PDA

View Full Version : Looking for A family or perfect home for "Happi"

chou
11-06-2008, 09:30 AM
We have a young male (less than one year) small to mid size (15-20 lbs. max.) "Whoodle" dog (mixed breed of Poodle & Wheaten Terrier) to "re-home". His loving doting owner took him from an abusive situation as a little fellow and has given him tender love and care just after moving here when she had considerable free time. Her life has escalated to where she is working full time plus socializing most of her free time! He deserves MORE! She is living in a small apartment with only a porch for him. We talked last night and she admitted that she knows she needs to look for a better loving home for her sweet Happi boy. This little fellow is absolutely ADORABLE! ~~~ to look at, to play with and to LOVE! He is shy of some new people but spunky and frisky ~~~gentle and smart ~~~clean & healthy~~~ likes other dogs and would do well with children and adults who will be interactive with him. He is too special just to be put in a run and left yipping and yapping all alone. If anyone knows of anyone who has an ideal home for this little sweetheart please pm or email me and I can forward pics. & we can start the mutual interview process. Sincerely Chou choulady@gmail.com

jdelo
11-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Best of Luck with your search sweet, caring one!

kf5wd
11-06-2008, 05:51 PM
There are people out there who will take advantage of this situation so be sure to vet anyone before giving the dog to them unless you know them personally. If a suitable home cannot be found then consider taking him to the shelter.

jdelo
11-06-2008, 06:17 PM
good point kf5wd

Sue Glave
11-07-2008, 05:55 AM
Chou, please check you pm's.

jdelo
11-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Sue, do you have new puppy dog?

Sue Glave
11-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Soon, maybe!

jdelo
11-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Oh boy,let us know!

Sue Glave
11-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Happi has a new home, and has already started training us! Fred kisses him and otherwise goes about his business, being the alpha cat he is, and so far, Daisy/Wilma is sitting on the table looking at him.
We learned this morning just how QUICK he is! When we started to open the front door, he bolted. Daniel and I sat outside for an hour or more, tempting him with dog bones and kibbles and bits . He would eat out of our hand, but run if we started to pick him up. Just as I was calling for help, Daniel managed to grab him. He is now taking a nap on my big chair with Fred.
Thank you so much Chou and Steph for allowing us to have his little bundle of love in our home!

jdelo
11-10-2008, 11:05 AM
Oh yeah, good for all around and Sue i hope he helps heal your heart after your losses of this year, and you can help Happi too. A win, win.

Help with darting, put leash on him before opening door, and teach him to wait until you invite him out, one idea anyway.

Have Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Post pics soon so we can see little cutie, please!

queenie
12-05-2008, 08:25 AM
Sue,

You might want to consider getting him microchipped at the shelter. I believe the cost is below $10.00 then you have to register him with the chipping company for I think $20.00 for a one year account. That way if he bolts and don't come home, if any of the shelters or control officers pick him up they will know exactly where he belongs.