PDA

View Full Version : Female Cockatiel needs boyfriend!

Glen
11-13-2008, 10:46 AM
No---thats not a joke. I have a female Cockatiel and a male Sun Conure who are mating on a regular basis--but, needless to say, though she lays MANY eggs none hatch and I'm told none probably will (though I've been told it isn't impossible for a hybrid--but VERY unlikely) and she seems to REALLY want younguns' as she spends most of her time sitting on her eggs. I thought if someone had a male cockatiel out there we might arrange a "date" so she could become the mother she seems to want to be. Yes, I may be crazy to post this---but I've been called worse so thought I'd give it a try. I have an extra cage so I could bring her over and leave her awhile with her "boyfriend" to see if nature takes it's course. I thought about seling her to someone with a male---but the Sun Conure and her seem so affectionate with each other I hate to break them up. Do I seem like a complete NUT?

chou
11-13-2008, 01:14 PM
Morning Glenn, When we talked a few days ago I neglected to get your phone # ~~but now reading this I realize we need to talk again ~~~Jason, the man you are to take Tookie to on Saturday ~~~is all excited about the trial period visitation and has started clearing a place on a huge table he has just in front of the living room window in his apt. He might also be ammenable to the little Cockatiel Juliet coming with Romeo since you are clearly kind and considerate to hesitate to split them apart. Please do get in touch with me with your phone # so we can confirm that this former plan is still firm. 253-9090. I am leaving early Saturday morn for SFO for a week but if you should need to reach me after that my cell is: 479-981-1245. Hope to hear from you soon. Sincerely Chou