PDA

View Full Version : The Copas' Annual Food Bank Fundraiser !

Lita
11-16-2003, 04:26 PM
Last night went great ! We had a full house for the first round of the 1,000.00 karaoke contest and food bank fundraiser. Some brought groceries and some brought cash ! All of the 5.00 entry fees to be in the contest are also donated to the Food Bank.

If you or someone you know would like to be in the contest, and help out our local Food Bank, this is how it works.

Donate 5.00 to enter, then pick a song to sing out of our karaoke book. You will be judged on Vocal Ability, Stage Presence, and Applause. (bring your cheering section)! If you place 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place, you will then be in the finals on December 13th. There are two more saturdays to have a chance at getting the big bucks ! On December 13th, entertainers from Branson will be here to do the final judging. First place will receive 500.00, Second place 300.00, Third place 200.00 .

We aren't doing cover charges at the door, but we ask everyone to please bring a few extra dollars, or non perishable food items to help out Flint Street Food Bank. If you aren't able to be at the Copa to donate, please call me, and I will be more than happy to pick up donations you have. Our goal is 1200.00 ! (last year we ran a few hundred short of our goal and some local "angels" called at the last minute to help out, and we met our goal). I will never forget that. This amount enables me to find the sales, and completely FILL my truck (front and back)running over the edges, with groceries to deliver to the food bank. January and February are the months there is the most need, and this helps them make it through.

Thanks to everyone who supports this effort every year. I've said it before, and I'll say it again......Eureka is the best when it comes to helping our own !

Time to pull together and help fill those shelves !

Thank you,

Lita Braswell
www.copacabanaclub.com (http://www.copacabanaclub.com)
Home 479-253-2557
Copa (after 6:00 p.m. Thursday, Friday, Saturday) 479-253-2305

Kim Yonkee
11-16-2003, 09:57 PM
I promise to bring as many packages of food as you want if you don't make me sing. http://www.geekfest.com/ubb/wink.gif

Barb Deschner
11-17-2003, 08:13 PM
Eureka Kids will help! Our kids place a great deal of value on helping others.

We are also collecting food to distribute to our needy families and this will help us to eliminate the stigma of receiving. Our kids giving will mean they will have a stake in helping the community.
The Flint St. Food Bank has been a great help to us. They provided us snacks for our kids when we needed it most. They also understood our need to provide for kids. Many families benefited from the help they provided us and over 100 Eureka Kids were the beneficiaries of the snacks this summer.

I will bring buy collections next week!

Barb

Lita
11-18-2003, 03:46 PM
Thanks Barb, and thanks to the Eureka Kids !
Ya'll are great !

Also, thanks to the shop "Lilly's" downtown ! Mike and Tammy are on their way right now to pick up your donation.

As I said before, we will be glad to pick up any donations you have, just give me a call or send me an email. We can be there rain, snow, or sunshine.

Thank You ,

Lita
253-2557
Litaann@mynewroads.com

Lita
11-22-2003, 12:54 PM
Tonight is the second round ! The ones who came in to practice last night were AWESOME ! There are some FANTASTIC singers
entering tonight.

(Kim, I won't make you sing dear). I know how much you and Jan LOVE karaoke. I PROMISE YOU.....ya'll would thoroughly ENJOY listening to the folks competeing tonight ! WOW !

Folks.....don't forget those non-perishable food items for Flint St. Food Bank!

Thanks,

Lita

george jeffrey
11-22-2003, 03:51 PM
Lita, you are truly blessed to do this every year! I do not know what the food bank would do with out you. Keep up the good work Dear. George.

------------------
George Jeffrey