PDA

View Full Version : Nafalia Update

Jeannie Jones
01-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Our friend is back in St. John's in Spfld, with a brain tumor, the root of the increase in severity of her migrainous vertigo. Won't have surgery, which might cost her her last bit of sight, is very weak, doesn't feel she could survive it. Phone 417-820-7000, ext. 6217. On another level she may still be lingering here to connect with you, so if you feel the urge to call, follow it. Her attitude is good.

Becky Davis
01-08-2010, 08:58 PM
thanks Jeannie...kisses to her.

PMilam
01-08-2010, 09:28 PM
It is sad to hear this.. perhaps she is not far from ease and peace.
It's been a long hard road for her.
I will call tomorrow.

celeste
01-08-2010, 11:22 PM
Sending the peace & serenity of our snow drenched town to St. John's room 6217. Angels know where to go dancing tonight - on Nafalia's bedpost!

artteacher
01-08-2010, 11:32 PM
We are with you there tonight, sweet Nafalia,,,Holding you safe in our hearts,,,,Love to you,,,

Becky Davis
01-09-2010, 08:53 AM
It has been a long hard road and she has traveled it with valor.
Jeannie thank you for being there for her. Thank you for letting us know.
Love you.
I know things are difficult with your Mother right now. Please give her a hug and let her know your friends are thinking of her and I hope she feels well soon.
Take care of Jeannie too, please.

DaBee
01-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Closing my eyes and going within to be at that place with you, Nancy Nafalia.

Jeannie Jones
01-09-2010, 01:18 PM
I've got Nafalia on the phone from the hospital. Her words begin now:

I suppose I could go into great detail of all the pro's and con's and this and that's, but there's really no reason to do that, for most of you have either touched on or been on every step of this road with me for many years, so I will just simply tell you briefly and to the point that I was told by the neurosurgeon this morning that I have 3 to 6 months, and then I will return to from whence I came, the light of Spirit and the oneness of all things.

I am at total peace and tranquility, and when told the news, a calmness entered within me which I have never felt, so I know all is well. I don't have a problem discussing it, but I see no reason to when there are so many more important things to talk about.

For all my spiritual family that have been/are/will be with me, my eternal universal love opens my heart to receive and say thank you, and if anyone wants to call, the sound of your voice will be that of the angels.

As above, so below,

Nafalia

Jeannie Jones
01-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Nafalia said that I might fill some details if I wanted to, so I'll tell you that not only are there lesions and tumors in the brain, but it's in the lungs as well. I would say "damn cancer", but who am I to judge the universal plan? The neurosurgeon agreed with her decision not to have any surgery or treatment, and will set her up with hospice care. He told her that she would feel no pain. She will probably be released from the hospital Monday, unless the doc who admitted her checks in on his computer this weekend and orders her to be released sooner. He has her on complete bed rest.

Becky Davis
01-10-2010, 03:38 AM
Thanks Jeannie..I wil pm you for a phone number at her home.

PMilam
01-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Jeannie, could you pm her home # to me, also.. I got caught up in mind chatter yesterday.. got things done that needed to be done for a long time!! But didn't call!

It's an interesting thing that happens... we fear the worst when we get sick... and once the diagnosis is in.. at least for me.. I was totally accepting.. what ever is meant to be.. will be... and I was at peace.

I'm glad to know that she is. She has suffered so much.. and been such a source of strength to all of us. Amazing woman... Spirit.

Jeannie Jones
01-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Message from Nafalia:

I am always astounded when somebody says that I have been a great source of strength and inspiration to others, because from where I stand it seems as though I have just been doing what I needed to do, and that all my strength came from the people who are sending it to me. Only when someone mentions the fact that I have been a source does it even cross my mind.

I always see myself as a receptor, not a sender, even though I send out energy and love to all my spirit family and others. It was from you all that I was able to receive enough to do that. I guess you could say I've just viewed this whole situation as life processing itself through me in this particular case, and didn't realize it had touched so many people. At times I even felt selfish because I felt that I was receiving and not giving back.

As you all know, in the past 7 years it seems like I was always coming to this special place and saying.. well, this is what's going on.. and asking for your love and energy and never ever being refused.

I feel humble at the presence of so many beautiful people, wonderful spirits who have been there for me for ever so long, and I know will continue to be, even beyond the end.

I love you all very much,

Nafalia

mtnviewsteve
01-10-2010, 03:18 PM
~So sorry to hear this but still focusing the Prism LiGhT magnifier in your direction Nafalia~How much longer will you be @ the hospital phone #? Care to post home phone for contacting you after you are released from the hospital~Sacred Circle Blessings Always~
Love,
Steve & Maletha

DaBee
01-10-2010, 05:27 PM
To talk to you and hear your voice, Nancy, has been my gift.

love and light
deb

MotherMoon12
01-10-2010, 07:01 PM
Love, light, peace, and wonder from here.

mtnviewsteve
01-13-2010, 06:37 PM
~Love and LiGhT Nancy~Hope Spirit finds you home and resting~We ALL Love you so and only want the very best for you~as Always~

Jeannie Jones
01-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Sigh.. she had a very rough day today. She was out of bed for 5-10 min. today (well, she HAS to feed herself and use the bathroom) and the pressure and pain in her head was so intense that she took Dilaudid, Valium and Tylenol and that barely knocked the edge off it.. it was with her all day long. The nurse felt that it was growing rapidly. Nafalia spoke with Dr. Sharlin for about an hour on the phone tonight and they both feel that she won't have the luxury of 3 months more.

The only thing that could give her some relief is a steroid, and she doesn't tolerate steroids well. In the past, they've caused her to have grand mal siezures and they make her blood pressure drop severely, and her bp is already abnormally low. It would be taken orally 3x a day. She still spends much of her time alone. Damned if she do, damned if she don't. Dr. Sharlin couldn't even make a recommendation. He is heartsick.

The Hospice nurse wanted to order the steroids tonight, but Nafalia said she'd rather sleep on it first. Please keep her with you at this difficult time. I know you will.

Love to all,

JJ

Oh.. sorry.. forgot to tell you that she was released from the hospital Monday.

Lamb Choppe
01-13-2010, 10:28 PM
Steroids are tough. I'm having trouble with being on them now. That's a tough decision for anyone, particularly Nafalia in her current condition. I wish her strength and serenity in making that choice.

artteacher
01-13-2010, 11:02 PM
Sweet painless sleep be yours, Nafalia,,,,I know you are in a dark room, but light and love surrounds you,,,,:kiss:

PMilam
01-13-2010, 11:05 PM
Rest, sweet angel woman. You are in the arms of love.

Annie2
01-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Nancy, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I see you surrounded with love and light.

Jeannie Jones
01-14-2010, 03:05 PM
Nafalia with words from "the front":

Had a very rough night last night and an even rougher morning. Had several attacks. At this point in time, things have eased up just a little bit for a while, so I'll take this opportunity to post something to my beloved spiritual family.

My loving daughter Charla is here with me and is going to spend the night, and I'm sure she'll be doing that quite a lot.

Last night was so rough that I came to a realization that it was time to bring in the hospital bed, and thanks be for Hospice, a phone call and it's all in the works. They will be sending me out one of the newer hospital beds with the air mattress on it, which is like laying on a cloud, and that will be early next week.

I'm giving all my living room furniture to my daughter and the bed will be set up in the living room. That frees MY bed for my daughters or my sister or whoever is staying with me at times, and besides, it's gotten to the point where it's hard for me to get in and out of my bed. The hospital bed wil take care of those issues.

Hospice is having Lifeline installed at 12:30 tomorrow. I think that's all that's in the works right now with Hospice besides the administration of medicine and the bi-weekly checkup.

Now get this, folks.. while on the phone with Jeannie posting I get a call that they're on the way with the hospital bed! I told them they'd have to wait a couple of days while I get things arranged. These Hospice folks don't fool around! With this organization it truly is "ask and you will receive"!

That's about all I can think of at this time, going on just dealing with trying to keep as many of the attacks down as I can by remaining in bed most of the time. I guess any further news, if I don't give it to you, Jeannie will.

By the way, I had tater tots today :)

Even though this journey is very hard right now, I am a very lucky girl. I have so much love and light and positive spirits around me, and love coming from members of my family that I haven't had in years. The Universe has truly blessed me with so much comfort at this time.

'Til we speak again, I'll hold you all close to me, therefore I can never ever be alone,

Nafalia

PS: I just want to say that at this time, having my daughters with me is the greatest gift of all!!! :whitehorse:

PMilam
01-14-2010, 05:06 PM
I'm so glad to hear that your girls are there for you. It makes a huge difference to have a loved one close by.
What are the attacks? Pain, dizziness?

I made it just fine thru my colonoscopy.. tho the prep drink caused me to throw up.. I thought I might not be able to do the procedure... but, he said as long as my bms were clear, it was ok.. so, thank goodness there was no need to repeat that shit.. literally. :)

I wish there was something that I could do, besides keep you in my heart and prayers. I'm glad you are getting a cloud to sleep upon, princess... no peas, please. Remember that old fairy tale?
In Austin, in the very olden days, there were summer programs in all the city parks. One year we lived across the street from one. (we moved a lot) I enrolled in the "drama" program.. imagine that... and I was chosen to play the princess. It was my first and last starring role. Though, one time, in grade school.. catholic.. I played the devil.. had a red costume, tail, pitchfork, etc. My part was to run through the audience yelling something I don't recall now. My mother said my face was as red as my costume.

That was about it for my acting career.

May love, peace and comfort be your constant companions.
love to you,
Patt

DaBee
01-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Tater Tots!!! I bet they were so yummy!!!

The new mattresses on the hospital beds are incredible. You'll be so much more comfortable with all of the different positions, also.
I don't know what the spells are that you speak of, but know that if you mention them, they must be pretty awful. I can only think of the horrible vertigo that you've had the last couple of years. I'm grateful that your daughter will be there to hold your hand through them now. Please tell her that your friends are so happy that she is there with you....she is a wonderful person - much like her Mom, I'm sure.
Just gonna perch myself on the top right edge of the door frame and hold vigil - giving you a wink every now and then....be sure to wink back ;)!
Peace and ease and love, dear Nafalia.
deb

Lamb Choppe
01-15-2010, 07:46 AM
Nafalia, your spirit and humor are just awesome. You have true class and grace. My best wishes and prayers for you to ease your attacks and be comfortable.

Becky Davis
01-15-2010, 07:02 PM
I talked with Nafalia a moment today. She sounded better than I expected. A little sleepy. Her spirits are good. I couldn't talk too long. Wouldn't have anyway, but I got a tickle in my throat and started coughing. I hate that. Last thing she needed was to listen to me hack in her ear.
Said she gets up, but can't stay up long because the pressure in her head builds and begins to ache. What a doll.

Teresa DeVito
01-15-2010, 09:27 PM
She emanates peace. How beautiful. Peace and ease, Nafalia.

Annie2
01-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Hospice is wonderful. I so believe in pain relief, be damned "recommended dosages." Words seem so inadequate, like meaningless platitudes. I'll keep a special candle lit and pray you have comfort and peace.

mtnviewsteve
01-16-2010, 06:59 PM
~As you journey Nancy, a peace of each of us goes with~

MotherMoon12
01-16-2010, 07:08 PM
Love, light, comfort, and ease from here.

Becky Davis
01-16-2010, 09:49 PM
She does not have someone with her all of the time. She is able to get up and do some things for herself...just can't be up too long. Her daughter is with her when she is not working. She seems at peace and totally unafraid.
I had not read that she is getting a hospital bed. I'll bet that will be wonderful help.
I would love to see some Eureka pictures of her.

artteacher
01-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Thinking of you, sweet Nafalia!,,,,How wonderful that your getting to eat the food you love now!,,,I hope your new bed is stuffed to the brim with only the softest rose petals,,,,,:kiss:

Cindy Lou Who
01-18-2010, 06:21 AM
Nafalia I have never met you but have read your post alot. You are my hero. Wishing you love and light.....

Jeannie Jones
01-19-2010, 03:12 PM
Many apologies for taking so long to get back to y'all! Heeeeere's Nafalia!:

Well, I suppose the best place to start is to explain the attacks. When I am up, and if I'm up very long, that increases the circulation. With that, the swelling of the tumor is increased and then suddenly it's like there's a jackhammer in my head, and after that it seems like the 4th of July seems to go off in my head. The pain is excruciating, the intensity and the colors and the lights and all the strange and weird geometrical neon colors flashing all around is pretty intense. :crazyeyes: My average time that I'm able to be up is maybe 10-15 minutes. At times, even just talking or laughing will do the same thing.

I've found a method of minimizing the attacks and calming them down quicker and have spoken with my wonderful neurologist, and he says that if what I'm doing works, then it's a good thing. When I feel the pressure begin to build in the back of my head, I head for the bed, take some Dilaudid, Valium and Tylenol, get very quiet, stay warm, and allow it to process itself and then be done with for the time being.

Some days I have one right after the other and other days I may not have but 1 or 2 a day. I guess it all depends on how quickly the circulation picks up when I'm up and around, and of course bending over would be totally out of the question and would be insane to even think about it. Also, I keep a low level of Dilaudid in my system at all times now.

When Dr. Sharlin called me on Monday (he says he will call me 2-3 times a week), I told him that the headaches were no longer headaches but were attacks now, and he said he was not surprised. I also told him that I am beginning to feel some swelling in the left side of my head in the occipital area now as well. No surprises there either. When the attacks are severe and come several in a day, I lose a little vision.. they're very damaging to the occipital area and to the eyes.

That is the best way I can explain the attacks and how they feel and how they affect my life. I can feel them coming, but my daughter Charla says that she can actually see them when they're starting in me, and she is the only one who has seen the full effect that they have on me. When they're over, I'm totally drained afterwards and the rest of the day is spent in the bed lying down.

Speaking of the bed, yes they did bring me a wonderful bed! It's a very pretty one and fits into the decor of my living room perfectly. As I told my niece, I may have to have a hospital bed, but if it's going to be a hospital room it's going to be a damn nice one! The bed is wonderfully comfortable, the air mattress is like a cloud, and I bought Egyptian linen sheets for it, so it is definitely a delight to have.

It's funny that you speak of the Princess and the Pea, Patt, because all my life my sister has told me that I have to be the princess that has the pea under the mattress, because I have never been able to stand wrinkles in the bed! They are very uncomfortable to my skin and the rest of my body. And it's been this way since I was a child. I used to wake my sister up every night in the middle of the night to straighten out the wrinkles in the bed, to the point that she hated me and said that she never had a night's sleep til I left home! I don't know why it's that way, but it's always been that way, and my family has joked about it all my life, that I literally made a sleepwalker out of my little sister over wrinkles in the bed! We still laugh about it today.

Becky, it was wonderful to hear you coughing in my ear, because in between the coughs I heard your voice, and it was as if the angels were singing especially to me. It just so happened it was an angel who had a cold. :kiss:

My daughter Charla who's here with me now when she's not at work is such a delight and has put her life on hold just so she can take care of her mom. My daughter Sonja and granddaughter Desiree will be here from Texas for an indefinite period of time, most likely by Saturday, and at that time will not only give Charla a break, but from that point on I will have someone with me 24/7. Desiree is 15 and has been home schooled since the 4th grade, so there is no time limit or time line that Sonja has to adhere to. So you see, my spirit family, not only are you looking after me, but the angels have surrounded me and are holding me ever so gently on cloud 9.

All my needs, wants and desires have been and will continue to be fulfilled. I have no dis-ease with this disease, and am very peaceful and tranquil, except for the pain, and even at that I can remain peaceful and tranquil. As the process continues, of course it's going to manifest in many different ways, but that's what Hospice and Dr. Sharlin will be taking care of. When the time comes, of course the drugs will get heavier, but we're not there yet. I'll just deal with that when it comes. One thing about it, when you're terminal they take you off the cheap narcotics and put you on the good drugs! :cheerleader:

I guess at this point I'll just close out this post by saying that my bed is positioned perfectly to be watching the top righthand corner of my door, so I'm sure I'll see, feel and experience each and every one of you at times. What more can a girl ask for?! My mother always said "It's a good life if you don't weaken", so I have to say that I may be in a weakened state, but it's still a damn good life.

I believe in my heart that each and every one of you know there are no words I can use to tell you how important you are to me, or to express how grateful I am that I have the opportunity to be a member of this very special spiritual family.

As we will it, so shall it be,

Nafalia

PS: Please feel free to call at any time, if you so desire. I so look forward to hearing from anyone who chooses to call. It is very important and a great pleasure to me to know that I can hear your sweet voice. If I'm not able to talk, one of my daughters will be here to speak for me. 417-877-8428

Becky Davis
01-19-2010, 08:04 PM
There are no words that we can express our sorrow at losing you Nafalia. I will miss you even though I haven't even laid eyes on you except for pictures! This cyber love is something else. I truly love you.
I said I would love for Jeannie to post some pictures of you..while and after you were in Eureka. I want to see your face.
And I honestly want that face to haint me if possible.
Is Dr. Sharlin the doctor who works with Carolyn Myss? Hasn't he written a book on holistics? I think it is wonderful that he calls on you and yall talk for so long each week. What a wonderful doctor he must be and his love is evident.
As is Ms Jeannie's. I am so glad we have her to speak for you. She is a blessing to us.
I am greatly comforted that your daughter is with you. Please give her a hug.

PMilam
01-20-2010, 08:59 AM
Isn't it funny and wonderful how a simple memory from one life, can directly reflect on another? Princess and the pea.. had not thought of that in years.. and it just popped into my head.
No coincidences?
I'm so glad that your daughters are with you. That is a blessed relief. I could not stand to think of you there, without beloveds.
I thought that Deb and I might make a quick trip up there this week. But.. I'm hoarding my energy for nursing, here at home. Craig is having 7 teeth removed on Fri. bone grafts, a partial.. all in preparation for implants. Our dentist, a dear friend, passed on about 7-8 yrs ago.. and Craig let his teeth go with him! I finally got him in, and the news was shocking. Anyway.. I'll nurse him thru the weekend, then on Tues. my eldest, Loretta is having a full blown hysterectomy. She has a 7cm cyst on one ovary. At 44, there is more chance of cancer, than of saving hormones.. so, I'll be with her when she goes home.

She is totally at ease, too.. well, nervous, but not afraid.. even of cancer. Her husband was diagnosed about 3 mo. before I was.. so she has been thru it with both of us.

I really don't care for phone talk.. but, I will work myself up to calling in the next day or two. Funny.. I used to love to talk on the phone.. now, it is almost a phobia with me.. weird.

Did you ever have migraines? The attacks sound similar to a migraine.. only much more severe. I still get the ocular stuff.. the flashing lights.
We had a friend that lived with brain cancer for 11 years. He was an inspiration. He was one of Craig's hiking buddies. I had the great fortune to go along, on his last hike. At that point, he only had the very center of his sight... he could only see a little strip, straight ahead.
I'm not much of a long distance hiker.. and a bit slow.. so, we were great hiking partners. We went to Canyonlands... he was happy, blissful, even, to be there.
His wife gave me his medicine bag when he left. It is at my bedside now.

He was surrounded by his family when he went on to other dimensions.. as always, filled with love.

I sure am gabby this morning! We had a delightful spring like rain last night, along with thunder! This morning it is clear and already 57! I've been walking, since the ice melted.. wandering around this new land we are on.. wondering on the neighbors land, too! I feel so blessed to have the energy to do that.. and feel my strength building.

Two granddaughters were here this weekend.. funny, brilliant rays of light... in fact... I'll have to post on photo.. Jade says she is the Sun Queen...

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n170/Riverwoman616/kids/IMG_2248.jpg

Well, I'm ready to get something to eat now.. have a wonderful day with your girls, take great care and I'll "see" you soon.

much love and many prayers,
Patt

Jeannie Jones
01-23-2010, 10:15 PM
Just read Nafalia the latest posts and here is her reply:

Hi Becky, Dr. Sharlin does not work with Carolyn Myss to my knowledge, and I do not believe that he has written any books. I believe that if he had, he would have mentioned it to me. I'll be sure and ask him next time I speak with him.

My daughter Sonja has brought her digital camcorder and digital camera and webcam, so as soon as she's settled in and rested up, we're going to set everything up to where we can do a live person to person thing in a day or so. And she's going to take the camcorder through the house so those that want to see what I've done to this place will be able to. <way cool!!!...JJ> Desiree and Sonja are both high tech and love technology. That makes it really nice for me!

My daughter Sonja says that I'm just not good at minding and won't stay in the bed enough, because she can see how weak I am getting. It's not an intentional thing that I do, I just get up to do something and end up doing 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 things, and then I'm worn out and been up long enough that the swelling has gotten worse and then I have an attack. I am working on that issue, and I realize that I am growing weaker every day, but my mind just won't behave itself. It keeps telling me "Oh, just one more thing..". The last 2 days I've spent mostly in the bed just because I'm so weak, and that does cut down on the attacks.

I had forgotten to mention to everybody in the past that the neurosurgeon who saw me in the hospital said this tumor/lesion thing would bleed about 5 tsp. a day. This causes more swelling and more pressure as it accummulates. So I guess that gives you a pretty clear picture of what's taking place.

Having my daughters and my granddaughter here is a wonderful gift and gives me more relaxation and not so much to deal with. In all honesty, I did not realize how difficult it was before they got here! It just seems as if there is no energy left to draw from, and having my girls take care of everything for me keeps me from having to use what little energy I do have.

Quite honestly, I've been shocked at how fast this thing seems to be progressing and how tired and worn out a body can get and still get up and walk around. (If you call what I'm doing walking.. it feels as if I'm dragging myself.) At this time I don't have a whole lot more to say, except that I do love and appreciate each and every one of you and still feel that no matter what, up until our last breath, it's still a beautiful life.

Gosh, Patt, sure sounds like you're going through another round of it too! I will keep Craig and your daughter and you in my thoughts and prayers and send as much positive energy as I can, so please keep me updated through Jeannie.

Well, I'm running out of energy, so I'm going to close this post for now and wait til I hear from you again.

As above, so below,

Nafalia

Becky Davis
01-24-2010, 08:29 AM
Oh Nancy, I was thinking of Dr Norman Shealy. I got the names mixed. I think Dr Shealy is out of Springfield Mo though, so not far. My mistake.

artteacher
01-24-2010, 10:38 PM
I wanted to call you again, Nafalia,,,,I'm afraid when I call, I will wake you up when you are resting,,,If you see this, JJ, do you know what the best time of day to call Nafalia is?,,,Thanks,,,Boundless love to you, Nafalia,,,Sweet dreams be yours tonight,,,,

Jeannie Jones
01-25-2010, 01:42 AM
I think we'll have to wait and see, Artie.. today was absolutely HORrible for her. A fit of violent vomiting worsened the pressure which worsened the vomiting.. a viscious circle. She was so weak she couldn't get the cap off the medicine bottles, so her daughter has taken over the dosing. Thank God for her girls! We'll hope she feels better tomorrow, and the best we can do right now is to send her all the love, energy and light we can summon up.

PMilam
01-25-2010, 11:05 AM
oh.. I'm so sorry to hear this. There is a new anti-nausea med that is dissolved in the cheek. I hope they can get some. I know the cycle of head pain and vomiting.. it is the worst thing!!

Sending love and strength to Nafalia and her girls.

Jeannie Jones
01-25-2010, 12:41 PM
Patt, she was taking a half pill of the quick-dissolving anti-nausea med when the gag reflex kicked in and started the whole episode. Her pain pills were ejected, so she had to go through that whole attack unmedicated.

Daytimes are the most difficult for her. Maybe later we'll have an update from Essence. In the meantime, enfolding her in a soft pink cloud of love.

MotherMoon12
01-25-2010, 12:45 PM
Peaceful pink clouds embracing and surrounding.

PMilam
01-25-2010, 05:23 PM
yep... meds like that need to be taken the minute you feel it coming on.. I've thrown up many a anti-nausea pill!

I hate for her to be in such pain. I'm sure her docs will know what to do for her next. There are "cocktails".. morphine, anti nausea, and stimulant combos, that can be used.. when the patient is ready. The stimulant helps to stay awake, while the others do their job. These are usually last resort medications.

DaBee
01-25-2010, 10:23 PM
Was just thinking about you, Nafalia, and wanted to say nitey nite as I toddle off to my trundle bed.
It feels so right that your daughters are there with you now.
Love you.
deb

artteacher
01-25-2010, 10:45 PM
I'm taking you away with me tonight in my dreams, Nafalia,,,We are going to while away the hours at the sea, watching the waves crash and the clouds turn colors,,,There will no pain, just peace and the sound of the ocean around us,,,,

http://i42.tinypic.com/2hob7v8.jpg

Jeannie Jones
01-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Got Nafalia on the phone.. her words follow:

The Hospice nurse doubled my meds yesterday and added Lorazepam, and now instead of taking meds every 4 hours, I take them every 2 hours. It makes it rather hard on my daughter, because she has to get up every 2 hours to give me one or the other of the meds.. they're staggered. So she kind of sleeps in between, and then when I'm resting she tries to rest.

My daughter has to help me in and out of the bed now, and up and down out of the chair and I've lost 3 pounds since Sunday. My strength dwindles away very quicky it seems. All in all today, by doing the meds like we did, I didn't have any severe attacks.

I was so drugged because I'd taken so much every 2 hours all night and all day I felt like I had too much in my system. Sonja said, "Let's try this.. and if you promise to stay in bed and stay quiet, we'll miss 1 dose". Found out within 1 hour that that was a big mistake. The pain was instantly back, so we resumed the way we had been doing it, that the nurse told us to do it. So no more experiments!

Most of the day and night has been spent keeping me doped up and comfortable so I can sleep, and that way Sonja can sleep too.

Charla was here, but she was pretty worn out too. Desiree helps a lot because she keeps track of the scheduling of all the meds and when they're given.. and she's good at it, which helps a lot! She's very very thorough.

Sonja has been trying to find a little time to get on the computer since she got here and just hasn't been able to. It concerns me that my girls have so much to carry, but I guess that's just the way it is. They both seem to be holding up pretty well so far, but we're still early in the process.

When the Hospice nurse was here yesterday, Sonja spoke with her and told her how weak I was getting and how it was obvious that I was going downhill like a snowball headed for Hell, and she assured her it was just all a part of the process of the brain tumor.

Dr. Sharlin will return tomorrow (he's been out of town). He will be calling Sonja and I to talk to us, as I have questions I need to ask now, and he's had time to gather all the tests and MRI's and study them, and I'm ready to find out what phases and stages this thing is going to take.. we need to know.

Well, Spirit Family, at this point all I can say is we are getting along moment by moment and trying to get as much sleep and rest as possible. The weird part is I will doze off for 10-15 minutes and wake up thinking I've been asleep for hours!

If anyone wants to call, the best time is probably between 3PM and 7PM, and if I'm not able to talk, my daughters will talk for me.

I am going to close this post out, because I am starting to grow weak now.

Til next time,

Nafalia

mtnviewsteve
01-26-2010, 09:26 PM
...and again, the white wolves are standing guard at your side...

PMilam
01-27-2010, 09:43 AM
When you close your eyes to sleep or rest, give a thought to all of the people that love you, and are thinking of you at that moment.
We are surrounding you, with lovingkindness, comfort and peace.
Most of all, we are wrapping you in love.
Sleep well, Princess Nafalia.

DaBee
01-28-2010, 01:47 AM
Sweet dreams, sweet Nafalia. I'm looking forward to pics of your lovely home. From what you've told us throughout the years, I've got a picture in my mind. Would love to see if I'm any kind of close.
Surrounding your home and daughters and yourself with a blue glow this evening. It will feel like silk spun from the deep blue ocean.
Namaste, sweet sister.

Annie2
01-28-2010, 09:13 AM
Nancy, I'm thinking of when my daddy and I went through this..........
Your daughters need to care for you. It's just the way it is. Don't worry that they will get tired. Of course they will. But they would not be anywhere else. Let them care for you.
Take the damned drugs. Ask your Doc about "Brompton's Cocktail." It's a mix of cocaine and morphine. I don't know if it's even available now, but ask.
Know that you are in my heart and on my mind.

PMilam
01-28-2010, 09:10 PM
That is probably what I was thinking of.. that cocktail.
Eases the pain, and let's you be alert, too.

Sending love from the ice covered Lovely County.
Sweet dreams.

Jeannie Jones
01-29-2010, 03:20 PM
Just had a quick call from Nafalia. She's wondering if there's anyone anywhere who could give her girls a break.. haven't had a solid night's sleep in the week they've been there, getting up every 2 hrs to give her her meds. I asked about respite care, but she said respite through Hospice = 5 days in the hospital. She said that her strength seems to be reducing by half every day, and wanted info on Mom's 3-wheeled walker.

They seem to have the pain at bay, maxing out her dosages of Dilaudid and Valium (she can't take morphine). They added the Duragesic pain patch.

Annie2
01-30-2010, 11:48 AM
How I wish I could. They need to be doing this in shifts. I know that it's easier said than done. None of those girls are going to be sleeping much, but they wouldn't if you had 24 hour care from someone else. Rest as easy as you can, and accept the love they're determined to give.

Becky Davis
01-30-2010, 05:56 PM
Me too..wish we were neighbors..

DaBee
01-30-2010, 06:47 PM
When my Mom came home from the hospital in Hospice Care, my sis and I were the only people that tended to Mom. The emotional fatigue is difficult as is the physical aspects. I wouldn't have given up that bit of time for anything, though. My sis and I would stay with Mom in shifts, with some overlap so we could both be there together and talk with her about old memories or help turn her together. We could tell that she loved hearing our voices and having us hold her hand and give her hugs. It was all quite difficult, but those moments were quite precious to all 3 of us.

Found that we had to give each other time to take breaks to sleep, take a walk, shower. It was all very casual and we just kept an eye on each other as well as Mom. Like Annie said, doing care taking works best in shifts, otherwise no one really rests.

If I lived in Springfield I'd be right there to stay over night or give everyone a break. I'd love to spend time with you, Nancy and to also give your daughters some time to themselves. I'll be having knee surgery in a couple weeks and am not getting around so well in the meantime, so my assistance would be quite limited right now anyway.
Still hoping that Patt and I can make a trip up there for a quick visit. Don't want to tire you out, Nancy....just give and get a hug and let you know how much we love you.

Jeannie Jones
01-30-2010, 09:08 PM
Well, dear hearts, Ms. Nafalia is in the hospital for 5 days but may not last that long. She went in through the ER with knee pain and swelling from an injury in the bath a couple days ago.. torn cartilege. She's on IV meds and is catheterized. They have her right in front of the nurses' station so they can keep an eye on her.

Sonja said that her strength has steadily decreased daily by about half. Not only can she not stand or roll over, hold a glass, but she can't even feel her body at all. Except when I was on the phone with her tonight she had a back spasm that was hurting her a lot. Her pain meds have been increased 3x this past week. It's not going as easily as she had been led to expect.

The girls don't know how to care for her.. clean the colostomy bag and other things.. it took 5 people to get her up yesterday, since she can't hold her weight at all. She requires more medical attention than they are equipped to deal with.

When I talked to her tonight she was kind of in and out with me. I asked numerous questions, but only got an answer to one.. the others didn't seem to register. She felt that her inability to feel her body began when they added Atavan(sp?). Sonja thought it was the brain tumor causing it.

She was too weak to use the call button to get the nurse to give her some water, so she asked me to hang up, call the hospital to get her nurses' station and ask them to give her some water. She didn't have the focus for me to be able to read her posts or anything, and it's doubtful that she will from here on out. I had the speaker phone up to my ear and could barely hear her.. missed much of what she said so weakly. Mostly she just moaned from the back spasm and all I could really do was to be there with her and send her all the energy and angels I had with me.

She's afraid of being alone without loved ones around her when she passes. Of course I said that she's surrounded by loving spirits, but I don't think that helped. She asked, "What do you do when you reach the end of the road?" All I could say was "Park the bike, I guess".

DaBee
01-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Oh Jeannie. It is all happening so fast now. Are her daughters not there? Could you possibly talk to Nancy's daughters about taking turns staying with her so that she's not alone at all?
My, I so wish I could be there with her now. Can't even get out of my drive way.
Jeannie, Nancy is so very fortunate to have you in her life. You are so connected to her and your kind heart shines through and comforts her. Bless you, bless you, bless you.
I'm right there on your blanket where your toes poke up, Nafalia.....keeping a close watch even while you sleep. Let's share a cup of warm herbal tea and make up old times that we can talk about in a heartfelt, whimsical way.
Be at ease and know the peace.
I love you both, Nancy and Jeannie.

Becky Davis
01-31-2010, 06:38 AM
This made me feel very sad. Not so much that it is the end..but that it could all happen without her daughters being there. I wish they could just send her home and let it happen. Or have them there.
I know how hard it is to take care of someone ill. It is impossible for two people alone. Bless their hearts, I know they must feel terrible.
Jeannie you are wonderful. I know you have heard this before..but you are a friend for life. Not ifs nots or buts..no matter what...you are there. Nafalia must know how truly lucky you have both been. Love to you girl. You have a lot of emotions to deal with.
I know you take care of your own mom. Please give her a hug and tell her we think her girl is very special. I am sure she will agree.

Lamb Choppe
01-31-2010, 02:17 PM
Jeannie, my thoughts and prayers are with you, also. I know this must be grueling for you.

mtnviewsteve
01-31-2010, 03:46 PM
~White LiGhT Blessings to the beautiful Beyond~

Jeannie Jones
01-31-2010, 07:30 PM
Thanks, y'all, for your kind words. Spoke just a few words with Nafalia today.. she sounded very far away and weak. Sonja took the phone and we spoke briefly, then she ducked into the hall and called me on her cell phone.

Nancy's sister Sue flew in today from Galveston, and Claudia (wonderful late husband Bruce's daughter) called and spoke to her. Claudia is unable to get away to come to her, but at least she got to talk to her. I think things are about in place now for her to be able to let go.

Sonja and her daughter Desiree spent the night with her last night at the hospital. They're waiting for the shift change at 7:00 to duck out for a couple of hours to get clean and to have some dinner, then will spend the night with her again.

I was concerned that they were all leaving together, but Sonja said that Bruce had been leading this parade every step of the way, making sure that all her needs were provided for instantly, and that Bruce wouldn't waltz her over to the other side without family with her. I think she's right. Nancy and the family love the night nurse, Mike, and know that he will call them if anything happens.

She's in the hospital for 5 days, slated to leave Wednesday to go to a nursing home, and Sonja feels that she may not last that long. She's in a great deal of pain. It would be extremely hard on her physically and mentally to have to be transferred to the nursing home, so would be a blessing if she could pass before then. So right now, they're just there loving her, waiting on dear departed Bruce to walk her on over.

DaBee
01-31-2010, 08:37 PM
And it does happen exactly that way. Earlier when I was talking about my Mom, the rest of the story is that at about 5 a.m., 2 hours before she passed, we were alone in her room. This was right next to the bedroom that my Dad had died in 17 years earlier. I sat on a little couch at the end of the bed that faced her. The light was very low and right before my eyes, my Mom began a metamorphosis that somehow took her to a place where she looked so very young....I'd say early 20's. She was beautiful. I remember that her legs looked gorgeous and all over her body was a glow, like an amber pinkish light. I was totally speechless.
Then I went to her bedside and took her hand and started reading the 23rd Psalm. Don't know why - felt I need to do something and that's all I could think of. I knew my Mom would like to hear it, anyway.
Then....Mom and I were walking hand in hand towards a bridge. It was wooden and not too long, but there was a bank of fog just past the end of it. We walked over the bridge and just into the fog when my Dad appeared. Mom didn't know what to do...she seemed a little scared, but I talked about how wonderful it was that Daddy was there for her....that he had waited all of these years just for her. Then I told her it was OK to let go of my hand and go to him. She did.
That is the most memorable moment in my life. It is so comforting to have those sweet memories. I didn't tell anyone about this for a very long time and have actually told very few in all of these 10 years.
Felt like it was time to share this now. Nancy going over with Bruce is such a wonderful thought. This twilight time must be so special for Nancy. For all of the family possible to be there is such a blessing. Nancy is so very loved and all of us keeping up with this process here is her soul family and she knows we're there with her. What a wonderfully dynamic soul is Nancy and I'm looking forward to her being there on the other side of the bridge with my special soul group, also.
Sweet dreams, my dear friend.
Thank you, Jeannie.

celeste
01-31-2010, 09:31 PM
I read to my Mom out of her prayer book & sang songs to her in the wee hours of the a.m. the day she passed. I know she heard & was comforted. Although my experience was not as distinct as Deb's. I pray Nafalia will transition with grace & comfort.

Becky Davis
01-31-2010, 11:36 PM
That is lovely Dabee. Thanks for sharing that memory. It gave me spirit bumps.

DaBee
01-31-2010, 11:52 PM
I hope others will share their special experiences. It's like we're all together holding a vigil for Nancy....which, is what we are doing.

Cindy Lou Who
02-01-2010, 10:38 AM
When my mom got sick my older sister moved in with her. She had cancer. The last 3 months she lived my husband, children and I moved in to help. We made alot of memories in that 3 months. She had alot of nighttime visitors(we couldnt see them). My oldest daughter would go in and lay on the bed next to her hospital be and read to her. Misti was about 14-15 yrs old. The other girls would take turns fixing her hair. Now during these times mother was in a coma but everyday one of the girls would go in and fix her hair that they could reach. The twins are 2 yrs younger than Misti. They always said she might not be able to see how nice her hair is but she would be upset if we didnt do it. Mother always wore her hair very nice. The night that she died there were about 6-8 of us in her room. We were all singing, chatting and telling stories about her. We all went to sleep there and about 2 hours later I woke to find her dead. We all say she was just waiting for us to settle down where she could go in peace.

Please make those memories they are very important. I will always remember those. I do keep Nancy in my thoughts. I also think about her girls and what they are going through. I so wish I lived close enought to relieve them. They need to take care of themselves also.

Peace to you all.....

Jeannie Jones
02-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Thanks for sharing your stories, ladies. Does seem fitting to share them here and now, and they're so very touching.

Wonderful news! The gals all put their heads together and decided that if she makes it to Wednesday, they'll let go of Hospice and go back to the Pyramid Agency with the caregivers that she knows and loves at her own place! She's so excited knowing that she'll be back in her own bed, surrounded by the things that she and Bruce collected together, that she's really perked up. When they told her, tears of joy welled up in her eyes.

DaBee
02-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Wonderful

mtnviewsteve
02-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Thanks for sharing your stories, ladies. Does seem fitting to share them here and now, and they're so very touching.

Wonderful news! The gals all put their heads together and decided that if she makes it to Wednesday, they'll let go of Hospice and go back to the Pyramid Agency with the caregivers that she knows and loves at her own place! She's so excited knowing that she'll be back in her own bed, surrounded by the things that she and Bruce collected together, that she's really perked up. When they told her, tears of joy welled up in her eyes.

:cool:
~....as the ancients stand watch...all we ask is to be allowed our own place..with our Love and our Life~White LiGhT Blessings Nafalia~
~Namaste~

Teresa DeVito
02-01-2010, 09:13 PM
This is all so beautiful, as the ending of this life as we know it should be. We all will pass through the veil and sharing our experiences about it seems only natural. DaBee, that was amazing, even just being there in your words was quite an experience. Thank you for sharing.

I am holding Nafalia close to my heart and in my thoughts these days. I wish I could go and hold her hand. I feel her floating free and full of life and light. Nafalia, thank you for showing us the beauty and grace in transition.

Becky Davis
02-02-2010, 11:23 AM
C'mon Nafalia...Wednesday is only a day away. I want you to go home girl. That is what I have been wishing for you. Tears are in my eyes too..just thinking about it.

artteacher
02-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Dear sweet Nafalia,,,,My beloved Uncle passed just last week,,,If you find yourself walking beside him on the new road you journey on, you will have good company and comfort there,,,Where ever you go in the universe, please know your light and love will always shine upon us,,,When I look for you and I will, I will be looking for the brightest star above me,,,

I know this sounds silly, but when you get back home from the hospital today, I hope you have an opportunity to chow down on some of those tator tots you love,,,Sending comfort, :happyheart: and peace your way,,,,:kiss:

DaBee
02-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Hoping the move today from the hospital to back home was a smooth one for you, Nafalia.
You're in my thoughts and heart.
deb

Jeannie Jones
02-03-2010, 10:58 PM
I called Sonja at 2:45 today and she said that the ambulance was going to take her home to her apt at 3:00. Called back at 8:40 and it went straight to voicemail. Whether here or there, we know she's in the arms of love.

Lamb Choppe
02-04-2010, 08:18 AM
Thinking of Nafalia. You are right, Jeannie. Wherever she is, she is wrapped in the arms of love.

PMilam
02-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Any word, Jeannie?

mtnviewsteve
02-05-2010, 07:56 PM
any word, jeannie?
417-877-8428

Cindy Lou Who
02-06-2010, 06:21 AM
I was wondering the same thing Pat.

Nafalia is in my thoughts. Hope everything is ok....

DaBee
02-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Thank you, Jeannie, for coming back over to Geekfest to keep informed, those of us that loved our sweet friend Nancy Nafalia. May she rest in peace with her beloved Bruce.
I am proud to call you friend, Jeannie...... one that loves and respects others so deeply.
Namaste, deb

Jeannie Jones
02-07-2010, 01:34 PM
As you have probably read either in the Open Forum or facebook, our intrepid warrior laid down her shield yesterday morning at 5:02. Her sister Sue, who had come in from I think Galveston, called me later in the morning to tell me, and she said that not only did she lose her sister, but her best friend as well. She said that every time we see a butterfly kiss a flower petal we should think of Nafalia.

I don't know if you realize how important your friendship and love were to her. As a blind triple Gemini, her greatest joy was communication. Here in the Gratitude Journal, from its very inception, she knew that she could speak exactly how she felt and believed and be understood and appreciated. You know what I mean. It was a comfortable place for her, and she loved you all.

Sue said that she passed without pain, which must mean that she had so much pain meds in her that she was no longer conscious. Sonja said that in the 2 weeks she was up here, that her mother's pain meds were increased 7 or 8 times. Sue said that at the end, Nafalia took a breath, then paused.. took another breath, longer pause.. another breath, even longer pause.. then no more breaths. I share this with you because she shared her experiences with you every step of the way.

We'll miss our gracious, courageous, loving friend, but rejoice in her freedom from the physical suffering and indignities she endured.

celeste
02-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Thanks, Jeannie, I never met Nafalia in the flesh, she was but the best of a Geekfest friend.

Annie2
02-07-2010, 10:05 PM
"Sue said that she passed without pain, which must mean that she had so much pain meds in her that she was no longer conscious. Sonja said that in the 2 weeks she was up here, that her mother's pain meds were increased 7 or 8 times. Sue said that at the end, Nafalia took a breath, then paused.. took another breath, longer pause.. another breath, even longer pause.. then no more breaths. I share this with you because she shared her experiences with you every step of the way."
There is no such thing as "too much" pain medication in a terminal illness. When all that's left of life is pain, relieving that pain will most likely hasten inevitable death. JMHO
How are you doing Jeannie? Hugs.......

Gaylord Wright
02-16-2010, 10:02 AM
"There is no such thing as "too much" pain medication in a terminal illness. When all that's left of life is pain, relieving that pain will most likely hasten inevitable death. JMHO..."

You got that right Annie. Folks have no qualms at all "putting down" an animal in terminal suffering and pain. Yet some tell the humans in the same situation to buck up, gawd has a plan.

No, we don't have to kill them but we can kill the pain to the best of our ability. In their last living moments, they should be at peace.

Finally at peace Nafalia. I doubt that her 'soul' or 'spirit' has gone anywhere. It's something much more tangible than that. She's alive in the written word, on this board and who knows how many other places. Written by herself, then those who knew her, loved her. Written herself, yet spoken through another, her very own words.

Perhaps that is the eternal legacy. One could do far worse. Such as, not a single word ever spoken in a life would be remembered beyond the grave.

Truly, finally, rest in peace Nancy/Nafalia. Your own words surely give peace to those who will follow.

PMilam
02-17-2010, 11:14 AM
Knowing her, thru this Gratitude Journal, added to the strength that I needed to get through the physical pain and mental pain that I went thru. Her courage, her strength in her pains gave me hope and knowing that she was thinking of me, holding me in the light, was one of the things I drew on, in my time.
Knowing, in some small way, how she suffered.. yet always found the time and strength to encourage us.. well.. that will never be forgotten by me.
I am very grateful for this place, where we came together. I am grateful for her shining spirit in my life.

If there is any justice in this universe, she is at peace and in no pain.

Becky Davis
02-18-2010, 05:55 PM
I wish we had the very first Nafalia postings.
I wonder if ther is anyway Kim could retrieve them?

Oh I found the ones from 12-21-07. Were there more? It seems so much longer ago than that.

DaBee
02-18-2010, 08:14 PM
I believe that this is the first message from Nafalia through Jeannie. It is on a very interesting Gratitudinally Speaking thread on this forum.....6/9/2004.

Shimaka--from Nafalia regarding lawsuit:

First, remember you do not do this for yourself, you do it for all of those who do not know it can be done--all those who do not know their rights.

Second, if your attorney and your doctors are in the same state, hire an attorney from out of state, and I recommend Craig Lauther (sp?) Lowther? [The sound is as in allow--could even be Lauder--Louder?] at the John Q. Hammons building in Springfield, Mo. He is a piranha about things like this.

It is important to remember, it is not about Shimaka--it is about everyone.

Also remember that the Law and Justice have nothing to do with each other.

Perhaps you may not accomplish it for yourself, but you will accomplish it for millions of others. Never ever forget Karen Silkwood.

As above, so below,

Love, love, love,

Nafalia

PS--Nafalia means "I'll be with you forever", and you are right about its origin.

[This message has been edited by Jeannie Jones (edited 06-09-2004).]

http://geekfest.com/showthread.php?t=37890&highlight=gratitudinally+speaking&page=2

Becky Davis
02-18-2010, 08:38 PM
Wow! Deb--how did you find that? Did she live here at the time?

DaBee
02-18-2010, 08:48 PM
She was in Springfield. Pretty sick back then, too. She toughed it out for a long time. What a gal.

" PS--Nafalia means "I'll be with you forever " -----reading that made me feel like she was sitting on my shoulder!

PMilam
02-19-2010, 10:43 AM
awwww.... I didn't remember that is what her name means.

Essence Ka tha'ras
03-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Greetings and Salutations to All my Spiritual Kin,

I wanted to take a quick moment to share with you all, but first I would like to apologize for taking so long to get back here.

It has been one month today since Mother, Nafalia, crossed over.

I only early this morning (3a.m.ish) returned from a quick round trip back to Springfield to pick up the last of mother's belongings and trying to help my sister take care of the last few details. There is still a bit to do, but we are very close to being completed.

What I want to share with you today is an article I posted on my web-site shortly after Mother's crossing. It helps explain a bit about this journey.

Here is a direct link to the article:

http://purplepathe.wordpress.com/2010/02/21/dawning-of-a-new-day/

And here is link to the home page of my site:

http://purplepathe.wordpress.com/

It is my hope that the article helps you all in your grieving and releasing process.

Also, I want to invite you all to check out my daily gift to all who pass through my energy field by way of visiting my site. I offer a free "Daily Card" reading for all. You can find it by clicking on the "Daily Card" link on the home page.

I look forward to hearing from all of you here, and once again want to thank you for the kindness and friendship you showed my mother these past several years, while she was here in the physical.

May each of you be Truly Blessed.

In Lak'ech Ala K'in

Love, Light and Blessings,

Namaste

Essence Ka tha'ras

Becky Davis
03-07-2010, 03:49 AM
Thank you..thank you.
I had seen Dr. Taylor before, but I am so glad you posted her video. It is compelling and once more I needed to hear it.