PDA

View Full Version : Good Bye Grandma

swain mountain
04-10-2004, 08:08 AM
My Grandmother died at 88 yesterday. I am 47 and never met her. I am glad my mom and she 'patched up' their differences, tho this has hit Mom very hard.
I am a Grandma. I hug my kids in my dreams when I can't be with them. Greatful for my son and his family.
I kissed grandama goodbye last night in my dreams and lifted her up with prayers of love and forgiveness.

[This message has been edited by swain mountain (edited 04-10-2004).]

Becky Davis
04-10-2004, 09:26 AM
Too bad you never met her. I am sure she thought it was a great loss.

swain mountain
04-12-2004, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by Becky Davis:
Too bad you never met her. I am sure she thought it was a great loss.

thanks Ms Becky. Your kind word truely touched my heart.

DaBee
04-12-2004, 09:58 PM
When I turned off my computer a while ago I just kept thinking about you and your Grandma, so decided to dial up again and let you know that I am so saddened that your Grandma never got to know you. I'm sure you were a wonderful granddaughter to other grandparents in your life.
It is so important to me to make my presence known in my grandchildren's lives. I'm sure you feel the same about yours. I have fond memories of all of my grandparents and feel blessed.
Feel sad for your Mom, too. It sounds like there have been turbulent times. It's all over now and your Mom has done the best she can with what was left to deal with. My hope for her is that she can leave the pain behind and learn from the experiences. There's always a lesson, even in the pain.
Bless you and your family.

swain mountain
04-26-2004, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by DaBee:
When I turned off my computer a while ago I just kept thinking about you and your Grandma, so decided to dial up again and let you know that I am so saddened that your Grandma never got to know you. I'm sure you were a wonderful granddaughter to other grandparents in your life.
It is so important to me to make my presence known in my grandchildren's lives. I'm sure you feel the same about yours. I have fond memories of all of my grandparents and feel blessed.
Feel sad for your Mom, too. It sounds like there have been turbulent times. It's all over now and your Mom has done the best she can with what was left to deal with. My hope for her is that she can leave the pain behind and learn from the experiences. There's always a lesson, even in the pain.
Bless you and your family.

Been meaning to send you back a note of thanks for you very kind thoughts but the older I get the faster time flies, another reason to always stay close to family and loved ones. If in some small way we could all bring a little peace into our own familys ( Forgiveness itself can open the door to understanding ) it would not only keep familys together but would spread through the world and no more will mothers weep as their childern die in war.
And it all starts with us!
Again, thanks. And God Belss.