PDA

View Full Version : free lemon grass

Earthlover
09-24-2009, 10:41 AM
We have some free lemon grass to give away from my partner's garden in Mississippi. He brought back a bunch but it needs to be dried, refrigerated or used right away because it could start molding in this damp weather. Come by 19 Kimberling St. (home of the infamous bamboo trellises) below the library off Bridge or Hillside, yellow house with big garden. Call first to make sure someone is home or just take some off the porch. I have some with roots if you wanna grow your own, but I don't think it overwinters here. You would have to protect it in the winter. 253-6963

Becky

Blurb on lemon grass:

Lemon grass makes a great tea for the sinuses, and also alleviates indigestion and promotes blood circulation while helping remove cholesterol and excess fats. Lemon grass is a good cleanser that helps to detoxify the liver, pancreas, kidney, bladder and the digestive tract. It has a calming effect and can relieve insomnia. It is also popular in Thai and Vietnamese cooking. To make a tea, wash and put the lemon grass in a pot of water, simmer for about 5 minutes with the lid on, and enjoy! Can add honey if you like. Good cold, too.

DaBee
09-24-2009, 11:02 AM
Thanks for bringing this up. I wondered about bringing in my lemongrass plant for the winter - or maybe dividing it, repotting a smaller portion and drying the rest. Have you dried it in a dehydrator or let it hang?
It's great in a lemongrass/ginger tea.....cures all that ails ye!