PDA

View Full Version : A message from Ghost Ranch NM

PMilam
06-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Greetings!

Our community extends as far as word can travel. It wasn't all that long ago that it would take days for word to travel a thousand miles. Now it takes only seconds.

Our prayers for our neighbors, for our community, for our loved ones - the need for prayers for all grows exponentially as news from around the world reaches us quickly and touches us deeply.

With the recent environmental disaster - one of our worst - the news of devastation caused by the oil spill is heartbreaking. And while I sit in the bounty of God's magnificent creation a thousand miles away, it's hard to comprehend the scope of this catastrophe. At a loss, I reach to prayer and wonder at the possibility of uniting our plea for care and healing of the Gulf of Mexico and beyond and for all of the lives affected by its destruction.

In a message from Chief Arvol Looking Horse, Spiritual Leader of the Lakota People, he states, "Eventually all will be affected from the oil disaster. The dangers we are faced with at this time are not of Spirit." He goes on to say, "As we pray, we will fully understand that we are all connected. And that what we create can have lasting effects on all life. So let us unite spiritually, all Nations, All Faiths, One Prayer."

I invite you to join me today, and every day thereafter, in one minute of prayer for the planet.

In peace,

Debra

Debra M. Hepler, Executive Director, Ghost Ranch

micki
06-24-2010, 07:00 AM
thanks for sharing Patt. HUGS

Becky Davis
06-24-2010, 07:01 AM
Lovely and a privilege to do so. One minute today and thereafter. Thanks for posting Patt.