PDA

View Full Version : A gift

grundune
05-28-2009, 07:13 PM
Since it is my birthday, I'd like to give everyone else a gift - of knowledge. I download lots of free books from this site. All you have to do to download them is to get a user name and a password. http://www.scribd.com/

Lately I have been reading everything on scribd that I can find by Neville Goddard.
So far I have found 10 books and lectures written by him. This particular one is the only one that is not downloadable so far, but you can read it at the site. http://www.scribd.com/doc/11640303/At-Your-Command-Neville-Goddard-Picture-Book

So far I think "The Law and the Promise" is his best book, but then I am not finished reading them all. Neville Goddard was a Christian mystic, who looked at the bible in a whole different way than normal. If you want to know more about him, his story is here. http://nevillegoddard.wwwhubs.com/

It reminds me of the Secret, only with a lot more to it. Hope you enjoy it.

PMilam
05-28-2009, 11:26 PM
Knew I liked you from the start.. today is my eldest daughter's bd.

Sounds interesting. I like things/books/concepts that question the way the bible was a mish mash of ego maniacal men that wanted to influence this new cash cow.. Christianity.
I really enjoyed the Course in Miracles, and some offshoots of that. It is a perspective that makes a lot more sense to me, from a man that was saying... that book got it wrong about me, and what I am saying would be the way to live.

Remove the heavy burden of guilt, starting with the young.. going to confession at 6.. what 6 yr old knowingly, willingly does something so bad that he might not get to heaven if he doesn't tell the priest.. in the confessional?

I look into it. Thanks.

grundune
05-29-2009, 05:47 AM
Thanks Patt, I've always liked you too. Is that Robin? Wish her a happy Birthday for me. I had thought of you when I was reading Goddard. Remembered you had someone earlier in your life who had helped you to see the Bible in a different way.
I started out Lutheran as a kid, Pentacostal as a teen, then left it completely in my twenties. Since, have studied conciousness for almost 30 years, reading everything I could. So far Goddard has been a step back to my beginning and more the way the Bible should have been taught. I'm finding that being told since childhood that my imagination was too wild and out of control, that it is hard to actually focus it again. One of those, so simple, that it's hard scenarios.

I'd be interested in hearing your opinion or anyone's who checks into his books. Since I am not done with all of them, my jury is still out. As with everything, I will take what is felt to be true, and leave the rest.

DaBee
05-29-2009, 08:46 AM
Thank you for the gift, grundune. I have signed up, and, if not too distracted with all of the other possibilities, will begin looking into Neville Goddard. Your religious background sounds a lot like mine. I've been studying Buddhism at a leisurely pace, and though it can be quite simple, I find much that try to complex it up. This might just be a good balancer for me.

PMilam
05-29-2009, 04:47 PM
It was Loretta's birthday. Amazing to gaze upon your "child" that is 44 years old. To think back on all that we have lived through.. it is amazing.

I'm glad that you remembered that.. I still believe that at one time the bible had more truths about the life of that one called Jesus and what he was trying to convey.
As always, man steps in and uses good people and good ideas for their own greed.

I have not read any of his stuff.. and I will.. right now.. it seems all I can do is keep up with what is happening right now. When it gets too hot to get out in the dirt, I will read again.

As always, it is good to have a "conversation" with you and Ms Bee.

DaBee
05-30-2009, 03:56 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I have started reading "The Power of Awareness" and that it has caught my attention full-on. Powerful and, to me so far....truth. I like being able to concur initially so that I don't go into a read with doubts. I'm aware of all possibilities, but the positivity of this is quite attractive to me.
Thanks, grundune.

grundune
05-30-2009, 05:56 PM
You're welcome DaBee. I'm almost done with 4 of them. I was just sitting here wondering exactly how much that I see in my life is something I can remember imagining, while I was waiting for Geekfest to load. I need to really experiment further. Let me know if things start happening for you, if you decide to put it into practice. Think I'm going to be trying a lot harder to really put it to the test, as he says.

DaBee
05-30-2009, 08:22 PM
I just wrote a long essay on my thoughts so far - it disappeared with the touch of a button. There's a lesson in that somehow, but I'm too pissy at the moment to reflect on it. :rolleyes:
I will tell you that I'm reading "The Secret of Imagining" right now.

DaBee
06-01-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm trying to get through "Your Faith is Your Fortune". If I could apply one word to describe it, that word would be .... redundant. Or maybe repetitive.
I enjoyed the premises of the 1st 2 readings. They remind me so much of Jerry and Esther Hicks "Abraham" works, which I was in the middle of reading when I started reading Goddard. There's also much similar to "The Power of Now" by Tolle.
I'm interested to know if you are going to read or are reading any of this, Patt.

PMilam
06-01-2009, 10:01 PM
I haven't .. not been on the computer as much as usual.. outside a lot..
I keep thinking that I just want to take the day to just sit in the swing chair and read... but, I keep jumping up to do something.. even with something as simple as NatGeo...

I really could use day of nothing.

I did a "piece" for a class once.. it was just a wooden crate, with a small mirror at the bottom, a squiggle of copper wire with a holy rock hanging from it, and a torn out desk calender page that says "There is not enough nothing in it".
It was done at the time when 3 kids were still home.. teens.. it was busy... and... it's much different.. quieter.. but, still, there does not be enough time for "nothingness"... meditation.. reading, soul searching.
Sometimes I think I'm running away from it. Not sure what I'm running away from.. or maybe I'm running towards.

who knows.. I must sleep.

DaBee
06-01-2009, 10:22 PM
I do know what you mean, Patt. That deep quiet with nothing pulling at my conscious is what I crave so much of the time. I suppose that it's what meditation is about. I'd like to be able to function in a walking meditation state.
It seems like, at our age, it is hard to step out of the role of being in demand. We, ourselves, are the perpetrators; is what I am finding more often than not.
It really is time for a camping trip.

PMilam
06-02-2009, 12:14 PM
I am so looking forward to gathering with my women friends and sisters over in the old country.

I really, really need sittin' n talkin' time.. with no digging or hoeing involved.. of course there will be gardens there too.

Meditation is something I have never quite been able to do.. I've tried it sitting standing walking running.. and lying down.
The closest I ever came, my teacher said.. call the puppy (thoughts) quietly back.. don't scold, just settle back down.. my puppy is just like Gonzai.. he'll be good til I turn my back.