PDA

View Full Version : Food Bank Update !

Lita
11-30-2003, 07:51 PM
The Karaoke contest for the last three saturdays at the Copa has put the Food Bank donations up to 260.00 ! Also, people have dropped off food items as well ! Our goal is 1200.00 to "load the Copa Truck" with groceries to help them make it through January and February. We still have another 4 weeks to gather donations......so PLEASE, bring us your spare change or whatever you can afford to give. (or we will gladly come and pick it up).

Thanks to everyone who entered the contest. The 9 finalist are now chosen, and the big night of the finals will be December 13th.
The Food Bank jar will be going around the room a lot that night, and hopefully we can put a big dent in our 1200.00 goal !

Thanks everyone !

Happy Holidays !

Lita
www.copacabanaclub.com (http://www.copacabanaclub.com)
479-253-2557 Home
479-253-2305 Copa

p.s.
Remember the Copa is now on winter hours, open Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 6:00 to 2:00 a.m.

ArkansawHillbillys
11-30-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Lita:
Food Bank donations up to 260.00 ! Also, people have dropped off food items as well ! Our goal is 1200.00 to "load the Copa Truck"

Lita...who were the nine finalists?

Lita
11-30-2003, 08:33 PM
I don't have my list here, but I can tell you last night 1st place was Joel, (he totally worked the crowd and won them over), 2nd place was Mary Anne, from Community First Bank ! (she sang Aretha Franklin and totally blew everyone away with Chain of Fools....that girl can sing her butt off)!
3rd place went to Julie (whom also had a helluva voice and worked the crowd). If I am not mistaken, I beleive she was the one from Oklahoma who will be traveling back to be in the finals contest.
The first round winners were Greg, TJ, and Jack. My mind is BLANK.....I am trying to remember last weeks winners. SHEESH ! My list is at the Copa, sorry I will try and remember the other three. There were so many entrys, I can't remember. ( really, it's the Alzheimers again).
Where were you and the Mrs. ?????