PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Shows are SELLING FAST!

Keith
07-21-2002, 11:32 PM
Hey there geekfestians!

Just an neighborhood FYI- My laptop was down for a week, (thanks to the beautiful PIMs, I now have a really kick ass new one!) Anyway, I just checked the Ticket Sales Log, and tickets are moving quickly.

Just so everyone knows, the next big shows are:

Charlie Robison August 3rd, Black Oak Arkansas August 24th (2 shows), and Brewer & Shipley (with Hello Dave) October 11 & 12!

There are other great shows we are waiting to hear on, and they will be posted soon! Some will blow you away- TOP 10 entertainers making a pit stop from the BIG venues to play in Eureka! VERY COOL STUFF!!

Thanks for supporting the shows this past weekend- IT WAS OUR BUSIEST this month!

leon bee
07-22-2002, 07:46 AM
Its a free country, (and a free forum), but aren't you about the only person regularly advertising here?

Jan Ridenour
07-22-2002, 08:13 AM
It's great! Sure wish more would let everyone know what's happening in town. And since there are many tourists that read this board, it's nice to have them aware of what's going on too.

This past weekend there were some great entertainers in town..the Copa, the Lumberyard, Center Stage, Basin...all were rockin'

It's nice to see the town busy and hear music in the air!

PMilam
07-22-2002, 10:22 AM
I enjoy hearing what is going on around town, even if I seldom haul my lazy butt out on the weekends..
So, what I'm saying is that it doesn't bother me a bit to know who is playing where, or when John has plants on sale.. etc..
Emily Kaitz is playing at Sparkys this Thurs. night.. http://www.geekfest.com/ubb/cool.gif

Toad Lilly
07-22-2002, 10:38 AM
Hello Dave was really, really great! Thanks Keith. You are doing a fabulous job at the Lumberyard and now at Center Stage too. It's great to have something to do after 9:00 on weekends. Eureka needed this very badly. Not everyone goes to bed at dark and a lot more people will come to Eureka as the word gets out that we actually don't roll up the sidewalks at 10:00.

If you haven't been partaking of any of the wonderful shows Keith has had at the Lumberyard, you're really missing out. The comedy has been outstanding and the music is always great. Surely you can miss your bedtime now and then! Live a little and see what you've been missing! I guarantee a couple hours of missed sleep is worth it.

When you go, ask Keith for one of his "apple pie" shots. They're to die for!!

oops
07-22-2002, 05:04 PM
Man their is only 5 or 6 maybe 7 people that read this board.

DJred
07-22-2002, 05:59 PM
I need to give Keith a big thumbs up for the fact that he is making me more anxious to take my leave in January. I will have spent a year over here in the middle east with no vacation and knowing there is actually going to be something fun to do when I return to Eureka in January is very exciting. Thank you Keith for the posts!

gayle
07-22-2002, 06:07 PM
Comedy nights at the lumberyard!!! Now I know what I want to do on my next trip to Eureka!!!!! Thanks for the heads up!

outsider2002
07-22-2002, 06:50 PM
'Man their is only 5 or 6 maybe 7 people that read this board.'
...I don't think so!
Re an other post of yours, that no idiots fom anywhere else are on this list: probably you are right - no _idiots_, but for sure some literate people..., people that know how to spell, and that don't necessarily need to insult others...

Keith
07-22-2002, 06:50 PM
I actually started posting "ads" here after hearing I was not doing a good job of letting the locals know whats going on. I am a local, and love hearing from Lita and others from time to time about the "what's ups"-

I do not hide who I am since, I take pride in what we have going on in our town, and in our venue. We have also advertised lots of FREE items including inviting Geekfestians out at no charge from time to time.

I post under an alias/nickname from time to time when I want to contribute other thoughts- satire mostly since this is one of the most entertaining things I read! http://www.geekfest.com/ubb/wink.gif

Thanks to all for the support, and I honestly, earnestly would not abuse this forum for personal gain- (do not need to, really!) just an info outlet to my community and friends. Thanks for your support!

DJred
07-24-2002, 12:54 PM
WHOA!!! I am listening to internet radio here at work and a song by Hello Dave just came on!! It is called "sweetness" and I am really impressed. I am jealous I don't get to see them live! Will they still be playing Eureka come January???

sweetness&light
07-24-2002, 12:57 PM
Did you say "sweetness"? And the legend lives on.....

MaryAnn
07-24-2002, 03:09 PM
DJRed - Sweetness just happens to be my favorite Hello Dave song... That is really cool that you are able to listen to them overseas.... the internet is amazing.
I know they are playing again in October...Maybe SOMEONE can convince them to play again in January http://www.geekfest.com/ubb/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by MaryAnn (edited 07-24-2002).]

Keith
07-25-2002, 10:50 AM
I wish APPLE PIE was my concauction- but it is the brew- and a delicious, powerful one at that of our bartender- "Big Donny Baseball" (his Granny actually mixed it up and passed on the recipe to him.)

I am just the sole, privileged purveyor of this delightful, and addicting beverage!

- On a Hello Dave note, DJRed, have you heard Summertime yet? That is our collective theme song over here! And yes- Hello Dave will be around the Lumberyard as long as Don is serving Pie!

Ruben Kincaid
07-29-2002, 07:23 PM
Charlie Robison - In Eureka Springs? Are you for real? I just saw him on "Most Requested Live" on CMT- very cool!

Lucinda
07-30-2002, 07:21 PM
DJred - I've been amuzing myself with my new found pasttime, thanks to jan and kim, checking IP addresses. WHAT THE HELL do you do for a living anyway - not that you are likely to answer me :-O In anycase, you must have a lighting fast internet connection :)