PDA

View Full Version : King Gladden in Plane Wreck?

justathought
10-09-2003, 06:32 AM
Has anyone else heard the news that King Gladden was in a plane crash? Came in on the prayer request line last night. Word was he was in critcal condition that has been upgraded to stable. Anymore information on this tragic event?

Cris Dunnam
10-09-2003, 07:58 AM
I have just gotten information that was indeed a crash outside of Harrison and King is at the hospital in Springfield. Many from our town have been there all night and many are leaving as I type to be at his side.

No word on his actual condition, or if Grace was with him at the time of the crash.

I'm sure everyone reading this thread joins Barb & myself in prayers that all will be well. We all hope soon he will be back doing business and being that shining light we have all come to rely on in Eureka Springs.

[This message has been edited by Cris Dunnam (edited 10-09-2003).]

10-09-2003, 08:42 AM
I add my prayers for King and his family to the many I know are being said.

oldwizard
10-09-2003, 08:58 AM
Mary, Jim Nelson's manager at Nelson's Leather and Crazy Bone, just told me that King is in stable condition and that he is in St. Johns Hospital, in Springfield. Best wishes to King and all his extended family.

Glenn Strange

Lany Ballance
10-09-2003, 09:46 AM
He has our best wishes for his rapid and complete recovery as well.

Lita
10-09-2003, 09:48 AM
I got a phone call last night. The person said King and Tony had taken Kings Mother to St. Louis and dropped her off. On the way back they had to make a landing at the Harrison airport and clipped the trees, when they had engine failure. This person also said King had a broken knee, and they were keeping an eye on his spleen. Tony had lacerations, and was walking around outside the plane when help arrived, dazed and in shock. That is all I heard last night, and I haven't heard of any updates today.

I pray they are both doing well. Sounds like their Guardian Angels were looking after them last night.

Lita
10-09-2003, 10:28 AM
Just heard he also had a bad injury around his eye. This is one of those cases where we probably won't know all of the facts until him and Tony get home.

Thank God they are in stable condition.

Cris Dunnam
10-09-2003, 11:24 AM
Better News!!

I just received word through bank channels that King is in good shape and that he wants to thank us all for our well wishes; and for everyone in our great community to please play down the severity of the incident.

Once out of surgery this morning he passed the word to Elizabeth at the bank that he will be at work tomorrow!

What a guy!!!