PDA

View Full Version : Shows at The Lumberyard Saloon

Keith
05-23-2002, 10:54 AM
I received an email today from appearantly a handful of ladies that were upset that the Lumberyard Bistro~Dancehall~Saloon was not doing enough to "inform the locals" of what we have headed to Eureka.

I would like to apologize for this, but we have tried to publish in every print media suitable for our venue, and have a great relationship with the radio station in Berryville getting started (107.1FM) and already reciprocating a ton with 93.3FM The Eagle in Fayetteville.

I certainly do not want anyone to think we are just serving the tourists! We love being part of the tourism in Eureka Springs - but the majority of our business so far has been locals- lots and lots of locals! THANKS for that http://www.geekfest.com/ubb/smile.gif

We do have great shows coming up this summer & fall! They all can be seen on our website (which is awesome thanks to PIM) and tickets can be bought there for the shows that are completely ready to go.

A Summary is-

Free Memorial Day Rock Concert with an emerging band -"DRY" from Illinois - NO COVER
93.3FM's Anastasia, and The Eagle are broadcasting live from our place Saturday Night

THE BEST BLUES we could dream up for Blues Fest- ARCHIE LEE HOOKER, JR. & FINIS TASBY (Whose resumes are off the charts!) and PSUEDO BLUES & THE MUDCATS

Nationally touring Improv style Comedy the second weekend of June & July

JUNE 14th- 2 shows (7pm & 9:30pm) 60's Rockers and legendary music of THE BYRDS

JUNE 21 & 22 - LOCAL ICONS and great musicians THE ZACH BRAMHALL BAND - NO COVER!

JUNE 27th - 9 time Grammy award winning Country Mega Stars ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL! - 1 show, limited seating!

Other artists booked include ONLY INFINITY & later HELLO DAVE - both bands from Chicago, COUNTRY STAR CHARLIE ROBISON, 70's ROCK ICONS BLACK OAK ARKANSAS, FOLK ROCK LEGENDS BREWER & SHIPLEY

ALL TICKETS ARE AS CHEAP AS WE CAN AFFORD! AND SELLING WELL I MIGHT ADD- WE DO NOT ANYONE TO MISS OUT.

- We want to be the BEST HONKY TONK IN THE OZARKS!

Thanks for 2 INCREDIBLE Inaugural Weeks Eureka!
www.lumberyardsaloon.com (http://www.lumberyardsaloon.com)

memyself&I
05-31-2002, 08:13 AM
I would just like to congratulate The Lumberyard on being such a great hang out for locals. It is evident that they are just not catering to tourists. Thanks Keith and all of your staff!!!

Barb
05-31-2002, 10:10 AM
I'm not a "bar person" at all, but my husband and I were curious and checked out The Lumberyard last night. Did you know Thurs. nights you can pay $10.00 and drink all the beer you want? What a deal! We had a great time as the music wasn't so loud that you couldn't talk to your neighbor. We met the owner, Keith, and eventhough he was very busy he pulled up a chair and visited with us. I was impressed with his knowledge of the music business and his dedication to making The Lumberyard a success. Hey, Keith, the fact that ME, Barb McClung, is PLANNING on coming back and visitng your place again is a testament to what you've got going! Enjoyed the atmosphere, enjoyed the people, enjoyed our visit. THANKS!!!

Keith
05-31-2002, 01:51 PM
Barb- We are working hard to make exactly people with your taste like our little "Honky Tonk". Through the week it has quickly been adopted as a haunt for our local folk- But we want you to find a good weekend event too! Comedy, Country, Rock, Jazz, BLUES!!!

Do Not Be Mislead though- we have insulated the place soooo much, and filled the stage with so much gear, when the time comes to turn the volume up, we are good at that too!

Barb
06-01-2002, 08:21 AM
And don't worry my friend--when that time comes that I come to your place for good music I will WANT that volume loud so I can groove to it! Boy, I'm giving my age away now using that term!

car,son
06-03-2002, 09:50 AM
Keith
My job at the OZ is not working out. If by any chance you might still be interested in possibly employing me please let me not. I really believe I have a lot to offer you as an employee not matter what position you wanted me for. sonnycarter@yahoo.com.

Toad Lilly
06-03-2002, 11:48 AM
Hey Keith!
The show on Friday night was fabulous. Hope you had a full house on Saturday night. I wish everybody could have had the opportunity to listen to the great music. You did a great job in getting these two legends here for us to hear. You have really made a great spot to relax and enjoy-music, pool, great food and most importantly a wonderful staff to take care of everybody. I look forward to many wonderful evenings in the Lumberyard.

Keith
06-03-2002, 08:43 PM
Anyone who was there Saturday will have to testify- the last two hours were SOOO electrifying it was almost a supernatural experience! When Archie Lee Hooker & Finis Tasby BLEW the place apart with John Lee Hooker's Band and Daughter encoring with SWEET HOME CHICAGO, and BOOGIE MAN! The cheers from the OVERCROWDED Dance floor sent chills up my spine!

And did anyone figure out that was Rich Kirch on lead Guitar- who played as a headliner the following Sunday afternoon after flying to Chicago for the Chicago Blues Fest (80,000 people attended!) AND HE WANTS TO PLAY IN THE LUMBERYARD AGAIN!!! Check out his website at www.richkirch.com (http://www.richkirch.com) - He just finished working this past year with Keith Richards, and is one of the BEST guitarists anytime, anywhere!

We are thinking about an encore performance when everyone's schedules can get back in this country, and off tour- HOW ABOUT 'BLUES-TOBER-FEST" in October?

This weekend is comedy- ALL LOCALS CAN GET IN FOR HALF PRICE FRIDAY NIGHT! The Line up is a great one! Check it out- again at our website www.lumberyardsaloon.com (http://www.lumberyardsaloon.com)

Sonny, I would love to talk to you- email me at info@lumberyardsaloon.com Sorry about OZ- I know they are trying hard!

Keith

S. Jones
06-04-2002, 01:01 PM
"HOW ABOUT 'BLUES-TOBER-FEST" in October"

It was tried a couple of times but didn`t work. I think if handled right it is a great idea!

Toad Lilly
06-04-2002, 03:32 PM
Actually, it was called Autumnfest I think. You'll have to ask Sally for sure. It was scheduled for an all day concert at Leatherwood and it poured down rain all day. So, all the bands got together that nite at Center Stage (Haddyn Sayer, Tab Benoit, Tommy Castro, Zydeco Blues Band, and a couple others. The bands rotated drummers, guitar, etc. and just took turns and they all played with different people sitting in. It was beyond fabulous. They were still playing at 4:00 AM when we finally had to give up and go home. I was so disappointed that they never had it again. Sure would like you to try something like that Keith. All these bands love Eureka and would probably come back anytime you gave them a reason.

S. Jones
06-04-2002, 07:28 PM
My brother and I, Pat Sweeney, and a couple of others played in a tent that was set up next to the auditorium while it was pouring rain. There were actual shows in the auditorium besides the jam you are speaking of. It happened 2 years.

The first Blues Fest went about the same way. It was scheduled for Leatherwood, it rained so we ended up having it in the lower level of the auditiorium. Starring James Morgan.

Actually the first one (not credited) was Cedell Davis in the Basin Ballroom.

Keith
06-06-2002, 12:29 AM
I am going to at least work on a monster blues show for the Lumberyard in October- and one other HEADLINER that will draw business into town- and... I would love to hear what other bar owners are interested in doing!

We already have Brewer & Shipley booked for Folk Festival that month and we are EXCITED BIG TIME ABOUT THAT! http://www.geekfest.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

DID I MENTION THIS WEEKEND WE HAVE A GREAT COMEDY LINE UP??? AND WE ARE OFFERING OUR LOCAL NEIGHBORS TO ATTEND AT HALF PRICE ON FRIDAY ONLY! Come get your jollies with us!

car,son
06-11-2002, 09:39 AM
Keith,
I've been trying to reach you and don't seem to be having much luck so I thought I'd try again through this. I am back and anxious to talk to you. Once again I think you'd be very happy if you were to employ me. I believe I possess a deal of talent you could utilize at the Lumberyard. I have been around music almost all my life in all sorts of ways starting from an early age. My ex-stepfather was a guitar player for Johnny Lee Wills {Bob Wills brother) when I was young. They did a nationally syndicated radio show out of Cains Ballroom in Tulsa so my musical roots run deep. You can ask Asleep at the Wheel about Cains if you aren't familiar with it. That's where western swing originated and I saw them playing there quite a number of years ago. In fact they played so long that at the end there were only five of us left in the audience. That had worn everybody else out.
Still hoping to hear from you soon. sonnycarter@yahoo.com Phone 253-2853

S. Jones
06-11-2002, 11:00 AM
Sonny, Gina and I just saw Asleep at the Wheel at the Cains a couple of weeks ago($12.00 cover). I used to walk by the Cains everyday to go to school. My mother and uncles used to dance in there to Bob Wills in the 40`s, and the old Cimaron(sp) Ballroom (Leon Mcullif). I even saw the Sex Pistols play there in the 70`s.

Is your ex-stepfather Eldin Shamlin by any chance?

kukukachu
06-12-2002, 09:24 AM
Keith, have you considered getting hooked up here? http://www.eurekasprings.com
Edited to take off that long URL
just hit the bars and nightclub link

[This message has been edited by kukukachu (edited 06-12-2002).]

car,son
06-12-2002, 09:27 AM
Steve & Gina
No, since my stepfather never played with Bob he never received the attention that Eldon did. I may be somewhat biased but I always felt that Don Tolle was the best in either band. He learned to play guitar while suffering from T.B. during WW2. Prior to that he was at Julliard studying to be a concert violinist. He took his style on the guitar from Charlie Christain who,ironically, died of T.B. at the age of 27. I don't know if Don Tolle is still living or not since the last time I saw him he was in very bad health and that was a number of years ago.

karen pryor
06-12-2002, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the heads up, KuKu.
My fault on having Keith omitted from the link. He's there now. Sorry Keith, too many things going on at once.