PDA

View Full Version : Biannual training sessions for commissioners.

soulself
08-11-2002, 09:26 AM
Origonaly posted by Royal Alcott:

"Another resource provided by this office is training for historic district commissioners and their staff. AHPP sponsors quarterly training meetings for CLG coordinators and biannual training sessions for commissioners. Eureka Springs has not been represented at any of these functions since April 2001.
The CLG program is also providing travel costs for more than a dozen representatives from Arkansas HDC's to receive intensive training at the 2002 Forum of the National Association of Preservation Commissions in San Antonio this August. Eureka Springs was the only Arkansas CLG that did not apply for these funds.
Additionally, the Arkansas Institute for Preservation Building trades is presenting a series of restoration workshops around the state this summer. In a recent grant cycle, CLG funding allowed several cities to host these workshops on historically correct restoration practices for wood windows and deteriorated masonry. Eureka Springs was also invited to apply for these funds but did not."
Boyd I. Maher
CLG State Coordinator
The Department of Arkansas Heritage
July 19, 2001

Okay so, I'm just trying to understand this;

“Eureka Springs has not been represented at any of these functions since April 2001.”

“AHPP sponsors quarterly training meetings for CLG coordinators and biannual training sessions for commissioners.”

Mr. Alcott,
I don’t want to get on a high horse or anything you understand but, you are right Mr. Alcott !!! I want everyone to know!!! I'll shout it from thr roof tops!!!!

Does anyone know who represented Eureka Springs in April 2001?
Does anyone know if any HDC commissioners would like to attend future biannual training sessions?
Could this be discussed at the next meeting now that everyone knows about the grant program?
Or would that solve a problem? Cuzz we don’t want to resolve anything now do we? All we can do is wave our hands in the air and complain.

Soulself

[This message has been edited by soulself (edited 08-11-2002).]

Royal Alcott
08-11-2002, 10:18 AM
Out of sympathy for an obvious illiterate, may I suggest that there are a lot of programs like Reading For Dummies.

The problem has been resolved. The state will bypass the city hall and send future information directly to the commission where decisions to particpate or not will be made by commission members.

The thread question of WHY, like all of the other questions asked of CDP sneering committee member DeVito has not been answered.

soulself
08-11-2002, 10:37 AM
Wow, that really hurt Mr. Alcott.
Coming from you. Coming from someone who is so superior to everyone.
How could anyone possibly compete with your intellect?

But out of sympathy for an obvious bitter lonely old man, I will only say I hope you find happiness in your heart one day. I hope you find someone to love you some day. I hope your anger leaves you one day before you die, then you could have a life.

Lucinda
08-11-2002, 12:49 PM
Royal........

Royal Alcott
08-11-2002, 12:57 PM
Try Psychiatry for Dummies too.

I have a very full life and know no lonliness.

Read my license plate. It is a merged set of initials, mine and hers.

From your childlishness I would say anyone 18 or older is old to you.

Soulselfish, I asked only for silence.

Respect that!

And get back on the subject here which is a question for DeVito, WHY?

seemstome
08-11-2002, 06:08 PM
Royal and Kathy
I’d like to know where u get your info
From what I understand neither of u spend any time at city hall..
So it can’t be fact…
And kathy I hope u researched this better then u did the bike fiasco u
Brought to the last city council meeting…
I can not take either of u serious…and I do live inside the
City limits and can vote…

oldguy
08-11-2002, 07:20 PM
The subject was addressed by the state when the DHC submitted the revisions that they are doing trying to update the guidelines.
If the god of euerka would not have been off they probably would have never known.

Kaye Miller
08-11-2002, 07:42 PM
My heart goes out to "hers"!!

Mr. DeVito, I believe Mr. Alcott is one of your assets now. If I were able to vote, I would vote for anything/everything Royal Alcott is against. He just keeps proving knowldege does not necessarily mean wisdom. However, knowledge does quite often run hand in hand with arrogance.

Lucinda ask me on another thread which side of the boat I was on. Personally, I'm gonna wait until Royal sits down and then run in the opposite direction!!

This could have been a good place to share your thoughts about and hopes for ES, but I will certainly understand if you choose to never answer any question here.

Royal Alcott
08-11-2002, 08:02 PM
seemstome-

Things get left in my screen door. I can document anything I write.

Ms Miller-

How can you use arrogance and DeVito in the same sentence without recognizing the connection?

You want to see raw, stupid arrogance in action? I have him on tape.

Stay tuned for more truths no one is supposed to know.

Kaye Miller
08-11-2002, 08:35 PM
Oh, Royal, you sweet talkin' devil you!!

I did not use DeVito and arrogance in the same sentence. Get them bifocals out honey!! And I have the document!!!!!

"Be leery of things left in screen doors." Old Chinese saying. However, I cannot document this.

[This message has been edited by Kaye Miller (edited 08-11-2002).]

Harikat
08-12-2002, 08:42 PM
Seemstome,

I go to City Hall to pick up my agenda and ask questions when necessary. I do not sit behind closed doors at City Hall deciding what we can or can not pull off, or how to word an ordinance to help a friend, or improve a situation for a buddy.

I am out there talking to people, I walk and ride my bike alot. I listen to what they have to say, and try to bring their concerns to the council table.

Royal is not stupid. If he has paperwork I doubt he'd publish it without conformation it is authentic. The papers he's recieved from state representatives offices, and from a Judge are surely not fake.

I'm not sure why representing signatures of over 500 people in their desire to have enforcement of an Arkansas law regarding mufflers is a fiasco. That's more people than vote in some elections around here. So...you're saying I should have blown them off???

Royal Alcott
08-12-2002, 10:14 PM
Ms Miller-

Same paragraph except arrogance and Devito were too far apart.

If you want to back a candidate for mayor who is on the city council but doesn't know what the city council or city hall does for his CDP sneering committee that is your privilege.

But I must assume that his refusal to answer
questions about city council and CDP actions means he does not know and he is too arrogant to admit that he is not the insider the pretends to be.

"In the screen door"is a figure of speech which means I get informtion from many people in town, out of town and out of state by snail mail, e mail and telephone.

Members of congress and other elected and appointed officials and insiders are my main sources.

Since DeVito is your main source I remain LOL!

Kaye Miller
08-13-2002, 07:33 AM
Does this mean we now have a new pivitol person for Eureka?? You do know the city cannot afford to provide you with a cell phone.

I'm not backing anyone. I HAVE asked Mr. DeVito questions. I also stated later I wouldn't blame him for not answering anything on this board. I will ask the person whose campaign you are managing questions too. Just as soon as she declares. This declaration will not be a surprise to anyone.

Here, I'll start playing along now.

Yore tactics have been so thinly vieled any "mushrom" (I beleive this phraze came from Royal Alcot not the CDP) out their could/should have picked up on them. Do you and yore candate think the peeple of Eureka canot rekognise timeing and mudd slinging when they see it?

How'd I do?

oldguy
08-13-2002, 08:04 AM
Pretty good for having you head up your---
If it smell like feels and taste like well it more that likely is.

Kaye Miller
08-13-2002, 08:26 AM
Aahh, oldguy, you old sweetie. What panache, what finesse, you golden-tounged devil you!!

Forever Curious
08-13-2002, 09:16 AM
I think I'm gonna throw up. I ain't even curious about this. It's too obvious.

I will not ask Harikat if she is running. The build up to detonation has been too obvious for weeks. If those who have supported Beau in the past have been getting nervous, well, fear not, he had a plan in the works all along. Did you ever doubt it?

S'cuse me. Now, I gotta throw up.

------------------
I am Woman! I love Eureka Springs! I remain undaunted!

I am - Forever Curious
ForeverCurious@msn.com

Royal Alcott
08-13-2002, 09:20 AM
Ms Miller-

Why have you gone to speculating when you excell at expectorating?

Hasn't Mr. Insider Wannabe told you who the CDP is also running for mayor?

Or hasn't Yuuma told him?

oldguy
08-13-2002, 04:19 PM
MS Miller You ain't seem nothing till you see it work when removing chocolet of something warm

Kaye Miller
08-13-2002, 07:54 PM
Now I ask you. After reading the two posts above, wouldn't it just make you proud to have Royal and oldguy in your corner?? I have to ask myself - and perhaps Mrs. Harrison should too - would they be considered assets or liabilities. At least Royal uses his name. oldguy doesn't have the backbone.

C-mo, good to have you aboard. I was beginning to feel like a lonely little mushroom in an onion patch.

snowdiva
08-13-2002, 11:34 PM
With all due respect to EVERYONE....Please, argue, discuss, and talk all you want. I find it very interesting. But...please, do it in a adult, kind, way. Iam not trying to be a goody two-shoes, but, for pete's sake, stop this nasty talking and insinuations.There are enough words in the english language to express yourself exactly as you wish without resorting to ugliness. Thank you very much,........S.D. http://www.geekfest.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by snowdiva (edited 08-14-2002).]

soulself
08-14-2002, 09:30 AM
Mr. Alcott,
I apologize for my earlier comments obviously intended to offend you personally. I felt insulted, not only for myself but others who have been verbally attacked for simply having an opinion.
I struck back without consideration for your feeling and for that I am sorry.

I will respect your request for silence and you will continue to receive the respect from me, that you deserve.

Soulself

[This message has been edited by soulself (edited 08-14-2002).]