PDA

View Full Version : 6/15 TimeBank Update: Open Meeting 6/22 at Library Annex

Aquene
06-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Hi TimeBankers,

Kate Lucariello in Hospital

If you haven't heard, TimeBanker and former Treasurer Kate Lucariello was injured in a head-on collision on Monday 6/8. She is currently at Washington Regional Medical Center in Fayetteville
Mary Wise spoke briefly with Kate who said she will probably be having surgery on Monday 6/15 and will be there for a couple of days afterward.
Please hold Kate in your thoughts. When she gets home she and Panda may need some assistance from TimeBankers. Her ankle was injured and she will likely be having some difficulty walking. Her email address is on her TimeBank profile page, if you would like to send her a Get Well Soon message.

UPCOMING EVENTS:

TIMEBANK OPEN MEETING

“GETTING INVOLVED”

We have scheduled a TimeBank Open Meeting for all members at the Library Annex on Monday, June 22 beginning at 6:30 PM. We will be focusing on the benefits of becoming an active participant and learning how to better use the TimeBank system. We will have a hard copy or two of the User's Manual to share and we will be demonstrating for you how the TimeBank system works, using a WiFi, digital camera, laptop and whatever else we can come up with that will help to make the process easier and more enjoyable for you. If you have been having any difficulties with the website, bring your email address, your password and your problems to this event, and we will help you sort it out.
We will provide some healthy finger food snacks and you are welcome to bring some too. Please bring your own cup and dish.
We are hoping this event will really help to boost TimeBank participation, as we suspect that some of you have been holding back simply because you don't know how to use the website.
Please join us and if you have any suggestions as to how we can better assist you, just let us know. We know that TimeBank is a great idea and we really want to help you make it work!!

PAST EVENTS

Please let us know if you attended the annual Carroll Electric Co-op meeting so we can give you TimeBank volunteer credit. The list I have of attendees so far is Becky Gillette, Will and Susie Enselin, Tasha and Blayne.

MEMBERSHIP ACTIVITY

New Transactions

Provider: Julianne Hammock gave Jay Vrecenak a beauty treatment.

Alexa Pittenger gave Natalie Mannering a Reflexive Relaxation massage.

Jay Vrecenak provided Susan Simler with 1 hour of pet boarding.

Thanks everyone for participating!

HELPFUL TIMEBANK LINKS

TimeBank Members can login at:

http://community.timebanks.org/login.php?gid=233

VERY IMPORTANT: CHECK THE MENU IN THE UPPER RIGHT HAND CORNER ON YOUR PROFILE PAGE FOR THE TABS “GIVE AND RECEIVE” AND “QUICK LINKS”. THE FIRST WILL TAKE YOU TO A LIST OF SERVICE CATEGORIES. CLICK ON THE SERVICES YOU WOULD LIKE TO GIVE OR RECEIVE AND ENTER YOUR INFORMATION SO THE OTHER MEMBERS CAN VIEW IT EASILY. “QUICK LINKS” WILL TAKE YOU TO THE USER'S MANUAL, WHICH WILL HELP YOU TO NAVIGATE THE WEBSITE. IT'S EASY ONCE YOU GET STARTED.

If you have friends who are interested in joining us, they can go here for info on the International Time Bank:

http://www.timebanks.org

and here for instructions on how to sign up with the local Eureka Springs Time Bank chapter:

http://community.timebanks.org/jointb.php?gid=233

Check out the Sustainable Living forum for Time Bank updates at:

http://www.geekfest.com

Need help or have questions or feedback? Call Natalie at 479 365 3124 or email onawah@gmail.com

Need to pay your annual membership fee of $10? Make your check payable to Eureka Springs Time Bank and mail to Patrice Gros, 10 Woolridge, Eureka Springs, AR. 72632
(The fee goes to the corporate TimeBank for the Community Weaver software that we use.)

For information about volunteering for TimeBank credits, email Mary Wise at: robinr43@juno.com
or call 479 363-9879

Have a great week, TimeBankers!

DaBee
06-15-2009, 07:34 AM
Thanks, Aquene. I'm going to try to attend this time. Maybe y'all can help me determine what it is I can list as my volunteering part now that I'm not able to be as physical as in the past. That's what's keeping me from participating. This is a wonderful organization and our local chapter is quite vital. Anything that Mary Wise is a part of is going to be top notch, though!

Aquene
06-15-2009, 12:44 PM
DaBee, I look forward to seeing you at the meeting, and I'm sure you will find that you have skills and talents that others will find of value. Sometimes just a reliable presence is all that's needed. As for needing to be physically active, it's not necessarily so. For example, Mary Wise is teaching crocheting, and many of the members are just offering to give rides, tutor, housesit or petsit, and so on. None of these demand a high degree of skill or strength, but they are all needed services which can be very expensive if you have to purchase them in the conventional marketplace.
Last but not least, it's a great way to build community and make friends.