PDA

View Full Version : Spanish classes

Jude
07-16-2002, 09:34 AM
Hello Geeky Eurekys,
I've enrolled in a Spanish class at NWACC for this fall, but I'd rather not drive to Rogers 2 nights a week to learn the language. Anyone know of local Spanish classes that would be available starting soon? I'm really interested in quick study conversational Spanish. Thanks in advance for info about this.
Jude
p.s. I'm a virgin on this bulletin board, please be gentle with me. I've heard it can get rough in here.

sweetness&light
07-16-2002, 09:46 AM
Ahhh, this place is a piece of chocolate cake. Just put on your hip waders and jump into the fray. We all kiss and makeup (cosmetics, that is) at the end of the day and send each other lavish Christmas gifts.

If you want a quick study, try classes on cassetts so you can take it with you everywhere. The secret to learning any language, including pig latin, is continual use of it, repeating, repeating.

Bueno suarte!

JET
07-16-2002, 09:48 AM
Wal Mart is a good place to learn. Plus, You can visit with everyone from here.

GMBooth
07-16-2002, 01:56 PM
The community college in Harrison's continuing education department has in the past offered a "Spanish for Gringos" class in Berryville. Check out the North Arkansas Community College website for more info.

GMBooth
07-16-2002, 01:56 PM
The community college in Harrison's continuing education department has in the past offered a "Spanish for Gringos" class in Berryville. Check out the North Arkansas Community College website for more info.

S. Jones
07-16-2002, 03:46 PM
Pat Matsukis used to teach Spanish. Not sure if she still does.

Jude
07-17-2002, 07:45 AM
Thanks for your suggestions. I'll check it out. Hopefully by Fall, I'll be be able to say something besides cuss words in Spanish
Jude
p.s. This wasn't so bad!...so far ; ).

sweetness&light
07-17-2002, 08:00 AM
It must be the giant down turn in the stock market that is making people so testy. If so, forget those hip waders and get yourself a complete diving suit...I hear the frothy waters churning.

Fortunately, the metal detectors have kept guns and knives off this board; just sharp tongues are allowed. It would be nice if the accompanying mind was equally honed, but then I would love to have an unending supply of free chocolate.

Hasta la vista!

PMilam
07-17-2002, 08:03 AM
Hey, Jude!
Never thought I'd see you here! You have chosen a non threatening post.. I think! You will be safe! Just stay away from any discussion of the CAPC, and you'll be just fine!
lovin' you!

Harmonica
07-17-2002, 08:58 AM
There is a very nice Gentleman named Ricardo that was teaching spanish in Eureka. I am sorry I have forgotten his last name. I think that he works at the Sonshine bookstore. If he is not there I am sure they will be able to point you in his direction.

Old Thing
07-18-2002, 09:40 AM
Also, someone...perhaps a local paper...said that the Lane House was planning a class in Spanish for adults, as well as young folks.