PDA

View Full Version : jobs

car,son
05-30-2002, 09:44 AM
I think it would be interesting to start a dialog on the way employers {or their agents, i.e. managers) treat their employees in this town. My personal experiences have not been good. For instance I had never quit a job in my life because I was yelled at until I moved here and now I've quit two for that reason. What gives? I realize that I was working for the two companies who have the worst reputations in town for mis-treating employees. Can anyone identify them?!!

Bay Girl
05-30-2002, 10:38 AM
Awe...come on now...give us a hint!!!

MotherMoon12
05-30-2002, 11:31 AM
I'm guessing it's any bed and breakfast, any restaurant, and any resort.

seemstome
05-30-2002, 11:49 AM
maybe thats why every place you go in town
has bad (rude) help....they are following
their employers foot steps....

Mabion Rain O'Brien
05-30-2002, 12:06 PM
Well my place of business has a fairly bad rep as far as working there goes, but I've been there over a year now and have not had any problems at all. Just keep trying hun, you'll find the right place for ya.

car,son
06-03-2002, 09:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bay Girl:
Awe...come on now...give us a hint!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

car,son
06-03-2002, 09:32 AM
Your hints are Choo Choo and big building on top of mountain and big building in center of town. I freally thought everyone knew who had the worst reputations for mistreating employees! I'm surprised.

Bay Girl
06-03-2002, 11:31 AM
Well, I have heard about choo choo, but I'm still at a loss for the other two clues. Sorry, guess I haven't been around long enough to hear all the gossip.

becsflowers
06-03-2002, 07:48 PM
The 2 part time jobs I have now (at attractions)are the best jobs in the world as far as having top notch bosses. They are kind and loving, almost like family to me. I HAVE done my share of cleaning toilets/waiting tables, at resorts, b&bs, hotels, and have to say that I never had any problems with the owners/managers. My problems there were with the lazy incompetant employees I had to work with. Stealing my share of tips, seating the tables I bussed(I was so busy bussing tables for this one cow who could not seat them FAST enough...LOL!!! "Hi",COW,if you're readin'...
Got to the point at the B&B's /hotels when they'd get a new employee and tell me they wanted me to "go behind them and make/do it over" that I put my foot down and had to gently tell them that going behind someone to do their work is not my style, and I have to work alone or not there at all. Hate being that way, but I consider myself responsible and a good worker. I cleaned office buildings and club houses in Kansas City for $12.00 an hour 10 years ago. Like what I'm doing now, and it beats cleanin toilets at the same money. I LOVE the tourists who come here too, for without them I would not BE employed. In the 2 months I have been working, I only encountered 1 kinda snotty tourist, and after offering to make him a personalized thong,(those generic ones get caught WAY up there....) HE even chilled out.
I want people who come here to wish THEY lived here like I do.
I want them to feel welcome in our hometown, like I do.
I want them to go home and tell all their friends that they had the best damn time here, like I DO.
I want them to all go home and tell their friends and family that the people they met here are fun and crazy. Like I am!
I do my best to recomend those food establishments and businesses who treat others nicely, like I do.
Get the picture?

sweetness&light
06-03-2002, 08:29 PM
YES!!! Aymen, woman!! Lord have mercy, someone who knows how to treat our guests to get them to experience the experience and y'all come back again. Girl, I hope your bosses know what a jewel they have in you. Not just puttin' in your time til your shift is up, but going out of your way to keep 'em happy.

Fess up, becs....you put an ice cube in the sling shot part of that thong, didn't you? Works everytime, except on those who are so up tight that a thong made out of fishline couldn't begin to get caught anywhere except their nose.

I don't mean to insult anyone when I say this because I know not everyone is exactly ecstatic with the Chamber, but each of us need to be our own little chamber of commerce full of information to suggest restaurants, lodging, shops and places to see while in Eureka to our guests. Visitors truly appreciate this when they're here and I get lots of compliments for the locals who tell them these things. Maybe we should all have names for our personal little chambers like becs' could be Chamber of Thongs. Mine would of course be Chamber of Chocolate. Lany's could be Chamber Music (snort! I couldn't help myself on that one). Chamber Maids for lodging, Chamber Pot for those who sell illegal vegetation. Chamber Numbers for accountants...where is C-mo, anyway? Chamber Scape for jf501 and of course, (sound of trumpets, please) the ROYAL CHAMBER.

So many opportunities for those who want to succeed, contribute to the happiness of others, which leads to self happiness and help this town keep chugging along.

Whew! I just might have had too much hot fudge on my 7 pound hot fudge sundae with bananas and fat free Cool Whip. I must be delirious....there is no such thing as too much chocolate anything. It was probably that darned fat free Cool Whip....I should have had real whipping cream. Time to go whip a human for allowing me to make such a mistake.

snowdiva
06-05-2002, 12:53 AM
xx

[This message has been edited by snowdiva (edited 06-05-2002).]

car,son
06-05-2002, 12:23 PM
This seems to have changed on me. Believe me, no one worked harder to make the tourists feel welcome in Eureka than I did. I don't believe that anyone who-ever held the position I had ever was rewarded as much for their service. That was because I cared. The way I was rewarded by my supervisors was to be yelled at and talked down to. Not only that after I quit, they lied, under oath to prevent me from getting my well earned un-employment. All $137.00 per week of it! Yes, I care aabout this town and the people who visit here and most of the people who live here; but I have to say that I never quit a jpb in my 59 years of living over being yelled at until I moved here and now I've quit two. What's wrong with that picture?!!!