PDA

View Full Version : Twin Mattresses Needed

woodbutcher
11-24-2008, 10:44 AM
My 5 inmates need a twin mattress for each of them. They sleep on a metal rack with a 3" "pad" under them that serves as a mattress. A couple of them...well actually 4 out of 5 of them are a bit older and the bed is making them have back and shoulder pain. We have figured out a way to make a mattress from a twin work. With some cutting and sewing we think we can make them fit in the small space they have to sleep. If anyone has one or more in decent condition they are willing to donate to 5 good inmates I would sincerely appreciate it. :D

woodbutcher
11-30-2008, 08:05 PM
bump...

chou
12-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Hello Woodbutcher, Oh how I wish I could find those 5 twins for you for free locally ~~~have you posted on Carroll County Free cycle yet? They just might be easy to find there as well as asking on Tradio (KTHS radio) every morning starting at 8:30 am ~~~the # would probably be a local call for you in Bville! Also, you might call Troy Harness at Harness Mattress company in Harrison and ask him if they ever get trade ins that could be donated to worthy causes ~~~ like yours. His is the original owner and a gem of a man to do business with ~~~they run delivery trucks over here often and perhaps they will feel charitable towards you! Let us know when you have those beds for those deserving men. Sincerely Chou

woodbutcher
12-02-2008, 07:07 AM
Hey Chou...thanks for the great information. I'll keep beating on doors until I can get some mattresses for these guys. Thanks again. I'll let you know when they can sleep "comfortably."

JET
12-02-2008, 08:28 AM
Hey Chou...thanks for the great information. I'll keep beating on doors until I can get some mattresses for these guys. Thanks again. I'll let you know when they can sleep "comfortably."

Hey, If you find any for sale? I have 10 bucks. How about it guys. Show some spirit.

woodbutcher
12-02-2008, 08:37 AM
Hey, If you find any for sale? I have 10 bucks. How about it guys. Show some spirit.

Yea...heck, I'd take a queen...king, regular...whatever...we're going to cut them down anyway. I could cut a double into two big enough for two bunks.

JET I just noticed your site eurekaspringsauto.com. I might be coming to see you soon...my truck is gonna need a new transmission or repair soon. :)