PDA

View Full Version : Yoga of Sound in Eureka

BethMartin
10-17-2003, 11:01 AM
Edie Bird asked me to pass this message on to as many folks in Eureka as possible:

Dear Friends,
A gifted musican, teacher and someone I consider a spiritual master especially important in this emerging Interspiritual Age is coming to Eureka next weekend. Russill Paul, from Tamilnadu, South India, former monk at Saccidananda Ashram in Tamilnadu (an Ashram dedicated to immersion in both Eastern and Western spiritual forms). This exceptionally gifted musician and chant leader will be in Eureka Springs from Friday, October 24 - Monday, October 27. Russill has 7 CD's recorded on the Gaiam and Nature Company labels. His AM and PM Yoga series topped amazon.com's New Age charts for several months running. He teaches with a number of internationally known folks: Matthew Fox, Andrew Harvey, Wayne Teasdale, among others. He teaches at Naropa and at the University of Creation Spirituality (where I'm doing doctoral studies). I've taken 4 courses with him in Yoga of Sound, as well as the pilgrimage to India that he and Asha offer, and found all of my encounters with Russill's teaching deeply transformative in body and soul.
Russill will be doing a FREE presentation on the Yoga of Sound Friday, Oct. 24 at 7 pm at St. James, 28 Prospect, Eureka Springs.
He will offer a workshop specially geared for yoga practitioners, teachers and healers on Saturday, Oct. 25 from 1 pm - 5 pm at the Unitarian Church, 17 Elk St., in Eureka Springs. ($40 in advance, $50 at the door)
Russill and musical guests (Michael Garrett among them) will offer a concert Saturday night at 7:30 pm at the Unitarian Church. ($10 in advance, $12 at the door).
Sunday evening, from 6 pm - 9 pm, Russill offers an evening of awakening the soul with chant and trance dance at the Basin Park Hotel 6th floor ballroom ($30 for just Sunday night), which will continue with more meditation, chant, and gentle movement on Monday from 9am - 4pm. ($100 for the full Sunday/Monday retreat).
Interested persons can contact Edie Bird ebird@earthlink.net or 253-8610 (St. James Church) for more information. Checks for events should be made to St. James Church and sent to 28 Prospect St, Eureka Springs, AR 72632.
Please send this out to anyone you think might be interested if you can - I really believe there are a number of people out there who would benefit a great deal from spending time with Russill Paul - that's why I made the commitment to bring him here again this year. I'd like to bring him to Eureka once a year and would love for people to benefit from this rare opportunity to study with someone who is an amazing musician and spiritual teacher, and deeply immersed in the spiritual traditions and practices of the both the East and the West in his approach.
Thanks so much - Many blessings on this beautiful day.
Edie Bird