02-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Dear Irresponsible Pet Owners:
>
> First, let me say that I certainly understand your dilemma
> in wanting to re-home your senior cat, Miss Fluffy. After
> all, who could expect you to keep a cat that no longer
> matched your new decorating theme throughout your home. I
> ' m confident I ' ll find a wonderful, loving home
> long before she dies of old age in mine.
>
> And, to those of you requesting my help for your unaltered
> female pets who became pregnant ........ Yes, I agree .....
> I just can ' t imagine HOW this happened either and; of
> course, I ' ll be most happy to take mothers AND babies
> off your hands. After all, I DO understand how inconvenient
> this must be for you. A big Lab with 10 puppies. My
> goodness, you must be extremely overcrowded in your home. I
> only have 10 large breeds in my home, at present, so your
> mother lab and her puppies won?t be a problem for me at all.
> Plus, my neighbors must really enjoy all the dogs I have as
> they rarely call the police when they bark and disturb
> them.
>
> For those of you who are trying to make some major budget
> cuts? ...... Yes, I agree 100% ....... Little Buffy the cat
> and Susie the Golden Retriever must go.. That dog and cat
> food really cuts into the old vacation fund, doesn?t it? And
> what about those rising Vet costs? Wow, yes indeed, I
> understand where you ' re coming from. I can only
> imagine what it costs you a year to take care of these
> animals. Nobody would blame you for wanting to get rid of
> them so you and the family can have enough money for that
> European vacation.
>
> As for myself, I enjoy staying home and caring for all of
> YOUR discarded pets. They are absolutely NO PROBLEM or
> financial worry to me what-so-ever as every time I visit the
> pet store for food, the manager insists that I take as much
> as I need for free ...... and my Vet would never dream of
> charging me anything for his services ..... not even for
> that $7,000.00 hip replacement for Susie, your Golden
> Retriever.
>
> And , for all you people who got picked up for DUI, or
> for any other reason, I will be more than happy to ?baby sit
> your pets, for FREE, while you are incarcerated, and then
> return them to your loving arms once you are set free and
> back home again. No problem. I ' m always here to help
> no matter how irresponsible you are.
>
> For those of you who are tired of shedding animals. Yes,
> you ' re right. It ' s so inconvenient to have to
> vacuum the carpets more than ONCE a week. How thoughtless of
> God to create an animal that continually sheds its coat due
> to the climate and elements of it ' s environment. What
> WAS He thinking? As for me, I find running the sweeper four
> and five times a day very therapeutic and don ' t
> even bother to put it away anymore. Same goes for the
> kitchen mop. This also gives me something to do in between
> cleaning up doggie doo in the yard. I do love to keep busy,
> but I certainly understand how tiring this can be for YOU.
> After all, you work all day and can ' t be expected to
> continually clean up after the animal. I work too, but I
> ' m sure my job isn ' t nearly as exhausting as
> yours, so I still have plenty of energy left at the end of
> the day.
>
> And, for all you new Mom ' s out there. Well, who could
> expect you to take care of a newborn and dog and/or cat at
> the same time. Just because millions of other women do it
> sure doesn ' t mean you have the ability to adjust. My,
> oh my, what are we to do? ... the baby ' s crying and
> the dog wants out all at the same time. Boy, now that '
> s really tough on a new Mom.
>
> Some people have such nerve thinking that pets actually
> belong in families.
>
> Also, for those of you who are moving. Of course I have
> room for your pets that can ' t go with you. I totally
> understand that there isn ' t one place within the city
> limits or surrounding areas that still allows pets on the
> premises. You just go right ahead and move knowing that your
> loyal companion is going to be well taken care of.
>
> So, please feel free to contact any of us in rescue as we
> are more than understanding and sympathetic to your
> problems. After all, isn ' t that why we ' re here
> .... to make life a little more easy and enjoyable for YOU?
> We certainly would never expect YOU to make a life time
> commitment to those cute little kittens or puppies you got
> earlier in your life
>
> And last, but certainly not least ..... to those of you who
> actually DO have a legitimate reason for surrendering an
> animal .... I ' m sorry but I ' m unable to be of
> assistance as I ' m too busy taking care of the above
> serious situations that demands my immediate attention.

islandvideo
02-09-2009, 07:43 PM
I am so with you, Ken -

02-11-2009, 03:09 PM
It is as if someone is looking into my life! I love to help the animals but oh my, this is SO what I hear. Linda Winter

Eureka Animal Precinct
02-17-2009, 10:20 AM
Oh, to have to cut into your cigarette or beer fund!

You go man...I am with you!!

Uncle Ogre
02-17-2009, 11:35 AM
There are people on here who have left animals behind when moving. They think the rest of us have short memories. Thanks for the two of you and Linda, too.

island2some
02-20-2009, 01:26 PM
These animals that want to give so much to us and we give so little back to them....
James DeVito said it best on another thread awhile back..."We don't deserve them".

Yes, my dog gets out of his fenced yard once in awhile, and my 60 year old husband has to go run after him to bring him back home but would never think of dumping Cloud just because he upsets his routine once in awhile. Somehow Cloud loves the way the grass smells across the fence line. I thank God for great neighbors on our street who understand, and when their dogs get out and come over to my house I grab their pet and bring it home to them.
Up the street is a bit different....some dog haters up there. We do try to respect you.
Really.
Please don't shoot my dog, or get him picked up.
We want our dogs safe and sound at home as much as anyone else does.

Yes, we do think our dogs have souls.
We really don't deserve them.

kf5wd
02-21-2009, 07:36 AM
I couldn't agree more.....

island2some
02-21-2009, 07:57 AM
Cloud is a pure White gigantic Great Pyrennes. He is a rescue pet who came into our lives about 4 years ago. When we got him, there was wire wrapped around his neck that gouged into it, very bloody and infected. The vet said that it appeared as if someone tried to drag him behind a vehicle for fun...the cuts were very deep. He was on antibiotics to try to get rid of the massive infection. Cloud also was covered in ticks . Some of the ticks were so engorged that they were the size of a half dollar. They were feasting on Cloud. He was dirty and smelly, and trembled whenever my husband got near him. Today he is Daddy's boy, and forgot all the bad things that humans did to him.

Then along came Jazz...our other rescue pet we got from Jan.
Jazz was in Jan's loving home for around 5 months as she did not have the heart to bring her to the shelter. After our chocolate Lab Lady died of cancer last June, Cloud was alone and showed signs of being depressed. You see, Lady was the only thing close to a mother Cloud ever had. He was only about 5 months old when we got Cloud.
Lady at that time was about 2 years old...she showed Cloud how to swim, and regularly groomed him and taught him to trust. After Lady died, Cloud was showing signs of aggression and depression. He stopped eating. Jan showed up with Jazz, and at the time I could not imagine trying to replace Lady, as this was only a few weeks after Lady's death. I was still (and still am) grieving over her.
However, Jazz looked at me after I asked her if she needed a new mommy and tried to reach her paws around my neck. I knew she belonged. We did have to take Cloud in hand for a couple weeks to show him that Jazz belonged as much as him, and today they are the best buddies you ever saw. Cloud is returning the favor that Lady bestowed on him, and began teaching Jazz manners and how to go potty way in the back of our yard. Jazz was so terrified at first, she would not even leave our deck.
Yes...our house sounds like a kennel whenever anyone comes over but we would not trade either of them for anything. They bring so much into our lives.

kf5wd
02-21-2009, 02:37 PM
I understand completely and it makes it even harder to comprehend how some people ignore or abuse dogs/cats. Those who do are definitely sick and will usually go on to commit even worse crimes. We have thru the years gotten several dogs at the shelter with collars embedded in their neck. Makes you sick to your stomach.

JrtLover
02-25-2009, 12:36 PM
We had a big fluffy dog come in for a bath a few years ago...the choke chain that was on him was sooo tight I was surprised the dog could breathe..I had to use wire cutters to get it off him......

island2some
02-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Geeez, Sue.
What is wrong with people?
There is a direct correlation that how people treat their pets also shows how they treat their children. Very scary.

We truly don't deserve their love and devotion.

ESweekender
02-26-2009, 02:29 PM
We had a big fluffy dog come in for a bath a few years ago...the choke chain that was on him was sooo tight I was surprised the dog could breathe..I had to use wire cutters to get it off him......

That is so weird! you would think if someone goes to the trouble to pay to have their dog groomed, they would notice a chain being too tight. What did they say when they came to get him?

NRSG-U
02-26-2009, 02:40 PM
If you can't take the responsability, than you don't need to Adopt.......Animals or Children....:cool:

3 Dog Mama
02-28-2009, 06:46 AM
Farmers don't breed more calves than are needed or that can be cared for or sold. The same with goats and chickens and elephants...you get the point. And those are not (well at least not typically) the very creatures America claims to cherish as "Man's Best Friend". What I don't get is why the heck given public sentiment that the government doesn't step in and do some sort of regulation on the irresponsible overbreeding of dogs? Just look at it from the financial standpoint and the expense to individual counties across the nation. Look at the costs of dealing with all of those unwanted pets. The government could increase it's public image by taking a stand for Man's Best Friend and requiring some serious regulating of breeders. That regulating should take into account quality of life for the poor dogs being used in puppy mills or home breeding operations. Those dogs need love, handling, the outdoors and so much more. What is up with that anyway? It's like genocide where the government looks the other way and the people don't slap the government's face back in the direction of responsibility until they finally take some. Then let's take into account ditsy emotional purchases of dogs. These are living creatures who live a LONG time, not disposable purchases. They're like having a child who never grows up and out and will be dependent on you for their entire life. Has anyone heard about doing some deep soul searching before taking such a step? I've worked in dog rescue and it makes my heart break to see how "Man" often doesn't treat his best friend so well, which goes to show that humans are not as good as being best friends as dogs are.:mad:

kf5wd
02-28-2009, 07:27 AM
They don't regulate it because there is nothing in it for them. If they can find a way to benefit their career from regulating then they will. Missouri is a good example. There have been 3 puppy mills and over 300 dogs/cats rescued in the last two months. As far as I know there has been no outcry for regulation and even if there were it probably would not happen. Very sad that such operations are still allowed to exist.

3 Dog Mama
02-28-2009, 11:30 PM
It bothers me terribly that you say they don't regulate it because there's nothing in it for them, although I know you're right. No glory. No money. But what is so wrong is that it's a moral issue and addressing a moral wrong always has something in it for those who try to right the wrong. I still repeat it is like genocide and we need to slap the face of government as it looks away and ignores the plight of the dogs until government has to finally see and address the problem. I just hate this issue. To me it is incomprehensible to see what occurs. Sometimes I brainstorm trying to think of ways to fix this deplorable situation. Another thing that saddens me that I see more in Arkansas than where I live is how people just dump dogs and leave the confused animal wondering where it's master went. When I can get the dogs to come to me I pick them up, other times they won't come and I'm sure they don't live long alone in the brush.

jdelo
03-14-2009, 06:50 PM
It has been a very long time, months since i ventured on here, and i am so glad to hear that Jaz is good, and so sorry so many are stressed about all the ones that still need our help.

I still have the pom i rescued the day i left actually, and Jasper, and a new guy taken from a horder here in Florida where i am, cannot and will not stay away from these dogs. Our beloved Mollie, the chocolate lab, was put on to the other side where pain does not exist after finding a cancer tumer behind what we thought was an infected eye. She was 10, and we have them all and have had in the 22 ft Rv i have been traveling and living in. They sleep on the sofa in the thing, or else we cannot walk in it.

Someone catch me up on the powers that be that have my old job, that some may know i tried to get back, and was ignored, due to my attempt and success eventually of rescueing two dogs i bordered when i moved. They are happy campers in a home together, so i am proud to say, i found homes for all i took in in my short run, not by my self ever, so all of you still frustrated there, Hang in in there together and network it out, as we all need help and so do those doggies and kitties.

Hi to all above too!

Why no animals on here to adopt? or was just that my thing?:(