PDA

View Full Version : Favorite green products

daturasgarden
02-19-2009, 11:58 AM
I love Natures Guardian flea & tick control. We've used it on our dogs for two years now. It cost about $9 for (3) monthly capsules...compared to Frontline which is around $40.

What are some of your favorite green products?
I'm looking for a liquid laundry detergent...any recommendations?

MotherMoon12
02-19-2009, 12:07 PM
Curtis uses lavender scented Dawn dishwashing liquid on his dog to get rid of fleas. Sue suggested it and I think it works if done often enough.

celeste
02-19-2009, 12:32 PM
I also feed the powder from a lavender cap to my pets during the pest season. I take one cap at night to aid sleep & fend off skeeters, ticks & fleas. I believe it was Pennyroyal mentioned for pest control -- plant it around the house & garden. Avoid it if pregnant or nursing.

Dr. Bronner's makes all sorts of products, I love them! The following is $10 online, but Eureka Market, Bill's Pharmacy & Fain's carry it.

Dr. Bronner
Sal-Suds Biodegradable Cleaner
32 Fluid Ounces Liquid
DR-1009 #1195097 prod6996
Availability: Ships within 7 days Please use Search Box above for availability in other sizes.

Directions:
1. 1-1/2 teaspoons per gallon water will clean your whole house. 2. 1-1/2 teaspoons does a sink of dishes. 3. Pour some directly on fabric stains before washing. 4 Use a 1/4 cup for a load of laundry. 5. Use it for cars, floors, rugs, and any other surface that is safe in contact with water, even wood floors. 6. For extra heavy jobs, cut it in half or use it straight.

Other Ingredients:
Water, sodium lauryl sulfate, coco-betaine, lauryl glucoside, fir needle oil, spruce oil.

DaBee
02-19-2009, 12:39 PM
I love Dr. Bronners....especially showering. You can brush your teeth with it and it's the best product I've found to take the rust stains from my shower walls. The container is great reading, too :).
I buy it in bulk (take my own container and they tare weigh it) at Ozark Natural Foods in Fayetteville.

daturasgarden
02-20-2009, 09:45 AM
Vinegar! Gotta love the hundreds of ways you can use vinegar...
http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/homemaking/vinegar.html
www.vinegartips.com

JohnWalterM
02-20-2009, 10:18 AM
I shared this on another thread some months back but it bears repeating; boiling water will kill those weeds along the driveways, buildings, sheds, fences etc that peaople typically use chemicals on.
This doesn't sound like much, but, I never use windex or vinegar on the mirror in the bathroom.
I keep a rag handy and when the glass gets steamed over, which is everytime I shower, I simply take the rag and wipe the glass clean and it comes out perfect. No streaks.