PDA

View Full Version : Folk Festival

eurekacowgirl
10-14-2003, 07:52 AM
I want to congratulate Ms. Bobbie Grogan as our new Folk Festival Queen. I can't think of a better person to represent our town. She is the daughter of Doug and Ellen Grogan. Doug was born and raised here and Ellen has lived here for approx. 30 years. Great representation!
Congratulations Bobbie!

Jan Ridenour
10-14-2003, 08:18 AM
Go Bobbie! May your year be filled with fun and beauty!

And a big Thumbs Up to all of the guys and girls who were a part of the contest. It was wonderful and you all looked great.

S. Jones
10-14-2003, 04:49 PM
Thanks to whoever booked Sam Bush!! (pearl).

AWESOME show!!

Kim Yonkee
10-14-2003, 08:06 PM
Congratulations to Bobbie and to all the court, contestants and attendants. Also, thanks to Michelle for dressing everybody. They all looked fabulous!

The parade was great fun too. While I really liked all the entries, I've gotta say that my favorite was the marching band with majorettes twirling lawn chairs. Lany, I had no idea you had so many talents. http://www.geekfest.com/ubb/wink.gif

Ellen
10-15-2003, 04:50 AM
Thanks for all the "congratulations" on BobbieLee! She's come a long way. During the contest I couldn't help thinking what a beautiful group of girls our town has!

I thought the parade was fun, too, but just not enough entries! I wish the parade was back on a weekday, like it was when I was in school. We used to spend the morning half of school decorating floats (each school club was required to have an entry) and was dismissed from school early enough to line up our floats. The JR. class always had the Hot Cider stand downtown (Folk Festival used to be the last week of October and sometimes it was really cold), hot cider was always a welcome drink.

Jan and Kim, when you get the picture of my son "working", send me a copy.
Ellen

Lany Ballance
10-15-2003, 11:31 AM
Aw shux, Kim. I guess I've got a trick or three up my sleeve yet . . . I totally had a blast watching the lawnchairettes! Could hardly catch my breath to play kuz I was giggling so hard. http://www.geekfest.com/ubb/smile.gif

I love a parade -- watching, participating -- it doesn't matter. I love parades! This town does 'em up right! Thumbs up, Eureka Springs!!

bringit520
10-21-2003, 03:40 PM
Congratulations Bobby!I am so glad you put the effort forth to participate in Folk Festival... and you won! Good Job Girl!

Love Always,
Rebekah Bell*