PDA

View Full Version : On A Lighter Note...............

Rachal
07-25-2002, 11:23 PM
I hate those days when you check the board, only to see that someone has passed away. Then a thread goes on about what a wonderful person they were. I think in this day and age, if we let people know what we think BEFORE they go, we may live in a better place- so this thread is to the people that you have always thought about, but have never gotten around to saying how you really feel. NO negative thoughts- "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." After all the bickering, this may be nice for a change, Here's mine:

-Kim and Jan--- you are the most wonderful, dedicated, hard working people that come to mind. You are always there to help in any way, any time, for any one. You spend countless hours monitoring others, only to continue to serve us in the virtual world. Thank you--- you are very much appreciated!

-Karen, and the other PIM girls- You have to be the most knowledgable people to come to for Eureka travel. Thank you for keeping visitors happy, and telling them to spend money in our town!

-James DeVito- Talk about commitment. Win or lose, all you care about is to make our town a better place. Your pasta delights me, and my oven is SO happy that is doesn't have to work when I come see you! http://www.geekfest.com/ubb/smile.gif Thank you for caring about this beautiful town-- and keep your hat in the ring!

-John Folker- Thank you for working so hard, for giving us so much gardening information, and for making our town so much more vibrant and colorful.

-Helen- What a lady!! You have watched me grow, and I can't help but think of you as a 2nd mother!! Always happy, always smiling, and soon to be wearing that red hat again!

-Keith- Thank you for providing a GREAT spot for entertainment!! For working so hard, bringing FABULOUS performers, and making the town more festive!

-Royal- Although I disagree with just about everything you say, I love that you are SO persistant, and fight for what you believe in.

-Pat Milam- Thank you for being such a fun "House Mom." You are so energetic, down to earth, and a great spirit.

-My husband Thomas and all other police, firemen, and EMTs- Thank you for serving our community, and for coming home safe to us every night. Even though it is Eureka, it is still a dangerous and often thankless job.

-And Mom (Dani Wilson)- What better role model could I have?? Thank you for fighting for what you believe in, wanting to make a change, and not stopping until you do. Thank you for the morals you have instilled, and the love you share. One day---- you WILL make in to the US Senate- and I will follow you all the way.

WHOSE NEXT????????????????????

------------------
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

[This message has been edited by Rachal (edited 07-26-2002).]

karen pryor
07-26-2002, 05:47 AM
Rachal: Thank you for taking it upon yourself to conceive, organize, promote and just about solely carry off one of the most worth while events of the Spring. The Buddy Walk was a success and I can see it only getting bigger each year. You are quick to say that you did not do it alone but you started it and you deligated and you knew what you wanted and you were an inspiring leader. You are an asset to this community and we are lucky to have you. No wonder your mother is so very proud of you...we are too!!
Karen

Bevanne
07-26-2002, 07:10 AM
Thank you, Rachal!!!!! I love to see a positive post on this otherwise b******** board. What a wonderful concept to thank and praise those who do good while they are still with us. You are a great person and a caring individual....thanks again, Bev

Lucinda
07-26-2002, 08:35 AM
Good post Rachal.

Becky Davis
07-26-2002, 08:52 AM
I sure hope Dani makes it all the way to the US Senate. I will vote for her every time.
Rachel, you are a wonder yourself. Nothing to sneeze at girl.

becsflowers
07-26-2002, 10:18 AM
You are loved, Rachal! What a breath of fresh air you are to this board today! I'm going to sign off and head for my chores for the day. It has been a delight here this morning!

Dani Joy
07-26-2002, 10:53 AM
WOW!! What a great idea! What an amazing kid. Actually she isn't a kid anymore. Let me tell you a little about Rach.

She grew up having 2 step sisters coming over every weekend till she was 6. They demanded an extreme amount of attention and tended to try and pick on her alot. They moved in when she was 6 because their mother shot herself. Rachal immediately had to learn to live with 2 other girls in the house and deal with the stress and trauma that they were going through. Both of them had problems, but the youngest couldn't deal with them. After $30,000 of psy. help she eventually turned to drugs and drinking at 12. Rachal watched Tricia constantly be arrested and in therapy for distructive behavior. At one point we actually were afraid to let her sleep by herself in fear that her sister would hurt her.

During this all we tried to maintain a normal life and moved to Eureka. The 2 oldest girls grew up and moved off and finally Rach could get the attention she needed and deserved, but in 1993 her father passed away in a drowning accident. She was 12. So once again the child had to be an adult. We became closer than ever having only each other to cling to. She gave me the will to live without John. As life is you go on and survive and we did. She grew and became active in school and kept me running to keep up with her. I eventually met my husband, David, and we became pregnant with our surprise baby Alex. Rach was so excited. She went out of her way to help me during the pregnancy. But the day Alex got here our world and the small amount of normalacy that we enjoyed once again left. Alex was born with a major disability and there was a question to whether he would live to be a year old. True to form Rachal stood by my bed in the hospital and boldly declaired that the doctors were wrong and he would be wonderful. She didn't leave my side for 3 days, sleeping in a chair at night. We brought him home and have enjoyed the best thing that God could have given us all ever since.

She is now grown and has a wonderful husband and family. But there will always be a bond between us that goes far beyond mother and daughter. She has held me together during many tramatic situations and help me see that there is always a bright ray on the horizon. I could not be more proud of her if I tried. Not only is she an activist for the rights of people with disabilities, but she is extremely busy with my campaign.

So here is to you baby. A truely amazing human being with a heart the size of Dallas!

I love you

[This message has been edited by Dani Wilson (edited 07-26-2002).]

karen pryor
07-26-2002, 11:32 AM
I need a tissue...

PMilam
07-26-2002, 12:15 PM
A whole box, please. Rachael, I always knew you were a great young woman, but, I really didn't know all that you went through. It is amazing to see how one person will shut down completely, and the one standing right next to them will gracefully take wing and fly.
Beauty, grace and love to you always,
Patt

Old Thing
07-26-2002, 02:04 PM
Rachal, Dani...

Once again, the acorn did not fall far from the oak tree!

oops
07-26-2002, 03:48 PM
I need some toilet paper

Rachal
07-26-2002, 04:00 PM
OK- thank you, that makes me feel very good.

But, this was supposed to be something where you shared to everyone on this board how you feel. I feel like a hog!!!

But thank you, in life, you either suck it up and keep moving, or you get run over. There is no time to waste in self-pity.

OK- now someones elses turn!!!!

------------------
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

oops
07-26-2002, 04:06 PM
oops' post has been moved to its very own thread: cuckcuckoos and other bird noises.

s&l

[This message has been edited by sweetness&light (edited 07-26-2002).]

Dani Joy
07-26-2002, 05:36 PM
Ok - I'll bite

Helen Jeffrey - not only one of the classiest ladies in town, but one of the smartest. Served for years on committees and has Eureka in her heart. And looks great in a red hat too! She also put up with Dave trying to do his civic duty for years.

Jan & Kim - for ignoring the constant bickering and thinking outside of the box for Eureka - you go girls!

James DeVito - a man who has weathered 2 of the hardest years anyone could go through, and yet still thinks of this city first.

Betty Zaboly - who has some of the very best campaign advice in the world.

But most of all my husband David. For agreeing to put up with the campaign trail and become the primary caregiver for Alex. There couldn't be a better dad.

Now - who's next..............

gayle
07-26-2002, 05:57 PM
I would like to thank all the kind people of Eureka who have always been so welcoming to me on my three times a year visits to your wonderful town. The people I have met have been for the most part kind, and generous of spirit and friendly and open. It made me fall in love with Eureka!!!!! All my new friends in Eureka (and you know who you are ) I salute you!

jf501
07-27-2002, 05:53 AM
Rachal, Thanks for including me in your group to thank before passing on, knowing you since you were a little girl growing up with Danielle has been an honor.

I would like to thank all the people that truly care about humanity and quality of life for all people.

Most of all my wife Staci and Children, Danielle, Lindsay and Zac, they are the true light within my life and hope for them to always be good positive people but objective when necessary.

So many to thank I don't know where to start, I think they know who they are!

All the volunteers that have helped us (OARS) help those who need the care an organization like OARS gives. They also know who they are!

PMilam
07-30-2002, 08:21 AM
Larry Williams.. to the point, on the point! None of the.. "a birdie/friend/ told me.. I heard"... You go to the source. Thanks Larry, for being informative and knowledgeable, without being mean!

Becky Davis
07-30-2002, 08:44 AM
To Royal..who does love Eureka and is persistent.

To Marolyn Lenzer, who has endured many heartbreaking trials and still quietly goes on her way helping many others thru her volunteerism. Never tooting her own horn or expecting recognition.

To Margo who is always beautiful inside and out.

To the anonymous citizen who sent me twenty dollars and a cheerful card every week for five weeks at time in my life when twenty dollars looked like two hundred.

To Timm, Kali, Mishala and Joszef who are just the bestests friends.

Gee..once you start looking on the good side, the list starts getting so long doesn't it?

[This message has been edited by Becky Davis (edited 07-30-2002).]

shuggie
07-30-2002, 06:57 PM
MS. CAROLYN GREEN

Becky Davis
07-30-2002, 07:11 PM
You betcha Shuggie!!

James DeVito
07-30-2002, 09:37 PM
To Ms. Carolyn Green, whose legacy was foretold by her name.