PDA

View Full Version : fodder for the truly homophobic

gayle
11-11-2003, 04:41 PM
New Study Links Homophobia with Homosexual Arousal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 1996 Press Release
WASHINGTON -- Psychoanalytic theory holds that homophobia -- the fear, anxiety, anger, discomfort and aversion that some ostensibly heterosexual people hold for gay individuals -- is the result of repressed homosexual urges that the person is either unaware of or denies. A study appearing in the August 1996 issue of the Journal of Abnormal Psychology, published by the American Psychological Association (APA), provides new empirical evidence that is consistent with that theory.

Researchers at the University of Georgia conducted an experiment involving 35 homophobic men and 29 nonhomophobic men as measured by the Index of Homophobia scale. All the participants selected for the study described themselves as exclusively heterosexual both in terms of sexual arousal and experience.

Each participant was exposed to sexually explicit erotic stimuli consisting of heterosexual, male homosexual and lesbian videotapes (but not necessarily in that order). Their degree of sexual arousal was measured by penile plethysmography, which precisely measures and records male tumescence.

Men in both groups were aroused by about the same degree by the video depicting heterosexual sexual behavior and by the video showing two women engaged in sexual behavior. The only significant difference in degree of arousal between the two groups occurred when they viewed the video depicting male homosexual sex: 'The homophobic men showed a significant increase in penile circumference to the male homosexual video, but the control [nonhomophobic] men did not.'

Broken down further, the measurements showed that while 66% of the nonhomophobic group showed no significant tumescence while watching the male homosexual video, only 20% of the homophobic men showed little or no evidence of arousal. Similarly, while 24% of the nonhomophobic men showed definite tumescence while watching the homosexual video, 54% of the homophobic men did.

for more:
http://www.apa.org/releases/homophob.html

EurekaRebel
11-11-2003, 04:53 PM
Now I have REALLY heard it all. So I am really a repressed homosexual because I dislike homosexual behavior? Gag.........

gayle
11-11-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by EurekaRebel:
Now I have REALLY heard it all. So I am really a repressed homosexual because I dislike homosexual behavior? Gag.........

if the shoe fits..................

MickeyMick
11-11-2003, 06:05 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by EurekaRebel:
.... I am ... a repressed homosexual ...

you read it here, Folks!!!

EurekaRebel
11-11-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by gayle:
if the shoe fits..................

Madam Lesbian Gayle, the show does NOT fit and never will. So sorry to break your heart. You people continually try to cram your sick behavior on the homophobia's and sister it ain't gonna work. You people are truly warped.

tanner
11-11-2003, 06:28 PM
You people continually try to cram your sick behavior on the homophobia's and sister it ain't gonna work.

That just sounds so...well umm GAY

EurekaRebel
11-11-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by tanner:

That just sounds so...well umm GAY

And YOU sound like one of THEM. Which you probably are.

Becky Davis
11-11-2003, 06:36 PM
ER. You just called yourself homophobic.

ArkansawHillbillys
11-11-2003, 06:36 PM
New Study Links Homophobia with Homosexual Arousal

Well that's an interesting study. Though the percentage has changed up and down in similiar studies over the years, there is some validity to the study. Just as the studies on bi-sexuality versus homosexuality which basically conclude that bi-sexuals aren't neccessarily homosexual, but rather individuals that like sex any way they can get it.

Personally I think I am a woman trapped in a man's body because I keep getting these lesbian urges! I Love women!

gayle
11-11-2003, 06:54 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by EurekaRebel:
Madam Lesbian Gayle, the show does NOT fit and never will. So sorry to break your heart. You people continually try to cram your sick behavior on the homophobia's and sister it ain't gonna work. You people are truly warped.[/QUOTE

Madam lesbian? Have you read anywhere that I have stated I am a lesbian perchance? I do have several lesbian friends that I love dearly....
The only truly sick behavior I have seen on this board is your performance ER....you are a nasty, sick, warped, hate filled individual. How you even live with yourself is beyond me. Hate fills a person up and eats them from the inside out, did you know that? How sorry i feel for folks like you....it must be an empty life you lead.

gayle
11-11-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Becky Davis:

touche Becky!!!

EurekaRebel
11-11-2003, 06:57 PM

Yes, I did. According to my test scores of the Wright, Adams and Bernat Homophobic Scale
that is exactly what I am.

And so what? I was "born" that way. Isn't that what you gays think? You were "born" that way? Thay's my excuse too.

EurekaRebel
11-11-2003, 06:59 PM
touche Becky!!!

Touche to you Gay Gayle.

Becky Davis
11-11-2003, 07:07 PM
ER, you can be homophobic..it's okay. Don't secretly lust after me though, I'm not gay.

EurekaRebel
11-11-2003, 07:08 PM
The only truly sick behavior I have seen on this board is your performance ER....you are a nasty, sick, warped, hate filled individual. How you even live with yourself is beyond me. .it must be an empty life you lead.

My life is perfectly fine, Gay Gayle and I don't need YOU of all people feeling sorry for me. I have lots of friends, a great family, and I don't have ANY problems living with MYself. I am not in any kind of screwed up relationship with someone of the same sex, and I sleep just fine every night thank you.
My life is very full and enjoyable and the only thing that really gets to me is people like you who are so verbal in the love of the GAY lifestyle and trying to make me see your point. All this GAY PRIDE S*** is just that.
S***. You will all answer to a higher power one day and you can tell HIM or HER why you CHOSE to be HOMOSEXUAL. I'll answer for my sins and you GAYS can answer to YOURS.

You just HAVE to be Gay, Gayle. You take up for them far to often to NOT be.

Naybug
11-11-2003, 07:54 PM
You will all answer to a higher power one day and you can tell HIM or HER why you CHOSE to be HOMOSEXUAL. I'll answer for my sins and you GAYS can answer to YOURS.

Then why do you get so worked up about it? They can't change you and you can't change them.

Yes I also believe that we will all have to answer for our sins, but don't you know that "judging" is a sin.?

And just like you don't have any problems living with yourself, I'm sure they don't have any problems living with theirselves either.

DrLewall
11-11-2003, 08:13 PM
For the record, I am not gay or bi, and I am not homophobic. I do find it quite entertaining to watch the homophobes tremble and back against the wall when gays are near. It makes for a good giggle to see paranoia run rampant. Real men will let a gay person know, politely, that he is not into it. I said it before and here it is again, "HELP! the paranoids are after me!" http://www.geekfest.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

DrLewall

Cris Dunnam
11-11-2003, 09:37 PM
I’ve been holding back a bit on these types of debates, but feel it’s time to let loose some sociopolitical concepts to tweak the melons of those who are so sure of themselves & their moral ground.

Here’s a couple questions: (Bible thumping homophobes only, please)

1) What was the race, ethninticity and/or color was Jesus?
(Hint: blonde hair & blues eyes? - not a chance)

2) Was King James straight, gay or bi?
(Hint: he was a monumental hypocrite)

And now a words to ponder:

“Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.”
-- Matthew 23:28
The Holy Bible: King James Version

ArkansawHillbillys
11-11-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Cris Dunnam:
[b]I’ve been holding back a bit on these types of debates, but feel it’s time to let loose some sociopolitical concepts to tweak the melons of those who are so sure of themselves & their moral ground.

Here’s a couple questions: (Bible thumping homophobes only, please)

1) What was the race, ethninticity and/or color was Jesus?
(Hint: blonde hair & blues eyes? - not a chance)

Wow Cris..you got me on this one...was He Jewish and dark skinned as all people in his part of the country? Do you reckon he had long hair, brown of course along with a beard and brown eyes like in his portraits hanging all over everywhere? What color were his eyes? Is there really a record of this somewhere?

Oh, I forgot, this was for Homophobic Bible Thumpers...not just Bible Thumpers! Sorry!

[This message has been edited by ArkansawHillbillys (edited 11-12-2003).]

snowdiva
11-12-2003, 01:03 AM
For Pete's sake....are you guys reading what you are writing?? Who cares who is gay or not? It is none of my business and I don't care to know. The only thing I am interested in is how you treat me and the people I care about. Are you a descent human being and do you try to help people when you can?? THAT is what is IMPORTANT, not if you are gay, brown, straight, have blue eyes or anything else that is different than other people. The only person that should judge or will judge is God....some of you might be surprised about His judging....so, don't second guess God. He knows and only He knows, NO one else knows.You can bellow and quote this doctor and that expert and every scripture known.....only God will have the final word...no matter who says or reads anything! NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE BUT....GOD! So, in conclusion, guys and gals, lets play nice now....lol..

Cris Dunnam
11-12-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by snowdiva:
Who cares who is gay or not?

My point was to make some aware of the fact that the book that most homophobes use to as the excuse to bash homosexuals was commissioned by a homosexual - or at least a bisexual. I must admit I was also trying to make others uncomfortable with the fact that Jesus (a really great guy) was an olive-skinned, nappy-headed rabbi from North Africa. AH shut me down on the latter, and good for them!

Overall this was my point: blissful ignorance and hypocrisy.

ArkansawHillbillys
11-12-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by snowdiva:
For Pete's sake....are you guys reading what you are writing?? Who cares who is gay or not? It is none of my business and I don't care to know. The only thing I am interested in is how you treat me and the people I care about. Are you a descent human being and do you try to help people when you can?? THAT is what is IMPORTANT, not if you are gay, brown, straight, have blue eyes or anything else that is different than other people. The only person that should judge or will judge is God....some of you might be surprised about His judging....so, don't second guess God. He knows and only He knows, NO one else knows.You can bellow and quote this doctor and that expert and every scripture known.....only God will have the final word...no matter who says or reads anything! NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE BUT....GOD! So, in conclusion, guys and gals, lets play nice now....lol..

You are right...and I am glad you recognize God as being the one who will Judge each of us, If you would scan back over my pst posts you will see that I have repeatedly said that. Perhaps coming from you, a few others will listen! Thanks!

Have A Great Day!

littlemomma
11-12-2003, 10:36 AM
Eureka REBEL ... What will YOU say when the higher power asks you about how mean and hateful you are?

gayle
11-12-2003, 11:58 AM
Touche to you Gay Gayle.

gay

adj 1: bright and pleasant; promoting a feeling of cheer; "a cheery hello"; "a gay sunny room"; "a sunny smile" [syn: cheery, sunny] 2: full of or showing high-spirited merriment; "when hearts were young and gay"; "a poet could not but be gay, in such a jocund company"- Wordsworth; "the jolly crowd at the reunion"; "jolly old Saint Nick"; "a jovial old gentleman"; "have a merry Christmas"; "peals of merry laughter"; "a mirthful laugh" [syn: jocund, jolly, jovial, merry, mirthful] 3: given to social pleasures often including dissipation; "led a gay Bohemian life"; "a gay old rogue with an eye for the ladies" 4: brightly colored and showy; "girls decked out in brave new dresses"; "brave banners flying"; "`braw' is a Scottish word"; "a dress a bit too gay for her years"; "birds with gay plumage" [syn: brave, braw] 5: offering fun and gaiety; "a gala ball after the inauguration"; "a festive (or festal) occasion"; "gay and exciting night life"; "a merry evening" [syn: gala(a), festal, festive, merry]

Thanks for the compliment ER....have yourself the gayest of days!!!!

PenDragon
11-12-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Cris Dunnam:
Overall this was my point: blissful ignorance and hypocrisy.

Cris, I would like to think it was blissful on their part, but most people filled with that much hate toward anyone is generally not a very blissful person to begin with.

How was the Chinese food last night btw? http://www.geekfest.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Cris Dunnam
11-12-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by PenDragon:
How was the Chinese food last night btw? http://www.geekfest.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

It was Gereral Tao-o-licious! http://www.geekfest.com/ubb/wink.gif

Of Sound Mind
11-12-2003, 02:15 PM
So I am really a repressed homosexual...Gag...

Apparently you're not doing it right.
Like the old joke about how to get to Carnegie Hall -
Practice, practice, practice.

EurekaRebel
11-12-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Of Sound Mind:
Apparently you're not doing it right.
Like the old joke about how to get to Carnegie Hall -
Practice, practice, practice.

I certainly will have to practice to IGNORE
idoit's like YOU. I caught your double meaning and you are as sick as the rest of the gay lovers. Or are you gay too?

And Gayle,I use GAY because the powers that be will delete my post if I call you people what you really are - QUEERS.

Barb Deschner
11-12-2003, 08:43 PM
Ok,

I have sat here quiely while the debate raged, however when it from debate to attacks which ave no basis I have to jump in.
I know many people who post on this board. Without exception you are all people I am happy to know.
My concern is the generalization and judgement of others you have begun to do.
What God or whoever you believe or do not believe decides when you meet your maker or not is a personal thing. It is not in any way shape or form our place to decide or judge for him.
Secondly, I don't see anyone worrying about being hit upon by a straight person. I'm sorry but being hit on by anyone is being hit on. Sometimes it is flattering sometimes not.
This past weekend was an indicator of that. I was hit on by a member of the same sex. It was very flattering. I am not gay but I was flattered nonetheless. She was quite adorable!
Then there was the guy who hit on me. He was drunk and overbearing and very obnoxious. My point is this no one knows walking down the street if you are gay or straight. We dont wear signs that indicate our prefference.
Why should gay people have to defend their lifestyle to you? Are they asking you to defend being straight? Would they ?
I'm sure no one is forcing themselves on you nor are they running amuck through our community having gay sex in the streets.
What they do is their business. Can you kiss your wife in the street? Do people go ewwwwww gross?? Do they point or stare??? Well then stop pointing and staring at them. They are in Love. They have that right.
Does this make me a Gay Lover?? No it means I respect the rights of everyone
regardless of race,color,creed,Sexual orientation,handicap,marital status, age, gender or anything else.
No where in that Gay or Bi Sexual Mans version of the bible does it say you can judge other people. NO WHERE.

Happy Wednesday!!!!

Another Texan
11-12-2003, 08:51 PM
Well said.

------------------
Mary

Hermit of Hogscald
11-12-2003, 10:37 PM
I love it when someone not only saves me the trouble of saying it, but says it better than I ever could.

Lola
11-12-2003, 11:06 PM
Hey Eureka Rebel...
Just a couple thoughts I had for you...
" Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."
--From the book of Ephesians
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives."
- 1 John 1:5-10
Hate is a sin too....Don't be so quick to judge. Have a nice day! http://www.geekfest.com/ubb/smile.gif

Kim Yonkee
11-12-2003, 11:15 PM
....the powers that be will delete my post if I call you people what you really are - QUEERS.

No, no. It's OK. Since I'm going through this semantic psychosis phase, I looked up the definition of queer in the thesaurus, and this is what it said:

anomalous, atypical, bizarre, crazy, curious, demented, disquieting, doubtful, droll, dubious, eccentric, eerie, erratic, extraordinary, fishy, flaky, fly ball, freaky, funny, idiosyncratic, irrational, irregular, kinky, kooky, mad, mysterious, odd, oddball, outlandish, outré, peculiar, puzzling, quaint, questionable, remarkable, shady, singular, strange, suspicious, touched, unbalanced, uncanny, uncommon, unconventional, unhinged, unnatural, unorthodox, unusual, wacky

Actually, I like it. I think it fits ... at least in my case.

I definitely need a new wardrobe though. At the moment, I'm wearing a flannel shirt which is trés bubba for someone who is supposed to be outlandish, don't you think?

Clearly, a trip to The House of Chez Vincent de Paul is in order.

sweetness&light
11-12-2003, 11:40 PM
Only if you're not wearing a matching flannel bra under the shirt. http://www.geekfest.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Kim Yonkee
11-13-2003, 12:02 AM
Oh dear. Is that A Rule?

Am I supposed to wear a matching flannel bra? Or would something made out of that retread material that peels off and cakes our nation's highways be considered more suitably outré?

I'd really appreciate your advice on this matter. The Fashion Tips section of the Gay Lifestyle Etiquette Manual has an excellent chapter on career-wear for florists, hairdressers and interior designers, but it's extremely weak on fashion guidance for technophiliacs.

http://www.geekfest.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

littlemomma
11-13-2003, 06:43 AM
The new Mgazine is here!
"lezibianEllE"
Featuring the new flannel shirts, yes, with the oh so soft matching flannel bra and flannel panties ( and of course the flannel thong!)
Including " Tips on Trimming your retro mullet!"

Of Sound Mind
11-13-2003, 08:04 AM
I caught your double meaning

Double meaning???
I'm sorry, what was the other one?

S. Jones
11-13-2003, 08:26 AM
ER do you also hate ethnic minorities?

Hermit of Hogscald
11-13-2003, 09:29 AM
John, do you know if they have pinpointed the origin of AIDS?
I heard a few years back that it was through some monkeys in Africa?

I think it all got started when those in Africa started having SEX with those monkey's. -Eureka Rebel-

Question has already been adequately answered. I'm surprised you even asked it!

EurekaRebel
11-13-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by S. Jones:
ER do you also hate ethnic minorities?

NO, except for the ones that don't work and feed off the taxpayer, which also includes some Caucasians as well.

It's the overt gays that bother me the most and the fact that this town welcomes them FOUR times a year to strut their stuff in a public display. Is this what Eureka is all about? No wonder tourism is shot to hell!

Case in point - today's Lovely County Citizen
and the photo of that "whatever" in it's "shock & awe" costume at the Copa Saturday night. Good grief that is SO disgusting.
Why flaunt yourself like that in a public venue? It's weird and downright disgusting.

Becky Davis
11-13-2003, 11:06 AM
So what you are saying is that it is not really being gay that bothers you, it the flaunting of being gay or what you consider being lewd behavior that is the problem?
I think that is a fair statement. Most people would not want to put up with lewd behavior in public no matter what the sexual orientation.
Have you been to City Hall to protest what you think is an over abundance of Diversity Weekends?
Or are you speaking of any show of affection between gays in public?

[This message has been edited by Becky Davis (edited 11-13-2003).]

sweetness&light
11-13-2003, 11:18 AM
Kim,
The only problem with wearing flannel against flannel (like bra against shirt or shirt against flannel sheets) is that flannel tends to be immovable and sticks together like duct tape to duct tape, narrow minds to narrow minds. It has no separate flow and fluidity like silk against silk, creativity or open minds.

But it does keep you warm in the winter (probably from that tight weave, cloistered effect) and sweaty in the summer (from the over bearing closed, one-track [or should that be 'tract'?] burn in hell motiff).

Now sing with me, children: Give me that old time slinky silk, give me that old time slinky silk, give me that old time slinky silk...it was good enough for Mae West and it's good enough for me.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled herecticking, politicking, and just generally fricking.

C-mo
11-13-2003, 12:34 PM
rebel, how can you stand to live in such a den of iniquity? Maybe you should think about joining anita bryant in branson. You'd probably be much more at home there. You and anita could get together and bash gay people; and unlike all us gay loving Eureka heathens, bransonians might be more open to your hatred of folks that are different than you.

Lany Ballance
11-13-2003, 01:14 PM
BTW, ER, if you go you probably shouldn't look back lest you be turned into a pillar of salt. http://www.geekfest.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Lita
11-14-2003, 04:04 AM
Damn........and I thought that was a great picture in the LCC ! (thanks John).
When I grow up, I want to look like Jordan Sax.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone notice FULL parking lots, people EVERYWHERE, motel rooms full, people buying gas, groceries, souvenouirs, restaurants busy, all in all...everyone having a great time ? Just curious........because that is what other business owners have been telling me.

Sorry we may not agree on this ER, but I for one LOVE Diversity weekend.....and will support it til my dying breath ! By the way, there are TWO Diversity weekends next year....not 4. (unless someone else steps up to the plate and wants to organize another one).

Happy Friday !

Lita

Cris Dunnam
11-14-2003, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Lita:
Just out of curiosity, did anyone notice FULL parking lots, people EVERYWHERE, motel rooms full, people buying gas, groceries, souvenouirs, restaurants busy, all in all...everyone having a great time ? Just curious........because that is what other business owners have been telling me.

Exactly what I noticed, Lita.

When a business (such as yours) is packed at 3 in the afternoon in November, this is a good thing for the WHOLE town. The taxes paid benefit the WHOLE economy of Eureka Springs - even those individuals and businesses that disagree or are even disgusted by it all. As was pointed out in earlier posts, the CAPC puts out nothing for these 2 diversity events, yet it has a positive impact on our economy.

My sister-in-law was in town visiting that weekend. We went out with a small group of friends on Friday night. She was amazed at the “diversity” of the crowd & music at the Lumberyard. When she said diversity, she wasn’t using any kind of “gay code.” She meant that she had never seen bikers, rednecks, lesbians, gays, yuppies, etc. in one bar at one time listening to country, classic rock, disco, pop, etc.

When a tourist asks if “such n’ such” bar is a gay bar (because they don’t wanna go to a gay bar) I tell them no, there are no “gay bars” in Eureka. There are bars owned by gay people that all kinds of people go to - and there are bars owned by straight people that all kinds of people go to . . . . . etc.

In spite of what ER says (which gets less credible with each of his ignorant & irrational posts) there were no parades flaunting anyone's "gayness." There was a packed town full of commerce at the end of what many would agree was a less-than-great tourist season.

Becky Davis
11-14-2003, 07:36 AM
I plead guilty that I didn't even know it was Diversity Weekend. A straight friend from Hot Springs told me about it. She had wanted to go with a couple of her gay friends, (one of who is a cop) but caught that respiratory bug going around and could not go.
Apparently, it does not need much advertising, it is promoting itself through word of mouth.
My sister-in-law was much like ER. She is married to a southen baptist minister and felt pretty much the same way about gays. A couple of years ago her forty something, southern baptist minister, only sibling brother, came out of the closet. She has since done some serious rethinking.
He had lived a straight life for all of his life based on his biblical upbringing. Finally admitted how totally miserable he had been. He was on the verge of a breakdown and suicide.
It took more courage than I can imagine to come out in his position. Today, he is happy. He still loves God and still ministers, even though he has been rejected by his own church.

Kaye Miller
11-14-2003, 07:42 AM
The solution to flannel against flannel is to wear foil between layers.

I mean, I buy you books and buy you books....

sweetness&light
11-14-2003, 08:26 AM
Yeah, but you keep ripping out all the pictures.

Lita
11-14-2003, 10:28 AM
Wow....a Southern Baptist minister coming out of the closet ? That took some major courage on his part. I know people whom have come to Diversity weekend in Eureka for years
that hold high positions in their jobs. They aren't "out of the closet" where they live due to all of the hell they would have to endure if they did. They are scared of losing these high powered jobs because they are gay. When they come to Eureka, they know they can be themselves, and stop "hiding" for a couple of days.
I noticed this year there were more gay men than in years past. Usually, the lesbians have outnumbered the gay men 5 to 1. This means word of mouth is traveling. I have had BIG Diversity Organizations emailing me from all over the country. They are wanting to get Eureka Springs on their websites, and info sent out on their mailing lists (which are HUGE), so people will know about Diversity Weekends in Eureka. I am guessing next April Diversity weekend will be bigger than this one. I have answered emails for 6 months about Diversity weekends, and next year we will have even more people working on it. Isn't it amazing what just a few people can do ? (with no money to work with).

Lita

Becky Davis
11-14-2003, 10:41 AM
Yeppers!!

PenDragon
11-14-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Lita:
Wow....a Southern Baptist minister coming out of the closet?

Lita, I have a very dear friend who was once a high profile Southern Baptist minister in Alabama. He was even married to Miss America once upon a time and had two very lovely children.

After living from childhood on up trying to suppress his gayness (one of the reasons he became a minister and the only reason he married Miss America), he finally could no longer live the lie he had been living and forcing his wife to live like "just a best friend", he came out of the closet and gave up pretenting.

He's happy now (and so is his former wife too, she is now in a marriage to a wonderful heterosexual man where she is very happy). He has been with his partner for close to 30 years now and they are extremely happy. He is still in the ministry, just not in the Southern Baptist convention. He is an amazing man, brilliant, an incredible teacher, a devoted spouse and loyal friend. And I can still beat him at Trivial Pursuit! http://www.geekfest.com/ubb/biggrin.gif