PDA

View Full Version : TIMES ECHO PULLS YOUR LEG !

Carriageguy
08-06-2002, 04:00 PM
Headline: TIMES ECHO PULLS ANOTHER AWARD
Pulls another fast one is more like it.
“For excellence in local news coverage” it says.
The folks who give out this award must not have read the CURRENT issue then.
Right on the front page is a story, if you could call it that, about my wild ride on the a runaway carriage last Thursday evening. They did not call me, they did not even BOTHER to ask me ANYTHING about what ACTUALLY happened.
They JUST took the written police report and wrote and entire story from that, somehow getting from that that the girls had been THROWN TO THE PAVEMENT and the wild ride had come to an end with a GLORIOUS WRECK out north of town.
Bunk and Bull Puckey! The girls were NOT thrown to the pavement, they WERE in fact thrown to the ONLY soft place imaginable, they were thrown in the grass in someones front yard. The carriage was already “wrecked” by the time I had left Café Santa Fe it STOPPED MOVING at the north end of town, it did not wreck there. What do I say at the end of most of my posts? I AINT HARD TO FIND. Mary Pat from the Citizen found me, she CALLED me and asked ME what the heck happened. Now ME , I’m just a long haired redneck, but ME, if I were putting together a FRONT page article, I’d at the very least CALL the party that was involved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just wonder how many OTHER “news stories” are REPORTED in the same way?
Puts a lot of faith in a paper you gotta PAY FOR don’t it?
Excellence in local news coverage, my horses butt.
That enough hoopin and hollerin? Guess I’ll go back to the horses.
Ya’ll have a good day.

Tom.
PHONE NUMBER ! --> 479~253~1737 ! <---

------------------
www.oldendayscarriageservices.com (http://www.oldendayscarriageservices.com)

[This message has been edited by Carriageguy (edited 08-06-2002).]

oldguy
08-06-2002, 09:57 PM
Why do you think they are the special ops for the CDP hurry hurry get your special news and show their canidate doing something wounderful. Go back 30 min. later and see who is there.
They do good at covering poop bags can't tell which stinks most.

oldguy
08-07-2002, 09:26 PM
Carriageguy your lucky that is all the higher they can reach. Another few inches and thy would have you by the hitchin post

BigBadBoy
08-08-2002, 05:35 AM
The Times Echo has no more to do with reporting the real news than the Mayors tax problems have to do with being mayor. Can we say Spin.