PDA

View Full Version : Remembering a Very Special Person

Jimmy
06-27-2002, 03:10 PM
I am writing this post in rememberance of my sister Susan DeVito, who passed away three years ago this morning. Sister, you are thought of every day. Also, this is to express my gratitude for her being part of my life and the lives of the people she was around everyday. She touched many people in all aspects of her day to day life. For those of you who knew her and read this, take a moment and think of her and what she accomplished. Also, take a moment and remember others from your community who touched people in special ways and are no longer there. The list could go on for a long while. (Clary, Manny, Vernon, Ned--just for a start. See how many you can name in just a few minutes.) The tree in the park will always be a symbol. I just wish I had known when it was being planted. Anyway, take a moment today and remember Susan and the other wonderful people and be grateful to have known them and shared their lives.

I'll not be posting here anymore as not many remember me and I really only knew a few people in town. I just wanted to be part of the community when I was there, but, that was not in the stars. If you take a moment or two and think of Susan today though, that will be close enough.

Thank You Eureka Springs

Jimmy

Becky Davis
06-27-2002, 06:23 PM
Thank you Jimmy for your very poignant letter. Susan would be proud. I am sure that she is with you each and every day.
She was a wonderful person in this community and is sorely missed.

Rachal
06-27-2002, 11:27 PM
I was out at the cemetary taking pictures the other day- what an historical place to go. I passed by Susan's "bench", took a picture, and remembered the day of her funeral. She was such a strong determined person. I remember my mother having a restaurant next to DeVito's and seeing her often- always with a smile. It is so true- she had "the courage to change the world."

------------------
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.