PDA

View Full Version : need a good home for Dog

Kepfords
07-22-2009, 11:27 AM
She is very sweet. Has been raised in the country. Good guard dog. Is part Lab was a good shepherd puppy.

We have back problems and can no longer get her into town for the vet and grooming.

Must find a good home. She is very loving.

Have never had problems with coons, deer, or any other critter. She protects her territory very well from unwanted visitors.

She also loves the water and going fishing with you.

Kepfords@earthlink.net

eurekadeb
07-23-2009, 09:32 PM
can you post pics of dog ?How old? Does she get along with other dogs? More details please.

Kepfords
07-24-2009, 08:30 AM
I tried to post pics but didn't have any success.

She was just at Pet Junction for grooming Wednesday and they could answer some of your questions because I am of course biased.

She is a very loving dog and would sit and let you pet her as long as you could stand it. She has lived all her life in the country so I have had no need for a leash. She loves boat rides, it doesn't matter if your fishing or taking pictures she just loves the water. She is between 8-9 years old. I keep a kiddie pool in the yard just for her, she loves the water and when she gets hot she will go lay down in her pool to cool off. (we don't have air)
Because she is part lab she has a very thick undercoat and I take her once a year to be groomed just to get that undercoat out. She knows nothing about roads and cars. We live on a dirt road but she mostly stays around the house, sometimes she goes to our neighbors pond for a swim but that is as far as she goes. she loves to go on walks and like I said is very protective, she especially loves women most but any one will do when she wants to be petted.

She has gotten to know the ups man but still barks to let us know someone is here then he gives her a cookie and she follows him until he leaves. I don't know if that is because she wants another cookie or she wants to make sure he doesn't hang around, could be both.

If I hadn't hurt my back I would not be looking for a home for her. My truck is 4-wheel and she can't get in without my help. She loves to go for rides, doesn't matter where as long as she is with you.

I could go on and on. I love her very much and this is very painful for me. I've tried for a couple of years to cope with the situation but it is getting harder for me. My back has gotten to the point that I'm going to physical therapy trying to avoid any kind of surgery.

Sorry I didn't mean to write a book.

I finally figured out how to load pictures. Hope these help.

lichen
08-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Hey you can't guage the companionship of a good dog. I sure do understand, and hope you find a good home for her!