008, 06:16 AM
yes, Belle, we found the perfect canine companion at the GSHS!!!! He is a treasure and we are so grateful.

kf5wd
11-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Larry408

We just got in 3 Schnauzer mix puppies and a 1 year old Chihuahua mix today at the Shelter. She may want look at them and others who may just grab her heart.

larry408
11-17-2008, 07:58 PM
kf5wd, have any pictures of the 3 Schnauzer mix puppies been posted on the GS web site?

kf5wd
11-18-2008, 09:07 AM
Their photos will be taken today and I can post one here tonight.

kf5wd
11-18-2008, 05:06 PM
Here are the remaining two schnauzer mix pups. The shelter is closed tomorrow so if you are interested in them better go there Thur.

http://members.toast.net/kf5wd102030/roxie.jpg

Sarah Moore
11-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Are they cute or what!! Ken is right, get there Thursday if interested. These little cuties won't last long.

Zeek Taylor
11-19-2008, 04:33 AM
A number "10" on the "oh so cute" meter!

kf5wd
11-21-2008, 07:12 PM
The Power of Geekfest! Both Roxie and Reilly were adopted today.

queenie
12-05-2008, 08:21 AM
I got to take Katie to our GSHS booth at the Garage Sale Extravaganza at the Carroll County fairgrounds yesterday and she is just about perfect. She rode in the front seat of my car the whole way sitting there all pretty and obedient, she walks with a leash like a well trained dog. She never once barked, she let all the little kids pet her, she wagged her tails and licked the other dogs that came through the door. She is housebroken, can sit and stay on command she is just great. She is probably about 35 pounds, I would call her a medium size dog. She looks to me like she has mainly Sharpee in her. She has the characteristic hair, tail, ears, lots of loose skin on her neck. Just a lovely dog. At our kennel she tends to bark to much, (which I think some dogs start to do when they are there to long) but with me she didn't bark for 5 hours. Go to the Good Shepherd and ask to walk her you will see immediately how good she is.

kf5wd
12-05-2008, 08:45 AM
Everyone who has had contact with Katie says the same thing. She is a really great dog.