PDA

View Full Version : Another Eureka Springs Double Standard?

Royal Alcott
06-07-2002, 11:24 AM
If paying taxes is considered a measure of character in Eureka Springs, why is Willie Nelson so welcome here?

Ann Hedonia
06-07-2002, 03:17 PM
U haf 2 ask?

sweetness&light
06-07-2002, 03:42 PM
Is Willie coming back here?

sweetness&light
06-07-2002, 03:44 PM
Rats!! I meant to add this on: Because Willie went all out doing concerts to pay his multi-million dollar back tax bill....HE paid his debt to IRS, of course it should have been paid when due, but at least HE PAID it.

Royal Alcott
06-07-2002, 03:57 PM
Yes, Ms Hedonia, I have to ask.

All of America's tax payers took up the slack when Mr. Nelson fell behind and no one complained abiout his character.

Three years ago there was something called the ESIC which picked and backed candidates for City Council.

One of those chosen was Mr. Dozier whose first action at a council meeting was to throw a bunch of papers across the table and condemn the use of city cell phones.

The ESIC mission, as stated to great applause, was to "neutralize the mayor".I was there.

I do not believe that attitude contributes anything to the city or to the election process.

However, if you do, that is your privilege.

becsflowers
06-07-2002, 04:10 PM
What is the difference between the ESIC and the CDP? Same people on ESIC joined CDP? And then some.

Ann Hedonia
06-07-2002, 04:34 PM
i hurd he wuz welkum heer kuz hee had balls

kukukachu
06-07-2002, 04:44 PM
He is welcome here because he is a graceful, gentle man, a legend in his own time, unlike some old farts are legends in their own minds!
He paid his taxes when he became aware that they had gone unpaid. He had trusted his accountants to take care of it, they did not. He lost/sold everything he owned to pay them back. He has raised millions to help farmers, he is still doing it. What are you doing to help others that makes you so welcome here, royal pain in the ***?
You are in the wrong company to bad mouth Willie!

Bubba
06-07-2002, 05:12 PM
KKK, you are exactly right.

Willie's tax problems were created by others, but he cut an album to pay the back taxes. That, Royal, is to his credit, not his discredit.

But, Royal, as usual, you cite fragments and omit the big picture - whether about Willie, the filming of Eureka, the Crosses, ESIC, DeVito, Jack, Patt, CAPC, CJRW, or whomever.

Essentially, whenever I see your name, I automatically go into "here's another pathetic laugh."

By the way, I personally think anyone who has tried to neutralize thiz mayor did not go far enough - they should have tried to neuter him az well.

Royal Alcott
06-07-2002, 06:17 PM
Kuku and Bubba-

At no time have I ever badouthed Willie Nelson.

This post is about taxes and respect and the double standard evidenced here.

That is all it is about.

Bubba
06-07-2002, 06:37 PM
FUBAR,

You state that "At no time have I ever badouthed [sic] Willie Nelson"

yet your opening sentence is
"If paying taxes is considered a measure of character in Eureka Springs, why is Willie Nelson so welcome here?"

You IMMEDIATELY question his "character."

Let me ask you the same question or our mayor, namely,

"If paying taxes is considered a measure of character in Eureka Springs, why is Willie Nelson [Beau tax-cheat Satori] so welcome here?

And your answer is??????

just wondering
06-08-2002, 05:53 AM
Remember the statement from the Queen of Hotels in New York? "Only the poor pay taxes." Of course, they also found out she was "cooking the books"!

Ann Hedonia
06-08-2002, 10:38 AM
i hurd willie had rillie big balls he throo at the kresent. iz that true?

Royal Alcott
06-08-2002, 11:56 AM
Bubba-

One standard for Willie and another for the Mayor.

Willie is welcome everywhere as he should be because his tax problems did not reflect on his character or his talent.

You have tipped your hand.

Bubba
06-09-2002, 04:36 PM
Does the mayor's non-payment of taxes for a decade reflect on hiz "Character?"

Are hiz citizen subjectz to take direction from Hiz non-tax-paying Highnez?

No one's hand iz tipped except to show that your "point" doez not stand up to scrutiny.

But thiz is hardly new ground.

becsflowers
06-09-2002, 06:13 PM
The non payment of taxes have nothing to do with one's character. Some people had sick family with no insurace and can't pay. Some believe it is unconstitutional. Some people have good intentions and get caught up in it all. I personally would like to see the Good Money Fairy(GMF) float down and wave a big ol' magical wand and eliminate taxes on food and drug items.
Beau is a fine character. I have witnessed the character of all who have tried to tear him down, weighed the good on one hand and the evil on the other. Their character belongs in the same box of character of the Democrat elect President of the Wyandotte County Bar Association in 1996. And one additional member of THAT board. Their "character" does not match up to their job descriptions either, but that's politics. If that baffles you, stick around for the book. It's scheduled for release in '03.

Royal Alcott
06-09-2002, 06:16 PM
Bubba-

Were you pleased when the County Prosecuting Attorney demanded the mayor's resignation with the threat of prosecution and prison?

Were you disappointed when a judge threw the case out?

You are too obvious.

Unome
06-09-2002, 10:51 PM
Character is not the issue. Executive ability is. If Willie pretended to run a city, its residents would be concerned about his lack of business acumen.

Comparing an amusement vendor to the man who holds a city hostage is absurd. Willie's power to wreck the economic viability of his hometown is limited. Willie is an entertainer. Musicians sing until they pay their bills. Beau is the self-proclaimed savior of Eureka Springs. Unworthy political saviors use their power to make everyone else pay. Standards of behavior are higher for people who have the power to destroy others' lives. This is a good thing.

Beau can't run a business. Beau can't run a city. The proof is obvious in both cases.

Yes I was happy when the prosecuting attorney demanded his resignation. Yes I'm disappointed that Beau is still here. Yes I pray that Eureka can survive until Beau is gone.

The most amusing thing about your small minded hypocrisy is that you're the only person who's unaware of it. Insert Cross or Moyer or Devito in the discussion and listen to the new tune Willie Royal sings.

Your canine devotion is adorable Royal. If Beau still had a cell phone, I'm sure the number would be on your collar tag. Unfortunately this would mean you could never get lost.

Royal Alcott
06-10-2002, 12:00 AM
Unome-

I do not know you.

I know the current mayor was elected to the job.

I know the election was certified.

I know there will be another election in November for mayor and city council.

I know this is the law.

Back to the double standard. Do you think a convicted criminal who has been publically identified as dishonest can manage millions of dollars of public funds year after year while a business person with much less money involved in a tax situation can't manage a city council?

Under this system a mayor presides. The council votes.

I wear no one's collar. Whose do you wear?

kernicerus
06-10-2002, 01:32 AM
nobody's perfect.

amazed
06-10-2002, 03:00 AM
Ann, I'm betting that Willie has "rillie big balls" wherever he goes. That could explain why his legs are so bowed.

Bubba
06-11-2002, 07:50 PM
Royal,

First you mention character in your VERY FIRST SENTENCE . . . "If paying taxes is considered a measure of character in Eureka Springs, why is Willie Nelson so welcome here?"

Then you turn right around and say "At no time have I ever badouthed [sic]Willie Nelson"

No, I guess not, unless "paying taxes is considered a measure of character" as you originally contend.

Now you want to distract attention to your own "double standard" of attacking character but denying that attack.

Your own double standard smells.

The issue is not the mayor voting twice or the prosecuting attorney or a judges ruling.

The issue is your opening accusation.

The issue is the double standard you yourself brought up.

The issue is you still cannot answer my question, a derivitive of yours,

WHICH REMAINS

"If paying taxes is considered a measure of character in Eureka Springs, why is Willie Nelson [Beau tax-cheat Satori] so welcome here?

And your answer is??????

And your answer is??????

And your answer is ?????

Royal Alcott
06-11-2002, 08:21 PM
Bubba-

The question is rhetorical.(look it up)

My answer is what it has always been. Willie Nelson is welcome here because his tax problems have nothing to do with his character.

You demonstrate the double standard by your foolishness.

Bubba
06-11-2002, 09:47 PM
FUBAR,

And your answer is?????

moon12
06-13-2002, 01:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Royal Alcott:
If paying taxes is considered a measure of character in Eureka Springs, why is Willie Nelson so welcome here?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is Willie Nelson coming to Eureka? If so when?

C-mo
06-13-2002, 02:37 PM
Harvest time.

becsflowers
06-13-2002, 06:35 PM
LOL !!!!!