PDA

View Full Version : "Salmonella" on the internet

becsflowers
12-02-2003, 09:07 AM
I started THIS thread simply to rant and rave about IMPORTED FOOD STUFF. However, after examination, I think that I am basically unhappy in general today, with EVERYTHING and EVERYONE. Not just food stuff, but the government, spoiled children(and I don't limit that to just everone else's.)
Mostly, I am sick and disgusted with imported food items from other countries that are contaminating and poisoning the world.
I had NO IDEA that green onions were not grown in a hot house somewhere in the USA this time of year! They have been the latest source of a bacteria making people sick and killing them, because where they are grown at overseas, those farmers use their human waste for fertilizer. Over the years, their bodies are used to the bacteria (kind of like going to Mexico-THEY can drink their water, but we can't)And beware of the term "organic". While that word is an honest sounding word, investigate it before you get caught up in it just for the sake of "organic is better". Don't ya think that "all natural" fertilizer is considered "organic"?
I think it is BULL that the simplest of food items is IMPORTED. I do not, and REFUSE to believe that we can not grow our own, even in the winter. That's what technology is HERE for us for...
Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (vCJD, the form of CJD that has been linked to mad cow disease)....it is more commonly known as "Chronic Wasting Disease," and it is the reason why my family has not and will not eat deer or elk meat in the last 7 years. The State of Missouri released some statistics a short while ago, but claimed it was not harmful or put humans who consumed it at risk? That is BS.7 or more years ago, the state of Colorado found 30% of the "free range" deer and elk they studied to be infected, suspecting antelope,moose, bobcat and other wild animals in the food chain to have it as well.

I don't know what the solution to "bad government" is. "Bad government" to one is "good government" to another.Especially "EACH other".

I believe they are insensitive to the starving children and people who can not afford medical insurance or medicine and view them as the "bottom of the food chain", and "what ever happens to them, happens..."
basically a form of genocide in our own society.

"Write your congressperson" all you want...they ALL lie, and it has been an acceptable way of life in politics forever. They have never HAD to account for any of their lies. What happened in California was basically a situation where "the people" got sick enough of it and "took it back"; an "over-throw" of sorts, I suppose.

Open wide; you are going to have more than you want shoved down your throat anyhow.So, over-throw it, throw it up, or shove-it....it's all the same to me today.

EurekaRebel
12-02-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by becsflowers:
Open wide; you are going to have more than you want shoved down your throat anyhow.So, over-throw it, throw it up, or shove-it....it's all the same to me today.

This is the most sensible post I have read here in a long time.

You have it EXACTLY right, Becs.

No matter what WE think, we are gonna get it shoved down our throat one way or another. It's the good old American way!

An we as individuals can do nothing at all about it.

sweetness&light
12-02-2003, 11:56 AM
becs....

I bet there's a twist in your thong you don't know about OR...it's time for another Zima. http://www.geekfest.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

gayle
12-02-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by EurekaRebel:
This is the most sensible post I have read here in a long time.

You have it EXACTLY right, Becs.

No matter what WE think, we are gonna get it shoved down our throat one way or another. It's the good old American way!

An we as individuals can do nothing at all about it.

You can thank George W Bush.

James DeVito
12-02-2003, 03:50 PM
If we expect to sell our products overseas we have to accept imported goods. Most of the produce in your supermarkets during the winter comes from South America. I`m sure Gayle would get tired of eating reindeer all winter.

becsflowers
12-02-2003, 04:55 PM
I don't think I have to "thank anybody". George Sr, George Jr, the people that elected him, OR the people that "helped" get him elected by voting for a third party. I CAN and WILL feel free to thank all those I know who choose to remain in a rose colored bubble, ignoring the terrible plight among us, going on in front of own faces, thinking we have a duty (to WHO?) to import CRAP that we had no reason to a few years ago.

There are textile mills going out of business on the east coast at an alarming rate.

Why?
Because of all the Packistani panties being imported! And the towels to dry your Packistani panty covered pooper? You guessed it! "Made in Packistan"!

And just WHAT IS IT we are SELLING overseas? 25 years ago when I went to remodel my kitchen, I was informed that I couldn't BUY an American MADE appliance in America. Oh yes, GE, Whirlpool, etc are all American companies, but they have manufactured the ALL the parts for their appliances overseas for years. And then 15-20 years down the line, was anybody here SURPRISED that Whirlpool laid off HOW MANY workers? And after the textile mills are all gone, we will export all our raw material OVERSEAS? Give em 2 bucks worth of cotton so they can sell me a 4 buck towel? How SMART is THAT?

Do you know exactly HOW LONG it's been since you could replace the radiator in your AMERICAN MADE automobile with a replacement radiator actually MADE here? Too long for ME to remember...

We are just now starting to see & feel the trickle-down effects from an on-going snowball. Does ONE raindrop feel he is responsible for the whole flood?

gayle
12-02-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by James DeVito:
If we expect to sell our products overseas we have to accept imported goods. Most of the produce in your supermarkets during the winter comes from South America. I`m sure Gayle would get tired of eating reindeer all winter.

James,
I have never in my life eaten reindeer!!!! (by the way, they're called caribou up here http://www.geekfest.com/ubb/wink.gif) Seriously though, I understand the point you are making, just as I understand the point Becs is making. We have the same problems here, to a lesser degree, with stuff imported from the U.S of A. (Television programming and movies being the biggest import I think). Hollywood has discovered Quebec now, it's a cheap place to film I guess and I hear there are complaints building on that issue as well, with some sort of tariff being suggested...we'll see how that works out.

There was a time when even here in Canada, buying "made in the USA" was a guarantee of quality. The Pet shop I managed for many years would as a rule carry American made products rather than the asian imports available at a much much cheaper price. (That was providing a Canadian equivalent wasn't available.)

I make an effort to always buy Canadian, unless the product is unavailable, in which case I try to buy American. This is the only power we as consumers have.