PDA

View Full Version : Sad story..

kf5wd
08-26-2009, 02:47 PM
This beautiful girl suffered a broken left front foot after being thrown from a vehicle when just a kitten. Although she made her way to a house and was fed, she was never given medical attention so her foot healed in an akward position. She was allowed to have two litters before being rescued and her broken foot attended to. It is healed now but in the akward position. She doesn't know it is crooked and goes about her business like nothing ever happened. She is very sweet and needs a good home as an inside cat since she would be at risk outside. If you have a place for her or know someone who needs a loving companion that has had more than her share of neglect, please visit her at GSHS animal shelter. Her name is Jeni, #104, she is 2 yrs. old, spayed and is in the Light House. Sadly, her chance for adoption is hampered because of her deformity.

http://i29.tinypic.com/14sp37q.jpg

lichen
09-03-2009, 04:25 PM
How much are kitties?

queenie
09-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Lichen,
Our adoption fees for a kittie/cat are the same. $50.00 this includes spay or neuter and rabies shots. Now there is different times of the year that we will have and adoption incentive month to help promote adoptions. During this time our adoption fees are usually lowered. Like right now adoption of any cat that has been at the shelter 6 months or longer has discounted adoption fee of $30.00. Pretty good deal if you ask me. Hope you decide to come on out and see if a kitty is calling your name.

JET
09-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Emily came from GSHS and what a bargin she has been. The best money I've ever spent.

kf5wd
09-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Yea!! Jeni was adopted this past week. But we still have so many nice cats/kittens that need homes. One of them is Katie. She came to the shelter in May after losing here home of 7 years. She craves being held and petting so much. She is spayed and declawed and so must be an inside cat. She is one of the most affectionate cats I have seen. She would be perfect for a lonely or stay-at-home person. Please give her consideration.

http://i25.tinypic.com/2n0kbwl.jpg

Sarah Moore
09-17-2009, 07:10 AM
If Ken says Katie is one of the most affectionate cats he has ever seen, she is pretty special. :cool: That would be from among literally thousands of cats he has dealt with over the years - She is a real beauty and hope she finds a home soon.

HEART
09-27-2009, 08:58 PM
...i would LOVE a kitty...but i have birds and want them to be able to fly freely...do you have any kitties that are bird friendly...hoping...xo

kf5wd
09-29-2009, 08:58 AM
Cats by nature will try to catch birds (or anything else that is small and moves). Some cats seem to never catch birds (even though they may try) while others are very successful at it. Cats are better pets if they stay indoors. They live longer and get used to being indoors. Some will always want out while others would have to be pushed out. The average lifespan of outdoor cats is less than 7 years while it is 16 years for inside cats. Also they bond with people more closely if indoor cats.

kf5wd
09-29-2009, 09:02 AM
As I said before Katie is the most loving cat I have ever known. She is in a pen by herself because she is declawed and is so grateful for any attention she gets. She is not doing well at the shelter and needs a loving home. Please, if you or someone you know can give this girl an inside home she will be a loving companion.